It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Nuclear terror 'matter of time'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
During a US conference hosted by the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, the head of the UN's nuclear watchdog, Mohammed ElBaradei, has warned of a "race against time" to stop terrorists procuring nuclear materials. Furthermore during a meeting with United States Secretary of State Colin Powell he said the question of the North Korean nuclear programme continued to be one of the most dangerous and challenging facing the international community.

We are actually having a race against time which I don't think we can afford - Mohammed ElBaradei

BBC News

He endorsed the influential think tank's new arms control plan.

Under the plan, major nuclear powers would be expected to make concessions in the interests of global security.

The IAEA director warned there was a real danger of uranium or plutonium falling into the wrong hands.

"We are actually having a race against time which I don't think we can afford," he said.

"The danger is so imminent... not only with regard to countries acquiring nuclear weapons but also terrorists getting their hands on some of these nuclear materials, uranium or plutonium.

"So the sooner that we start, the better for everybody involved."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Related News And Information
Iran Will Announce Uranium Details
IAEA Resolution Puts Iran on Notice, Says Powell
WMD: DPRK
WMD: Iran

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Excellent post

I am still abit worried about the North Korea problem, if war broke about between North Korea and America, we could see a nuclear War. I have a funny feeling that terrorists probably do have nuclear material in their hands, only a matter of time before they use it.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I eard that pakistan, the most crazy of the midd east countries, have the bomb thanks to Saoudi money they gave them. But Saoudi is under control of Bush (oil-weapon-church-politic...) lobby. Bush familly is also a great friend of Saoudi chefs till a very long time they trade with them.

So the nuclear bomb will come from Bush lobby and kill arabs or/and Israel or maybe europ (to make them war arabs) in order Bush church kill Islam and all other religions but roman, so they will accomplish what they say : the world have to become roman in order we don't go to hell...

But Bushs are not Roman at all, as they kill and love wars! Think to Prescott Bush, the grand father, that was Hitler Banker!!?!???!

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I have thought for quite a while now (since the end of the Cold War) that we were headed toward the day when the Nuclear Djini escapes the bottle once again. The only real surprise here is that it hasn't happened yet.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
SURE, JUST ASK THE ISRAELIS!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join