It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

Starless and bible black.....

Nows it's just dim and huge.

I love "dim and huge"!

Seriously.....this ATS 2010 looks great!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 1-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Dots

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Something tells me you're seeing the site differently than just about everyone else.

Originally posted by starless and bible black
Have a look at other conspiracy sites which feature normal white backgrounds.

In reality, white backgrounds shine m o r e light in your eyes, causing eye-strain for extended periods of reading.

I spent twenty minutes looking for the 'reply' button this morning. Wasn't it blazing and huge yesterday? Nows it's just dim and huge.

Seems like you still found it as the position has never changed... it's even in the exact same spot it always was prior to the ATS.2010 redesign.

Oh, and thanks for the broken scroll feature that won't work because ads overtake it when you attempt to scroll.

No such thing is programmed into the site. Can you be more descriptive of what you're seeing?

Nobody but a albino lizard would be able to see the dim blue on black letters.

The color combination is actually bright-tan text on a gray background for posts. If that's not what you're seeing, then something is wrong with your browser.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
A suggestion for 2012 if humanity can make that far.. lol

This is a hard one, but you know the two dynamic tools on the right
how about a 3'rd one where you are able to personalize them?

Also out of curiosity other than embedded videos there's no flash on the site right?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
how about a 3'rd one where you are able to personalize them?

That's what myATS is for.

there's no flash on the site right?

The video player and ATS Chat are the only two functions that use Flash.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Having trouble posting, testing, I get disconnected when posting for some reason, and ATS says "security error..."

Edit: I was only able to post this using IE 8 and inprivate browsing.

Same problem with FF and Chrome.

Anything I can do?

edit on 1-10-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: I needed to.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Actually, there is something else....just one tiny thing.

On the "New, Hot, and Top" threads, I would like to know who the author is, before I click on it. Could these be displayed?

.......No particular reason.

edit on 10/1/2010 by ladyinwaiting because: What happened to the face/palm avy?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

It really should; that's what I'm using myself. Put non-breaking space between what you don't want to break. You may have to pad short lines at the end with nbsp's to force the following line or word to wrap over to the next. How much padding you need depends on the physical, rendered lengths. Use a regular space at the break point.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I have a question: Is it possible to calculate the WATS score to a couple of decimal points? Seeing users who are Silver status have a WATS score of 0 is weird, but if it said something like 0.91, it would at least show that they are close.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I just wanted to take this moment to thank SkepticOverlord for the fantastic effort he has put into this site. This, despite the moaners and the whingers who, forgetting this is a FREE site, seem to think that a simple little stuffup or piece of wrong coding is the end-of-the-world and that they deserve a million dollars for having to 'endure' it.

S.O. Well done mate!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black
The new site is so bad that I am driven away from it. Enjoy your new glasses, and computer, everyone.

Enjoy sifting through the childish insults and 'lolcats' at G.L.P. then, or perhaps Icke is more your style hmmm?

I have resorted to using Ickes site. Lizards control the white house and vatican, yep.

Oh, I see you already have. Good luck to you then Sir, Cheerio!

Have a look at other conspiracy sites which feature normal white backgrounds.

I personally prefer the dark background, makes it easier on MY EYES to read.

Just because YOU can't read it, doesn't mean it isn't perfect for others.

edit on 2/10/2010 by Kryties because: To add more (obviously)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Am I the only one shamelessly abusing the "edit reason" to insert humor or off-topic content into posts only because it doesn't seem to have a character limit??

Peace

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

GAOTU789 advised me to post this here:

When you go to send a U2U, by default, your own username is already present in the "To:" field.

I know I should of paid slightly more attention but I've just managed to send a U2U to myself because I didn't look and enter the recipients username in the Subject field.

Surely, by default, the "To:" field should be unpopulated?

Cheers,

P.S. Apologies if this has already been mentioned...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
Am I the only one shamelessly abusing the "edit reason" to insert humor or off-topic content into posts only because it doesn't seem to have a character limit??

Peace

No, I insert little bon mots in the "edit reason" slot too. I'll have to watch out for yours.

Now to my question....

What happened to "this thread moderated by....." at the bottom of the page?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I noticed the "One of your friends" green banner is gone?
The one used so you could see who your "Friends" are... Is this coming back or is there another way or is it all irrelevant?

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I noticed that too. I was giving it a couple of days to see if it came back, but so far it hasn't. (obviously lol)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Peace

Nopes, it's been my goal since the beginning. I almost wanna open a fun contest for them lol

~Keeper

edit on 10/2/2010 by tothetenthpower because: now I've outed myself and have no choice but to be clever..

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
SO,

EVERYTIME I try to edit a post, I get a 404 page once I have hit submit.

Now if I go back to the post I can see that it's edited itself correctly, but it refuses to bring me back to my posts or the the thread.

I just get 404'ed.

Can we look into this?

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

And another thing....

Where it says "top" at the bottom of the page next to the page numbers. It lights up when I click on it but I still have to scroll to get to the top of the page.

edit on 2-10-2010 by whaaa because: can I get anyone else a nice cold drink?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The TOP button doesn't work in Firefox.

It does, however, work in Opera and Chromium (and IE8, according to others) so it appears to be a browser-thing.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
How can i change my favorite threads? Or is the feature not available yet?

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join