It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petraeus Condems US Churches Plan to Burn Quarans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
General Petraeus has spoken out on this provacative Quaran burning stunt.

[Petraeus Condems Quaran Burning
It could endanger troops and it could endanger the overall effort," Gen. Petraeus said in an interview. "It is precisely the kind of action the Taliban uses and could cause significant problems. Not just here, but everywhere in the world we are engaged with the Islamic community."

More stupidity from the far right "christians".

[edit on 6-9-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

These idiots that are burning qurans are the same ones that claim "Wikilieaks is endangering US Soldiers!", when they are doing something 20 times worse.

Stupid is as stupid does.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm a Christian and I can't believe other Christians would want to do this. One of the main principles in my religion is to be tolerant of others. The burning of the Koran is a showing of ignorance and intolerance in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Im not a fan of book burning.
I'm sure this will be popular with many Americans, but it sets a dangerous precedent. While it falls under the 1st Amendment, I don't think they'd be quite so enthusiastic if it were "Burn a Bible" Day.
Seems like a memorial to the 9/11 dead might be more "christian".

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Just the thing to trigger more attacks on American interests and Americans around the world. Even the FBI was condemning the book burning.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It just proves to the people calling this a "holy war", that now they're right.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Couldn't agree more.

It is sad to see people who profess themselves as one thing and then act otherwise.

More power to them [those that are engaging in the act of burning the Koran] but they will find out that while it is okay to do something, it will bring bad light upon not only themselves but their professed religion.

On the complete other hand, just because I want to play a bit of devil's advocate, I was pondering if there was a deeper reason to all this.

Are they trying to make a point of some sort? That their actions, while Constitutionally protected and most likely frowned upon by the general populace be held to the same standard as the Mosque issue?

Are they hopping that the attention they draw will prove that most lawmakers and politicians are very selective in their upholding of the Constitituion?

To me, it seems idiotic overall what they are doing, but then again, maybe we don't have the whole story....

Always ask more questions than what is given....

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It's not the Quaran per se that is the problem. The Old Testament and the rest of the Bible that Jews and Christians use are also full of bloody exploits of heroes and calls for damnation and death. We don't burn the Bible if a Christian or Jew commits a horrendous act.

It is my understanding that truly devout Muslims are less likely to be moved to extremes.

You can't really blame violence on a holy book, or any book for that matter. It is in the individual.

top topics

join