It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I think the real limit is two hours.

Edit: yes, it now says that I have 119 minutes to edit this post.

edit on 29/1/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ok.
Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Kewl, I like it ... it's basically quality in relation to one's contribution level.

If that's the case It must be a physical imput from above, and therefore subjective and not very nice. At least it clears something up...I think.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It would seem some of the friend list functionality isn't working exactly as it's supposed to. For instance, laymanskeptic added my user profile as a friend and it shows up in his profile list. However it doesn't populate in to the friend's lists. Perhaps this is something that gets updated based on some sort of cron job that's run every other day?
edit on 10-2-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Will there ever be a "Sports Conspiracies" forum? I think that would be great.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I can't seem to get the "chat feature working". Sometimes it says that I don't have the flash plugin and other times the screen just stays gray. Is it like that for everyone or is there something wrong with my computer?

--airspoon

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Which browser and operating system do you use?

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Test

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I understand it may cause some friction for those who were accustomed to negating the input of certain members

This is a major oversight. I don't ignore people to ignore their input. I use ignores because I am tired of seeing obnoxiously distracting animated avatars. They are still being used in backgrounds, and now, I can't ignore those people.

Take this for instance. Do I have to hit ESC every time I see this? I'd rather just turn all avatars off which would be a shame.

You have gotten on your high horse over this ignore feature without understanding the utility it has to different members. Thanks for imposing your opinions on us.

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

edit on 4-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: nvm. answered

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
I understand it may cause some friction for those who were accustomed to negating the input of certain members

This is a major oversight. I don't ignore people to ignore their input. I use ignores because I am tired of seeing obnoxiously distracting animated avatars. They are still being used in backgrounds, and now, I can't ignore those people.

Take this for instance. Do I have to hit ESC every time I see this? I'd rather just turn all avatars off which would be a shame.

You have gotten on your high horse over this ignore feature without understanding the utility it has to different members. Thanks for imposing your opinions on us.

This is to give you a virtual * for your post since an actual one is impossible on this forum. I was disappointed to learn that the esc key does not stop the animated avatars on my new computer! ugh! If anyone has any other method that works I'd be happy to hear it. thanks all.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
I don't ignore people to ignore their input. I use ignores because I am tired of seeing obnoxiously distracting animated avatars.

You have gotten on your high horse over this ignore feature without understanding the utility it has to different members.

Speaking of "getting on a high horse," perhaps you've not noticed that it was announced in this thread that all you need do is go to your account settings where you'll find an option to negate all avatars and backgrounds.

Problem solved?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

In Opera you can block any file you want, so you can selectively block avatars.

If you look at the image below you can see that the "lol" icon is missing, because I added it to the blocked content list.

I don't know if other browsers have this capability, either in them or through a plug-in or add-on.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I'm really curious about what happened between you and that lol icon that was worth blocking it for.

Thanks I didn't knew about that ption yet

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Like my post said turning all avatars off would be a shame. I do not want to do that. I still think the block function had a multitude of uses which you have falsely interpretted to justify the removal of it.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

cool, I get it now! thanks.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Would be great tho .. if i were able to 'remove a star', for posts that have destructive or hate filled intent ... or are just downright stupid ..

For example ... someone suggested in a thread, how we should just burn the royal family to death
This person refused to see sense ...

But this person got many stars .. form all the other little hate filled boys .. and at no point .. were any of the wiser people able to remove any of these stars ... giving the appearance, this person had just written many informative posts , appreciated by many people ... yes ... all the wee racists ..

I checked his profile out ... seems he had quite a following of racist school boys .. and was creating his own little hatred community right here in ATS ....

No one able to remove stars or flags to balance the overall perception of what he has to offer

Just my opinion .. as you say .. maybe it all works out in the bigger picture anyway

But sadly .. it would help me deal with my utter disappointment at the racists posts . if i were able to akcowledge my disappointment by removing one of the racists stars and/or flags

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hi,

Is it just me or did SkepticOverlord just out of the post?

Thanks,

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
This is a quirk that makes no sense to me. In my subscribed threads list, when I click on the name of the last poster of a thread the thread opens in a new tab. Great! If I click on the thread title, the thread opens in the current page, replacing the contents with the thread info. Not so great.

Why does it do this? Wouldn't it be preferable to have everything always open in a new tab? I use FF. Is it something at my end?

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I have read the thread...why no access to chat?

ETA - NEVER MIND...FIGURED IT OUT...
edit on 28-8-2012 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71 >>

join