It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You A Lukewarm Christian ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'm a Christian and at times I can be Lukewarm, embarrassed to say. I know I can do better and it's threads like these that make be consider my attitude, thank you.

What is surprising is during my Near Death Experience I had the same faults though when I called on Jesus he opened his arms and God's light shown through my soul. He cradled me in his arms like a precious little jewel even though compared to Christ I was a muddy little stone.

[edit on 9/7/2010 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Hey no problem i'm sure god is on your side . Don't give up .

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Beautiful Post!! Beautifully written!! What more can I say? This brought me to tears!! Hallelujah!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

Thank you. The only way we (christians) can avoid lukewarm is to have a real personal relationship with God. I just think that many who call themselves Christian look at God as an idea that doesn't intereact in our daily lives.

In my opinion, the worst situation of Lukewarm is using Gods name to justify sin, such as:

I divorced my spouse for another because I felt it was God's will. (I've actually heard someone say that) It's absolutely 'jaw-dropping'.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nlouise

Yeah that is dumb , it's like killing someone and saying god told you to do it .

Yea people will believe you then lol . Your Welcome .

[edit on 7-9-2010 by PS3Geek]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

Before Jesus died and ascended into heaven He gave us some very simple instructions and commandments. He told us to go into the whole world and preach the Gospel unto all the nations and to make disciples to baptize and heal all the sick. These are the things Jesus wanted his disciples to do. If we dont do these things then we can not call ourselves christians (disciples of Christ) because that would be a lie. It is time for us to be about the Fathers business.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
These days everybody is a lukewarm christian, the bible standard is just too high for modern times. I'll give you an example: premarital sex, everybody does it and consider it okay, but it is of course fornication, which is forbidden by the bible.

Really? Everyone? I broke up with a girl I was dating for almost 4 years by telling her I could no longer fornicate with her and serve the Lord Jesus Christ.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by I Want To Believe

Very much agree with this . Now its about being fancy and looking good for others and the church ( lukewarm christians ) .

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PS3Geek

Geek,
Lukewarm Christians, Why are so many lukewarm? First they are being decieved like Eve was by a false gospel and man's theology. They need to realize the worldly church is not the Saviour. They need to realize the true Christian will only adhere to His Word, the Truth and that is what He says He is. Church is constituted by those gathered in His name and He is present among them. Jn. 4:24 he tells us He MUST be worshiped in Spirit and in Truth. He will not be in their midst if error is being taught and that is the big problem today. To follow Him and Him only one must not recieve any theology but His Word omly. Theology is man's own cobbling, which makes a structure but not church as church constitutes His presence among them. An example of theology is "Theistic Evolution".and that teaches the literal days of creation were not a literal solar day. A true Christian or pastor will not be a part of such but that theology is in the "creed" of some denominations.

True ones of Him let's get back to following Him by following only His Word and you may and probably will need to "Homechurch". Step out with Him and you will not be alone, you will be in the majority even though the world hasn't joined in. There now is a famine in the land for the true Saving Gospel and all Truth.

Let us all wake up to the Truth especeally of Salvation

Iron out all the wrinkles with the Truth.

Truthiron

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
^^^ Agreed .

Second line ---

top topics

<< 1   >>

join