It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I just wanted to post my appreciation for the new site design. I think it looks GREAT and it's very cleaned up from the previous format. I'm really a bit surprized at all the complaints especially the ones dealing with the color scheme. I think SO has made the color scheme quite easy on the eyes, and really I wouldn't want it any other way! Who wants a BRIGHT a@@ message board??
Everything is easy to read, and the new "hot topic" side tabs are excellent.

The only thing I've noticed so far is that sometimes posts tend to get "jumbled" up in some threads. I'm sure it's prolly just a resolution issue and will be resolved during the whole process of this integration.

Good Job SO and the rest of ATS, I'm being honest and not kissing anyones butt. lol.

Edit to add that the "recent posts" page looks great. The early bugs have been fixed and it's been easy to adjust to. Much better than the previous "recent posts" page.

edit on 3-10-2010 by Wookiep because: to add

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
SO,

Don't know if this is anything that might effect functionality, but I found it odd. Just thought a heads up might be in order just in case.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I'll just ask the question again.

Originally posted by blupblup
I noticed the "One of your friends" green banner is gone?
The one used so you could see who your "Friends" are... Is this coming back or is there another way or is it all irrelevant?

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
is there any chance of getting the dark backround removed or a light one being added?

Its really bad for the eyes for me thats why i always used the light version

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
How can i change my favorite threads? Or is the feature not available yet?

Never mind. I figured it out. I am still getting used to the new layout.

edit on 10/3/2010 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I found this post from another post in board and questions.. so I will add what I added in my one post that wasnt supposed to be there in the 1st place..

Anyway I made a post and it said flagged or whatever after one flags a post.. this is how it looks..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a19c3c573d5.jpg[/atsimg]

I am using Mozilla FF current version..

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
A bug: If you go to Extended profile - Posts - In-thread posts list and click on "this post" link on one of the posts which is not on first page in a thread, the link will not work. Thats because the bolded pg number in the link is taken not from the original thread location, but from number of the page the post is located on in the "In-thread posts" list.

www.abovetopsecret.com...pg1#pid9673037

Try this post.

This effectivelly prevents you from quickly finding your specific post in a long thread if the pg numbers in the thread and in the list differ (which is almost always, unless the post is on the first page in a thread).

Also, the ATS chat does not work with Opera browser

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Anybody notice that the Alert button in threads in the Flag thingy at the top left does not work?

Just brings me to an error page, it's not even a proper 404...

Thoughts?

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

The thread shows flagged already because its one of your own threads and you cannot flag your own threads. That's why is shows the thread as flagged but there are no flags for the thread.

If you check, all of your own threads show up as already having been flagged by you even though you can't flag your own stuff.

edit on 10/3/10 by FortAnthem because: Does this even make any sense?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Am I experiencing deja-vu or have you posted that someplace else?
I feel I should ask, this being ATS and all....

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by OhZone

Could it be the contrast on your monitor? The flags are in giant green numbers at the top of the page, and the reply and quote highlight when moused over...
I can see them fine on my screen.

I can also see your name just fine in white letters.

edit on 10/1/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Ah yes, my name appears now. It did not on the day I posted.(on page 42)
Yes, I see the mouse over for the "reply", BUT the Flags are almost invisible, not bright green.
Yes, I see the Giant Numbers, but not the Flag, and it does not light up with mouse over. I had to really look forit to know that it was there. I thought they were just not to be anymore.
My monitor is not the problem. It has been perfect since I've had it.
To read the quotes of articles which are in pale green type, I have to highlight them to see them.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Yes I know when you posted it on page 42, mainly because my reply -- that you quoted -- was 2 minutes after your post. At that time (two minutes later) I could SEE your name. That is what prompted my response.

On the other matters, they are exactly where they were before the changes...

The light green font color is fairly bright to me as well.
Are you saying that you can't see your name at the top of this post as "reply to post by OhZone"?

edit on 10/3/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Ya I know but i was making a more to the point about the FLAGGED part being lifted from the original setting, it shouldnt be like that it should be settled into the part of the area like when it said flag this post..

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
This isn't a huge issue to say the least but I just noticed that when you click on an outgoing PM (something I do a lot) it now shows the PM as being read when in the old styled ATS it stayed as unread until the person you sent it to was the one to actually read it. Now, It can be quite annoying as you have no idea if they have read it or not.

I was wondering if there was a way to have this system back in place?

edit on 4-10-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Nice changes. One thing though, you can no longer tell by looking at someone's avatar in a thread if they are one of your friends or not. I liked being able to see which members are my friends in a thread. SOmetimes in a larger thread, I'll scroll through the pages but liked to pay closer attention to posts done by my friends as they are my friends for a reason and I probably would like to read their input more closely.

I know the changes are ongoing etc. Just wanted to point this out in case it was something that was missed or is something you hadn't thought to fix.

Thanks..

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

I've asked that question twice now and still had no answer.

Hmmmmm

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The " Delete All" feature in the outbox section of private messaging , does not work.

Anybody else having the problem? I click the option and it just does nothing.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by OhZone

Yes I know when you posted it on page 42, mainly because my reply -- that you quoted -- was 2 minutes after your post. At that time (two minutes later) I could SEE your name. That is what prompted my response.

On the other matters, they are exactly where they were before the changes...

The light green font color is fairly bright to me as well.
Are you saying that you can't see your name at the top of this post as "reply to post by OhZone"?

edit on 10/3/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Yes, I can see that, it is light green.
But it is the faded green like in your edit line that is unreadable without highlighting.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

If I'm correct this also happened before.
Like... When the sender opens a u2u the receiving end didn't get a red u2u light highlighted or something

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I just edited a post I had made in a thread. When I was finished and clicked "edit" I was sent to a "404" page instead of being returned to the thread. I wondered if the thread had been closed while I was working on my edit. It hadn't as once I found my way back to the original thread, first of all the thread still was there, and second, the edit to my post had gone through OK.
Another glitch?

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join