It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, Never Condemn

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

The occult? That's very odd, what was the denomination? And I don't think either we will be free totally from sin until we have a glorified body.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

NoturTypical,

Spiritualism and occult are in several denominations, done very subtlety. I wouldn't want to reveal here just how and who.

I find many find sin cannot be put away but I contend all things are possible with Him in us. We have that power with the heart of Love He gives us. It has to be a continus abiding He in us and we in Him for we of ourselves are not able. I will bring up a few verses that show that it is expected.

1Jo 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
1Jo 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jo 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Sin is all around us and one has to be continually connected or we fall. Perchance we do slip for a moment we do have have an advocate. 1Jo 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: It takes us to our knees and true repentance and acknowledgement that we got all "muddy" again. The time is coming that it is closed and we need to be getting more and more above sin. Re 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. We wouldn't want to be with an unpardoned sin at that time.

Obedience to the law of love is not hard or grevious to be in compliance of, a heart of love he gives us finds full freedom in His will for us. A free man or woman in Christ experiences this freedom. Really He sets us free from the Prison House of Satan in sin. Satan need not have anything in us as He also said of Himself. With Christ in us we already have the victory over Satan, he is a defeated foe. He Yahshua puts out His hand so to speak and we take it and hold onto it and we are safe and walk aright.

Truthiron

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

We wouldn't want to be with an unpardoned sin at that time.

HUH???

Let me ask you a question...

How many of your sins were yet future when Christ died for you on the cross?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
God saves us, we only accept the gift through faith. Christ paid the debt completely. When He said "It is finished.." it translates in the Greek as "paid in full". Adding to the redemptive work of Christ is a heresy. We could not merit salvation by our works and we cannot lose our salvation by our works. Rewards, yes they most certainly can be lost, but not eternal life.

1st Thessalonians 5:23, "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

Jude 1:1, "Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called."

2nd Timothy 4:18, "And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

Philippians 1:6, "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."

John 10:28, "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." (I'm a man)

John 10:29,30, "My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one." ("no man" includes oneself)

2nd Corinthians 5:21, "For He hath made Him to be sin for us, Who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him."

We are wholly righteous in God's sight, not by our efforts, not by our works, not by our sweat and tears, but by HIS imputed righteousness.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

NOTurTypical,

Once saved always saved is false theology. We didn't need saved until we committed sin and then at His throne of grace we are forgiven. We need forgiveness then each time we fall back and all do is the answer to your question.
Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

People sin daily, even born-again christians. The difference is that Jesus paid our debt to sin, so we are not held accountable for it. However, that is by no means a hall pass to live in sin... With Christ in us, testifying against our sin, it is nearly impossible to want to sin. It is the last thing we would want to do, since Jesus did so much for us. How could we? And yet, we are still human and it is going to happen. If God's grace didn't encompass that, you'd have to repent and get born-again all over again every time you made a mistake. I've never found anything in the bible to indicate that is the case. Instead, we read that God coaches us to repent (meaning turn from it willingly) of the sin and continue to do His work.

Amazing grace turns into more than just a funeral song once you really understand it.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I agree with you, I'm not a "Once saved always saved" guy. There are MANY in the church who have a profession of faith, but never had a possession of faith. "IF saved always saved" is what I believe in. And the two terms are quite different.

I believe if one's trust is in their OWN ability to earn and keep their salvation then they can in fact lose their salvation. If a person's trust is in the Lord to save them and preserve them then, no they cannot lose it. My trust is in the Lord to save me and to preserve me. He cannot fail.

""These things have I written unto you that believe on the Name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye have Eternal Life, and that ye may believe on the Name of the Son of God"

1 John 5:13

Eternal Security

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RapturedNotBeamed

Very true, if a person can live in sin continually without conviction that most likely means they have never been born again at any time to begin with. Anyone who is born of the Spirit cannot live in sin. That's why I say "IF saved always saved".

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

NOTurTypical,

Yes we agree on that last post. He certainly does give us that power.

Jude 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Granted though we must continue in Him to keep from falling Jude speaks of.

Tuthiron.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

That means to remain a believer. We are saved by faith, and not by works lest any man should boast. But just as I cannot be unbirthed by my mother, a born-again Christian cannot be unbirthed by the Holy Spirit.

Anyone who rejects Christ, was never born again to begin with. being born again is not something WE do, it's a work of the Holy Spirit of regeneration of our spirit.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Kinglizard,

Getting this tread back on track, Christians should especially be careful not to condemn as it is taught I'm sure in all Christianity that we are not to judge. In order to condemn we have judged. That is not the job of a Christian. The Christian job is to help others especially to find the way to eternal life which he believes it is all about. All whether Christian or other beliefs should just go about teaching what they believe and then it is up to the individual as to what he will recieve if any from it. Each is free and we aren't to coerce, compel.

Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
If you are a Christian I urge you to never condemn your fellow man be they sinner, atheist, agnostic, Jew, Muslim...etc.

Hello, KL. It's good to see you.
This is a beautiful thought. And I'd like to replace "Christian" with "person". If you are a person, I urge you to never condemn your fellow man be they sinner, atheist, agnostic, Jew, Muslim or Christian, etc.

You are a great example.

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I would like to see a definition of "condemn" and "judge" from the various viewpoints of the posters.

The problem with Christianity is that there are many, many, MANY, varieties of belief systems which do not all coincide.

I know a few people who call themselves Christians whose beliefs differ radically from mine. Are they truly Christians? Only God knows for sure. Do I call them Christians? I cannot ultimately determine their spiritual status with God, but I can determine whether their words/actions reflect beliefs similar to my own.

Specific example: I once met a man who seemed to me to be a Christian upon initial conversation. Three minutes into the conversation, he mentioned that he served the "Dark Lord." For me, that was an indication that he was not talking about the same God that I serve.

I didn't jump down his throat, didn't yell, didn't pound him with a Bible; but my interaction with him changed based on my appraisal of our differences. Is that judgment or condemnation?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
While I do not totally agree with the Christian faith or religion I do applaud your call to your Christian brethren to be kind to others. I DO agree with your statement that every man will find his way. : )

Peace

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by kinglizard
If you are a Christian I urge you to never condemn your fellow man be they sinner, atheist, agnostic, Jew, Muslim...etc.

Hello, KL. It's good to see you.
This is a beautiful thought. And I'd like to replace "Christian" with "person". If you are a person, I urge you to never condemn your fellow man be they sinner, atheist, agnostic, Jew, Muslim or Christian, etc.

You are a great example.

I like that quote. If we had less judgment, hatred, and cruelty in the world I can guarantee there would be far less organizations and conspiracies and more people at peace with themselves and each other.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Jesus preached love, his commandment is to love your neighbor as yourself. You cannot preach a message of love using hatred and condemnation. We should be an example of his teaching which means showing compassion and understanding to all...period.

This doesn't mean we shouldn't spread the word it just means we should do it in a way that represents the word we follow.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069

Be not deceived, but before salvation comes, the falling away must occur. You have an incredible sign right before you, yet those with eyes are still blinded.

Earthquake 7.0 Christchurch, NZ

September 11, 2010

[edit on 7-9-2010 by ben91069]

Er not September 11th, it was September 4th. (I live in NZ, I know.)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Many are ignorant on the bible, it is weird hearing them say the bible being futile.?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Faith comes with the birth in Christ,it's a natural thing.

nothing more true than that NOTurTypical.

Truthiron took a good step in this thread. IT is to encourage those doing things.

With the birth comes also the understanding of what happens when you judge people. It is normal that with the birth comes the law of not condemning, of nonjudgment to one another as it is seen by yourself it is a painfull deed. Keep being ruled by your heart. We are learned; we know this by birth it is a thing to not do. It can be put in a playfull manner but hurting eachother is over the line. As long as things are learned and there is progress in bonding, no offense.

about what I had to say. sincere.

Fire spirit.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join