Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I just wanted to note how well the site is functioning these days
All performance data is trending up since early September.
Average pages-per-visit are up, especially when considering only pages with content (threads).
Average time on site is also up, rather significantly.
Abandonment of the site home (users who hit the page, then click nothing) is dramatically down, and below 10% for first-time visitors.
Utilization of the top-topics, hot-topics, and new-topics pages are up dramatically, over 300% in some cases.
The improved (more efficient, smaller, etc.) HTML has increased the Google index to over 750,000 distinct pages (was under 500,000 for ATS and 50,000
for BTS before the redesign).
Daily traffic is also trending up nicely, with Quantcast dropping from just over 2,000 to 1,842 in the period after the redesign started.
Informal feedback from forum operators (from a site specific to forum admins we frequent) is mixed, as people most-familiar with a traditional
forum/board layout (vBulliten, phpBB, IPboard, etc.) tend to be initially confused.
However... similarly informal feedback from Internet industry pros (I belong to Internet Oldtimers) is unanimously positive as a big "step forward"
for a user-friendly approach to text-based UGC... especially for those who rarely if ever visit a traditionally structure forum.
Still to come:
1) New log-in page with user-defined session management. (soon)
2) A new "zeitgeist" page (soon)
3) Granular site search (we're actually hiring a firm to roll-out a custom solution) (2-3 months)
3) A suite of new features based on the custom search (3-4 months)
4) Apps for Android and iOS to provide a unique look at ATS content, and full access to all site features for logged-in members (3-4 months)
5) More video productions focused on ATS content (ongoing)