It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experienced web designer here...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd let you know that I make websites for a living, and can help a bit when I got some time.

My website address is Accend Web Solutions if anybody wants to check me out first.

Didnt realise this was here.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Do you know anything about e-fulfillment, php, zen cart and or SOAP / web services. Or connecting up Zen Cart to a cvs / mdb data feed for an e-fulfillment site I am trying to write?

It's got me as confused as this guy

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Umm, I've worked on a zen cart site before, they are a bit tricky, and not the best systems really, as they seemed very strict.

I have got a bit of PHP knowledge too.

I could try and help, but I think what your looking for might be a bit out of my knowledge.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the post! I'm also in web design & development, and fairly new at code. I might have to hit you up for help with some PHP.

Love your Little Acorns site! I noticed you do CMS sites, do you have a preferred system?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Hi,

Thanks for that, the Little Acorns Site is actually my wife's.

I made it for her about 5 years ago, she can earn a living whilst working from home, whilst she brought our two children up.

Its gone quite well, needs more investment though in more popular toys, but for now its just right.

The CMS's I used for that system is called CandyPress.

I used one of their previous versions, and its been great in honesty, but the reason I choose it was because it was in ASP, and I do a lot of SEO work, so it was very easy to work on and change to the way I wanted it to work.

The other ecommerce site I did, used that too.

Nice to have met you.

I'll put you down as one of my friends.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Re the CMS question (even though it wasn't directed at me)

If your not looking specifically for an e-commerce site then you might consider Joomla. It's got a big community of developers that make all sorts of add on modules and you can get it to do lot's of cool stuff i.e. user upload areas for videos and things, web 2.0 features like rating articles with stars (much like here). Tag clouds etc etc

The e-commerce modules available for it are a bit rubbish at the moment though.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Yes Joomla has been on my radar for a while in honesty, I was hoping my brother was going to ask me to do his website and then I had a project to use it for. I bought the book too.

It does look very good, and the community is the key to it.

If the ecommerce side of it improved, i would probably move to that instead.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by multichild

gday I really want to learn how to make web sites and maybe one day be a web designer got any tips to start out? what to learn what to read thanks

new topics

top topics

join