It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Very, very nice. Looks awesome.
edit on 15-10-2010 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Thanks SO, love the way you did it, what else to we have to look forward to, I love surpises. Thank you again for the work you have done and are still doing.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

You should now see it in the background of the actual post, not in the mini-profile.

ETA:
will we be getting the list of those who "friended or rivaled" us back, as well?
fingers crossed...
edit on 15-10-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Cool! I was reading the last few posts after SO's comments and I was wondering, "why are everybody's posts green?" lol.

I like it.

edit on 10/15/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
Also, I would like to see the lists of people who have friended and rivaled me back on my profile.

I second that, plz.

And I still want my BTS smileys back.

They're still there, dude. Don't worry. There's a page somewhere with the code for all of them, or you can save them and upload them to your pictures and use them from there.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Just happened across the new "one of your friends" format!!!!

SO you have truly outdone yourself here! Bravo! I literally felt like a kid on Christmas morning for a moment! Very visually appealing!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Originally posted by TheAssociate

Originally posted by FortAnthem
And I still want my BTS smileys back.

They're still there, dude. Don't worry. There's a page somewhere with the code for all of them, or you can save them and upload them to your pictures and use them from there.

-TheAssoc.

I once documented them all here:

Emoticons.

They all seem still available.
edit on 15-10-2010 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Just happened across the new "one of your friends" format!!!!

SO you have truly outdone yourself here! Bravo! I literally felt like a kid on Christmas morning for a moment! Very visually appealing!

~Heff

I second that. The gentle fade of green is appealing. I like it, a nice surpise. I like being able to differentiate visually who is not on my friends list yet, and who is one of my friends at a glance. Looks different, and may take some getting used to, but my initial response was that it looks nice.

Two "friends". is one to identify me being on their friends list, and one to identify them being on my friends list?

Thanks ATS Staff,
ET

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Ah, yes, the ATS bible for 'know how'. I thought everybody had that thread bookmarked. It's like a reference book with dog-eared pages.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Lately I haven't been around much due to being overwhelmed in work. But this place is getting better and better every time I get a chance to log in! Superb ! BRAVO !!!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Yeah, I have that page bookmarked on my computer to.

I just want the ability to put them in with the click of a button like we used to.

Having to go to that thread, look up the smiley I want and type it in myself is too much work sometimes.

We need the BTS smileys on the side again, where they belong

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Still ignoring me on the BTS smiley issue are you?

OK, you forced me to bring out the big guns.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5537f0d966ed.jpg[/atsimg]
Can we Please have our BTS smiley buttons back?

How can you say no to that face?

Edit to add:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33cdef6439dd.jpg[/atsimg]

Cuz you look like a dog person to me.
edit on 10/15/10 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

it was used by groups of members that would negatively classified any post from some members even before it had any answer ...

So, basically it was a tool for bullying. I am sure people aren't any different now than they ever were, its just that the internet has provided an easier opportunity for a particulary nasty human trait to be exposed. Disgusting. What a shame, but I do understand the issue.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Thank you for the heads up,I appreciate it.

Thanks to the behind the scenes guy as well...my subscribe button is finally showing again.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
. . . the now-defunct ATS store . . .

Why do we still have points?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

stars and flags and points and applauses are examples of the many different ways to show a member's contribution to ATS...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Yes, but the "contribution- demonstrating" value of points has been completely messed up by the fact that so many older members used up large numbers of them in purchases from the Store. This makes it meaningless to compare the points level of two members. ATS may as well go back to giving us something useful that we can do with points when they've been accumulated; otherwise nobody will see a value in collecting them, or fear losing them in penalties.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

The question was what they were for - that's all I answered.

Anything beyond that basic, surface answer is up to the individual to think about...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
redacted
edit on 17-10-2010 by justadood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It's a little hard to enjoy my vacation when I have to sign in and see all these pretty updates SO, I mean really, can you quit it with the awesomeness?!

Jokes aside, I agree that the 2010 layout is getting better and better, the friends/rival system so much better now, although I would like to see the list of people who have chosen me as a friend too.

~Keeper

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join