It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

It is amazing watching a super-massive digital ego crash and burn.

Of course, its all about you, and we all know that, you know us, the silent majority that actually appreciate the efforts of this site staff and tech guy.

Don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out, and happy surfing elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I feel it is appropriate to apologize for my recent posts in this thread. It clearly states above:

"This is not a place to post complaints."

I will refrain from further comment on the issue but let it be stated that my opinion remains as it is!!

@Fractured.Facade

Wow, you couldn't have missed the point of this little discussion any worse. That does not mean your opinion is not appreciated. Thank you.

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
I really am a goal striver. Which means that when you need a number of whatever to reach a certain level, title or whatever that shows you did... I'm feeling butterflies from excitement each time this new goal gets close and I tend to work harder to achieve this new goal.

Not because I like people to see it, Which I still enjoy... Don't get me wrong.

I simply really need something to go for.

Like riding a car when you just got your liscence. I know people that spend hours on the road just for the love of it,
NOT ME ! I need a place to go a reason. Or I will not step in my car at all.

Please give us back the titles, bars, status symbols.... ?

I agree with you SK.

I like the new Karma indicator and all, but the Bronze/Silver/Gold medals were still the best ever.

They gave new people a clear goal to strive for, and once they achieved it, it was something they could wear with pride. Like earning your stripes in the military, or earning a black belt in karate, or whatever.

What's our goal now? To hit W1?

Don't really like the WATS indicator, and especially hate the 0.01 thing. Heck, why not add a few more decimal places, so new people can start at 0.00001? That way we can REALLY humiliate the newbs!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I see you changing all the background box shades to make sure that folks can't hide their stats with their background color choice.

???

Jumping to assumptions is humorous to observe on occasion.

I had no idea that was happening. What I had noticed that, against some light backgrounds, the green text was hard to see, so I simply dropped in a 50% opaque black to make it easier.

(sheesh)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Karma, encouraging quality over quantity, good stuff. Hopefully it effects the forums in a positive way, with more high quality discussions.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Lol... I wondered what was going on. I couldn't see anything different on my background, but noticed it on others.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

LOL.. that's what I figured you were doing there as well. Good choice, I though. and less intrusive than a big black bar... I don't care much about the numbers, but I like looking at the avatars.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

If you have Firefox (I don't know about other browsers), you can use Tools, Options, Colors to populate the colors to your specification.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I quick view of any posters stats now lets you see what type of poster they are.
It seems that if you are a prolific posters and never get any stars your "K" rating will never rise, or if it was high and suddenly everybody stops staring your posts, it will drop. The "W" and "K" rating sort of determine the quality of poster you are at a quick glance.

Just a question what do ATS points actually do for us now?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I'm saving my ATS points up for a new Foil-hat and bath slippers set for X-mas.

ETA, Just save them up for TSHTF scenario. You know it's coming. If you have enough you'll earn a seat on the ATS ARK.

edit on 27-10-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

At the moment, nothing.

However, an event/game/sponsorship/thing is in early development in which points will play a role, including a function to transfer some of your points to another member. Stay tuned.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

At the moment, nothing.

However, an event/game/sponsorship/thing is in early development in which points will play a role, including a function to transfer some of your points to another member. Stay tuned.

I used 500 of my points yesterday to buy a month in Really Above Top Secret, they do have some use..

Sounds good S.O.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Actually that sounds like a great idea. ATS members possibly giving some of their points to other members for a great thread or post?

ETA: I wouldnt mind being able to award another member some of my points 250, 500 or 1000 points.
That would be more than some of the mods give out...

edit on 27-10-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Sorry if this taking the current discussion of at a tangent...

But why is when I upload an image at the correct dimensions for the mini profile the image is chopped off on my actual posts?

Korg.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Because you have no transparent "avatar" defining a blank space in your mini-profile.

You can use mine if you like:
http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf02e0667441.gif
Just copy that URL, and paste it into the avatar field in your tools/account control panel.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Because you have no transparent "avatar" defining a blank space in your mini-profile.

You can use mine if you like:
http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf02e0667441.gif
Just copy that URL, and paste it into the avatar field in your tools/account control panel.

Awsome!!

Thanks Skeptic!!

Cheers,

Korg.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
ETA: nvm
you figured it out.

edit on 27-10-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Heads-up.

As alluded in my post on the new Karma number, the Way Above Top Secret index ("W") is being readjusted to more heavily-weight flags for thread-starters.

At some point today, your "W" numbers will be revised to reflect the new formula.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Interesting. Seems like those with really low WATS scores have gone up, and those with really high WATS scores have gone down?

Well, 4 looks a lot better than 0.18 anyway, thanks Captain!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

What's the new formula? I noticed my WATS dropped from 82 to 75 and many others went up.

new topics

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join