It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, Never Condemn

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
If you are a Christian I urge you to never condemn your fellow man be they sinner, atheist, agnostic, Jew, Muslim...etc.

It is my belief that we all have the term of our life to find salvation. I lost my faith 20 years ago, had I been condemned by my Christian brothers and sisters they would have been condemning a saved man. Each man in his own time will find his way.

Just a passing thought 5 min ago....

[edit on 9/6/2010 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
You're never supposed to judge a person's eternal destiny. But we are called frequently to judge another person's "fruit" in the present.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
the trouble is we are human and make the same mistakes as

every one else

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Be not deceived, but before salvation comes, the falling away must occur. You have an incredible sign right before you, yet those with eyes are still blinded.

Earthquake 7.0 Christchurch, NZ

September 11, 2010

[edit on 7-9-2010 by ben91069]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
You're never supposed to judge a person's eternal destiny. But we are called frequently to judge another person's "fruit" in the present.

How do you think that is best accomplished without pushing the person further from God?

I used to argue like a mad man when it comes to Christianity. One day I thought it was possible my attitude could be pushing people further away. I think we need to share the faith but in a way that lets them see the virtue of it in our own actions. That speaks loudest doesn't it?

Anyway I just don't want to do harm.

[edit on 9/7/2010 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

We are being called as if the prophecies are being fulfilled.Time is short. Now is the time to draw the line in the sand.There is only one true God and one true Church. And only one way to salvation.If you are not on this train , you will be left behind and face eternal condemnation.Diligently seek God.This is the God of the OT and NT. There is no other. Have a very nice day

[edit on 7-9-2010 by oliveoil]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

You have to stop thinking you have a say so in a person's rejection of the gospel. The Bible says "salvation is of the Lord." Meaning God saves people He chooses to, not us. We are only called to speak the truth. Sometimes speaking the truth in love is seen as "being mean" by those living in sin. It's not necessarily that we are mean, but the truth of God's Word is met with hostility because they are hostile to God.

Now with that said, we are to always be kind to the sheep and to the unbelievers, but the Word has extremely harsh words to say about the false teachers and the wolves. They are to be rebuked with swiftness.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Put your best suit on. The kingdom of God is at hand. (war!!) This war is not against our fellow man, But the devil himself. I am going to use all means possible to destroy him. Im with you NoturTypical.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

I'm ready for war. But don't forget, we have a marriage supper to attend first!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
How do you think that is best accomplished without pushing the person further from God?

KingLizard, people will not be puhed from God unles they want too. People are smart enough to realize God preaches love and not allow certain judgements rattle them/

I used to be godless. I heard people say if you do this you will end up in hell. I never got pushed away or allowed it to push me away. I always wanted to hear the truth not what fits my lifestyle. I was always open minded.

people who allow alittle what seems to be meanness to push them away truly imo has no backbone.

my opinion anyways.

God bless kinglizard haven't seen you in a while.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
KingLizard, people will not be puhed from God unles they want too. People are smart enough to realize God preaches love and not allow certain judgements rattle them/

Hey JT! It's good to see you...and good to be back. I had a health issue that rocked me to the bone, I kinda left the site, became a member again and attempted to get things under control. But that's behind me now so I can enjoy the site again.

I know God preaches love but I worry about how and when we preach....casting pearls and all that jazz. I know forceful teachings in a Catholic Parochial school pushed me away, but maybe like you say I wanted to be pushed away. Hard to say now.

I think we should share our faith and the good book every time we get the chance but I'm not so sure about arguing over scripture. I really think it best to share it and not drag it through the mud so to speak.

Any thoughts on that guys?

Blessings...

[edit on 9/8/2010 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You have to stop thinking you have a say so in a person's rejection of the gospel.

That's a great point...thanks for that.

Really it's the condemning of a person and the dragging the bible through the mud that I'm concerned with.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by digby888
the trouble is we are human and make the same mistakes as

every one else

Jesus replied, "Your mistake is that you don't know the Scriptures, and you don't know the power of God." -Matthew 22:29

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

So, basically you're saying that every goes to heaven regardless of what they believe.. right? But it can't be both ways. Either the bible is wrong or it is right.

John 14:6 - NLT
6 Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

Just because it's not politically correct, that doesn't mean it isn't right. I agree that we shouldn't condemn people, but Christ ordered us to preach the gospel and this is it. :/
edit on 2-11-2010 by RapturedNotBeamed because: (no reason given)

Just wanted to mention: Really well said, NOTurTypical.
edit on 2-11-2010 by RapturedNotBeamed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RapturedNotBeamed

Thank you RNB, but it's not I who speaks, but the Spirit of the living God within me. I appreciate your kind words, God bless you.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

You have to stop thinking you have a say so in a person's rejection of the gospel.

That's a great point...thanks for that.

Really it's the condemning of a person and the dragging the bible through the mud that I'm concerned with.

We are told to contend vigorously for the faith though. And the worst culprits who drag the Word through the mud are the wolves in sheep's clothing. We are to love the sheep and the unsaved, but are to sternly rebuke the wolves. Those who claim to be Christians, yet teach and preach heresies.

"You can never be too gentle with the sheep, and you can never be to harsh with the wolves." Martin Luther

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I don't know exactly why my words are being extrapolated into these different things. I never said Jesus wasn't the only way to salvation, we should not share our faith or that we should not defend our beliefs.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

kinglizard,

I too was condemmed by the Christian brothers of the denominational church I once was in. But I find mans condemnation isn't what counts, so I turned to being a home churcher. I did not give up my faith though, that has grown greatly since I was forced out. It isn't membership in a worldly church that awards salvation. I think I sense from what you wrote that you are decided against any affiliation even with Christianity outside of the visible church. I just want to let you know I find the true church not to be any denomination but those who follow Christ and His Word. I don't condemn you and no one. I just find the invisible church to be the way with Him.

Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by truthiron

What happened? Why did they condemn you?

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

NOTurTypical,

It was the hierachy some of us were up against, bringing in the occult was one of the first and then later more going back on certain issues rather than going into continued reform. A watered down salvation theology came in that saved in sin must be because it was taught no one can stop sinning. One pastor even prayed "save us in our sin as we cannot stop sinning". Home churches then began to come out all over America and mybe the world and three stated from our denomination church and I became part in one of them. This is happening all over now from all walks of Protestant denominations and we had one in ours had been of the one protestantism came out of. One of the latest false theologies is "Theistic Evolution" making the creation an undetermined amout of time instead of the seven solar days Yahshua laid out the creation and rested the seventh. I had left the denomination by that time but I believe it had already been in some.

The main point being, it is not the "church" of man that is our salvation. True church is had when He is in the midst. To have Him in our midst error cannot be taught as you know Jn. 4:24 tells us, last part, "must worship him in spirit and in truth". "Must" is the clincher.

I notice other home churchers here on ATS. Home church is great as more is covered and each has the opportunity to put in and more is learned in less time. None should attempt to put out a message over 20 minutes as most cannot bear more than that at a time. I've learned to keep it short and then have discussion.

I encourage Home Churches and in the book of Acts one can see it back then.

Truthiron.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join