It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid Strikes Colombia - Western Media Buries It!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Please read my post on Meteor Crater in Arizona. Lots of space rocks come close. An asteroid impact is not necessarily a world wide catastrophe. It could be local as in the crater in Arizona.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

The Colombian Air Force reported a missing aircraft with 6 people aboard. It was last seen flying over Cundinamarca....

Something is very wrong here. Im starting to think this is roswell all over again. People seeing and hearing things, conflicting statements, military saying nothing happened.

Why Colombia though thats my question.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Oh yeah. This is Roswell all over again.

It's a bunch of kooks tossing together a salad of unfounded claims.

Here is what we do know:
1. Not an asteroid
2. No impact
3. Not buried by the media
4. Not an unusual occurrence

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

EDIT: I finally found the source and it is from September 8th. So, how are you trying to connect a plane crash from yesterday with a meteor on Sunday? Plane crashes aren't that rare of an occurrence in Colombia. In fact they had a pretty major one last month.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by stereologist

Whats best the reflective or refractive telescopes if I want to see nibiru?

[edit on 8-9-2010 by rajaten]

Just type the words, astronomy forum into google.
I'm sure that you can get all kinds of advice there.
There are plenty of arguments for both.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

A refractor will not work for rajaten because they want to see extremely dim objects. I do think that your advice is good. After that they need to get a hands on experience to see if this is really what is appropriate.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Asteroids have been as close to us as the moon? I never would have believed that. I must research this. This increases the odds of us being hit by one. An asteroid is big enough to take out all life on my big blue spaceship called Earth. I'm spending all my money before they hit.

While there is no formal definition of "asteroid," it's traditionally been used to describe objects that are larger than 10 meters across. A 10 meter object is not enough to "take out all life." It's enough to do a little localized damage. In fact, depending on the makeup and velocity of the object, nothing may actually hit the surface of the planet. Such objects hit the Earth, on average, every decade.

If you want to play around with various impact scenarios, check out the Earth Impact Effects Program.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

Originally posted by earthdude
Asteroids have been as close to us as the moon? I never would have believed that. I must research this. This increases the odds of us being hit by one. An asteroid is big enough to take out all life on my big blue spaceship called Earth. I'm spending all my money before they hit.

While there is no formal definition of "asteroid," it's traditionally been used to describe objects that are larger than 10 meters across. A 10 meter object is not enough to "take out all life." It's enough to do a little localized damage. In fact, depending on the makeup and velocity of the object, nothing may actually hit the surface of the planet. Such objects hit the Earth, on average, every decade.

If you want to play around with various impact scenarios, check out the Earth Impact Effects Program.

Thanks, I thought an asteroid was bigger, like several hundred meters. Damm, I should not have spent all my money last night on a diamond covered sportscar. There is a half mile crater about 10 miles from El Paso, TX. I think the meteorite was about two feet in diameter when it hit. I bet it was like a nuclear blast, 100,000 years ago.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Are you sure the crater near El Paso is not a volcanic feature? I have been to the meteor crater near Odessa, but that's not close to El Paso.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Are you sure the crater near El Paso is not a volcanic feature? I have been to the meteor crater near Odessa, but that's not close to El Paso.
Yeah, there are only two meteor craters of any significance in Texas: The Odessa crater and the Sierra Madera crater. Both are around a four and half hour drive from El Paso. But that might be considered close in West Texas.

The craters right around El Paso are indeed volcanic.

edit on 11-9-2010 by nataylor because: Fixed link formating

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
MSM sure got the fireball that passed near San Diego.

Boy, these fireballs are sure becoming common as of late.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

With several thousand fireballs a day on Earth it sure is nice to see that people are noticing. Becoming more common - not at all. It just is a matter of looking up and taking the time to enjoy the view.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

sure stereo sure keeping thinking like that.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

The one liner kid and the pointless posts.

Again you fly in the face of factual evidence that I have repeatedly posted. I guess some people require more repetition than others to learn a few basic facts.

The number of fireballs is in the thousands per day. The number is not changing and has not changed.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Let's get back on track, and Stop the personal sniping, Please.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I have taken a lot of heat about being hard hitting on the rabbits hole. It has been about a week since the fireball event in Colombia. The rabbits hole continues to report that there was an impact. They still claim there is a crater 100m across.

What is very clear is that there is no crater. Nothing impacted the Earth.

This is the reason I have been tough on that site. It is often used as a source of evidence by members of ATS. It is clearly not a truthful site. How can anyone trust anything on that site when they so willingly report a falsehood on a recent event? I hope that people here see that the rabbits hole is not a site where information should be read. It simply is not possible to have trust in anything posted at that site.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor

Originally posted by stereologist

Yeah, there are only two meteor craters of any significance in Texas: The Odessa crater and the Sierra Madera crater. Both are around a four and half hour drive from El Paso. But that might be considered close in West Texas.

The craters right around El Paso are indeed volcanic.

edit on 11-9-2010 by nataylor because: Fixed link formating

Arrrrgh, I was wrong again. Kilbourns hole is a volcanic feature, not an impact crater. Funny how you are told things as a child and find they were wrong.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

No problem. The important thing is learning. I have found out that things I was told were wrong as well. Keeping an mind is important in learning. The El Paso area and the Glass Mtn to the east have some interesting geology to see. Enjoy.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join