It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ads, Ads & More Ads!! A Question About The New ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Hey Gang,

Question..

I'm seeing quite a lot of adds since the new changes started to take affect. Ads where there previously were not.

I'm wondering if us members who have worked (contributed, obviously not the only reason for participating..) to get rid of the ads are going to have to deal with them from now on, or if this is just temporary until things get finalized?

Not that it's really that bothersome or anything, but it was nice that we had that little perk so we saw less ads. I always saw them on the Home Page, which was normal, but now I'm seeing them in side threads and on the Recent Posts page, pretty much everywhere.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yeah, I've kind of gotten on a depressive kick because all my adds are for dating sites geared to old men!

If we've got to have ads can we at least get some that don't result in us spending half of our ATS time curled up in little fetal balls of denial?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Yeah, I mean wow, how dare they try to make 2 cents off of this page or any page on ATS.

Totally shameful capitalist greed, even worse that they expect the elite members to have to be burdened with such ads when we all know they are so much better and should be more privileged than us lowlife regular members and not have to ever see any ads.

Shame on you ATS for trying to pay for your existence on the internet.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I was gonna say something about them too
but I figured I would let somebody else go
first then I would chime in. Seems I had
used all my brownie points up on the
facebook alternative thread. But they are
a bit overbearing if ur not use to seeing
them and quite the distraction.
But I guess we gotta rob Peter to
pay Paul.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Ha-Ha FF!

I see your point, though, it is silly and if I do have to put up with the ads, I will gladly do it, I have no real quams with it.

ETA: Bad joke...

~Keeper

[edit on 9/6/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Yeah, I've kind of gotten on a depressive kick because all my adds are for dating sites geared to old men!

My ads keep telling me to get a job

new topics

top topics

join