It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I dont know where to post this----- but ATS mobile has been offline all weekend!!!! What is going on???

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
ATS Mobile is offline for some needed upgrades.
edit on 15-11-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
A suggestion:

You should have a tab/option/button/whatever that takes you to the first new post in threads that we are reading or participating in.

Especially helpful when we haven't visited in a few days and there are several new pages, and we can't remember which page we last viewed.

Most forums have this feature. Why not here?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Joey Canoli

I like your idea. It would be the digital equivalent of what in analogue life we know as a "bookmark". God knows some these threads grow faster than they can be read in real time.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joey Canoli
Most forums have this feature. Why not here?

Most forums don't have to deal with the combined problem of a 40+ gigabyte database and upwards of 200,000 daily visits.

Much of what some would consider "missing features" when comparing ATS to contemporary discussion board systems is directly related to our difficult-to-manage size and traffic (so far this year, over 1 million distinct and unique content URLs have been accessed by the more than 45 million visitors to ATS).

However, it is a feature that's constantly on the "to-do" list, it's just that our implementation would need to be different than how it's typically accomplished... making it difficult to design.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

One way you can do this is to use the "bookmark/favorites" feature of your browser.Before you log off simply add the page you are viewing to your bookmarks and you'll have it for the next time you come to the site.

Springer...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

One way you can do this is to use the "bookmark/favorites" feature of your browser.Before you log off simply add the page you are viewing to your bookmarks and you'll have it for the next time you come to the site.

Springer...

Of course.

But I'm trying to avoid having a crapload of these.

SO's explanation makes sense.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I have a little notepad and write down the page number and name of thread if I want to go back, if I posted in the thread I go to my profile and click on my post and it brings it up where I left off, that works for me.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I created a folder for the bookmarks and just delete them after I'm done with them. It's a couple of extra steps but it solves the issue until we can get an onsite solution.

Springer...

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Maybe it's just me, as I have seen nothing posted about this, but the sidebar links are worthless. Here's what I get when I click Current Threads:

I know I need glasses but that's just ridiculous. Totally unreadable.

Is anyone else having this problem?

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Nope. I just tried it and the new thread info appeared in a large pop-up box that blocked most, but not all, of this thread. The box had a "close" button which got rid of the box, and this thread was visible again.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Yeah, it used to be black background and now it's not. Not much good as it is.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

What browser and operating system do you have? I see it as it should in Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox, Chrome and Safari for Windows.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm posting this comment here because the ignore feature issue has been addressed in this thread.

Some call it personal weakness to need it. Some say it is an effort to get people to consider opinions that they may not otherwise even look at to not have it.

I consider it *saving your precious time* to filter out the mild form of accepted trolling that is meant to be subtly offensive on a psuedo-psychological level... to be able to get to more honestly presented facts or theories, or posts where people are just having fun and goofing off if that's what they want to read. If you perceive that people are "acting" in their posts and it makes you think reading their posts are a corrosive waste of time, it's no longer a matter of offense. It's a matter of the efficacy (in efficiency) of members exploring what THEY want to explore on the site, not what others want to inject into THEM.

If I think someone is just pushing buttons I don't want to talk to them and I don't want them talking to me because I could be doing/reading other things. I suppose I will start having to keep a list until it all just becomes too much obvious creative writing meant to get reactions. The LAST thing I want to do is waste my time on button pushers.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Hello,

I had a member ask me a question and I don't know the answer so I though I would ask it here ...

How does one purchase access to RATS in the 2010 layout?
There's no more 'store' that I can find ... for a while it was available by clicking the 'background image' linkie in the Media ATS but that doesn't work any more, so I don't know how to do that now.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before, I just couldn't find what is bound to be a a simple answer.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

One need not "purchase" RATS access anymore. The "cost" is now simply achieving 200 total posts.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ah ok ... thanks for the quick answer.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Firefox and Vista(unfortunately).

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
That little pop up that comes up every day that tells you how many posts/threads blah blah have been posted is VERY annoying. I never read it and I have to close it out evry 24 hours, but wait, I have to do it twice because its always on the very next page I click on. So I have to close it twice.

Very very ANNOYING!!!

But, maybe its just me..

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
No, not just you. Same here. Plus it says I have 9 friends. However, I have no friends.

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join