It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by stasis
No, not just you. Same here. Plus it says I have 9 friends. However, I have no friends.

Maybe they were just trying to make you feel better.
On second thought, I can see how that would actually make you feel worse.

Maybe instead you should look on the bright side, friends can be trouble.
Maybe soon you'll make a real friend and won't feel like they are blowing smoke.
I say that at the risk of sounding like I'm blowing smoke.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
One thing I'd really like to see added is the ability for non-members to use the mem flag. For example,

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=SkepticOverlord
In the example given above, it makes it much more convenient to track a users posts and find their last comment. It also has the added plus of allowing members to point out their own posts to people who might not be site members yet.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

So, is this all there is or are there still more changes in the works?

BTW, ATS mobile is still down, is there any timetable for when we can expect it to come back online? What kind of changes can we expect to see there?

Edit to add:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33cdef6439dd.jpg[/atsimg]

I STILL want the BTS smiley buttons back!
edit on 12/7/10 by FortAnthem because:
:w:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I've noticed in the "Posts by Member" screen clicking a link to a post that's on the last page of a thread redirects to the current page + 1. So for instance this link ( www.abovetopsecret. com/forum/thread609751/atpost9549487 [link] ) should lead to the last post on pg3 ( www.abovetopsecret. com/forum/thread609751/pg3#pid9549487 [link] ). However it actually leads to pg 4.
edit on 11-12-2010 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I doubt this is a 2010 issue, but I notice that mid-day, when most of America is on it's lunch break, this site slows to a crawl. Whats with that? Is everyone surfing here now during their lunch?? Its amounting almost to a ddos.

My paranoia keeps thinking its slowing down because whatever I say here is getting more monitored

Or am I right??

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Has the "Friends" indicator - (the green tinge) - disappeared, or is it just me?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Has the "Friends" indicator - (the green tinge) - disappeared, or is it just me?

Looks like it has disappeared, hope they bring it back soon, forgetting who my friends are, well some of them, they are still on my profile though.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I hope it is, it was annoying!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Yes, well - I do think the green bar over the avatar was much better than the green tinge in the post box.

Just wanted to make sure I didn't upset something on my laptop, I'm prone to breaking it...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Oh, I misunderstood, I was referring to the popup that you had to remove everyday that updated you on number of post ect. I don't recall seeing it today. I hope its gone.

The green friend bar was cool!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I noticed my custom title lines messed up after the upgrade, and I can use only one long line now, instead of two lines, each formated to begin on the next line as before. Or am I doing something wrong?

Also, the commas wont show up in the signature or custom title, instead of them there is simply space.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I see a lot of questions and absolutely NO ANSWERS.

Did the ownership of this site and the Mods abandon this thread?

Maybe they're too busy working on ATS 2011.

BTW, for anyone who's interested, ATS mobile is back up. I didn't notice any changes after they took all those weeks off to upgrade it.

Oh yeah, I still want my BTS smiley buttons back.

:bnghd:
:w:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

You know, it would be cool if there were buttons for the BTS smileys.

But
ing at the Staff isn't a very polite way to ask for them is it?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

You're not implying that the staff is a bunch of drunks are you?

Then again, that would explain so much.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
You're not implying that the staff is a bunch of drunks are you?

Huh? What does that have to do with
?

NVM I get it now

And no I wasn't implying that, but now that you mention it, I'm sure the stress must get to them every once in a while too, you know?
edit on 21-12-2010 by cupocoffee because: (no reason given)

Dae

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I briefly logged back into ATS about 2 months ago and was aghast at the changes, my "go light" was gone, the site is laggy - scrolling down makes everything jump about, which seems to induce brain ache for me. Someone asked me last week in the pub where I hang out online and for the first time I felt embarrassed to say ATS.

What happened to fast loading easy to read pages being the number 1 priority for an enjoyable forum?

Oh well, being a human has trumped my desire to read ATS.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
What happened to fast loading easy to read pages being the number 1 priority for an enjoyable forum?

The actual weight (cumulative file size) of all our pages has been reduced by about 35%, sometimes more... so the site should seem more efficient.

Additionally, based on the traffic metrics, the redesign is a success as daily and weekly traffic are "through the roof." We successively broken five weekly traffic records since the redesign, the most-recent just last week with more than 1.3 million visits and 5 million pages viewed. And within that "pages viewed" tally, a much higher percentage of thread pages are being viewed than before the redesign.

I'm sorry you seem to be having difficulty, but the large trend shows that the redesign has been a significant success -- and believe me when I say, if the numbers came in differently, we'd be reverting back to the old design.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

One question for you sir. Is the ATS re-design complete or can we still expect more ?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

You don't actually expect an answer to that, do you?

This thread isn't about addressing members concerns and questions about the ATS 2010 redesign, its about SO tooting his own horn about how awesome his redesign is and how much traffic its brought to his wonderful site. The only time SO bothers to show up anymore is when some fool has the temerity to criticize his awesomeness and say they don't like the new site changes. Then he rushes in with a big time slap down and a long winded speech about how ATS has grown by leaps and bounds thanks to his brilliant design changes.

BRING THE SMILEY BUTTONS BACK!!! :bnghd: :w:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yeah but I already said I loved it ... multiple times.

it just took a while since the last change.

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join