It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by foxhoundone
Hi guys in stuck, On SOXMIS,s thread "A curious nazi occult tale" I can only scroll down (on page 11) so far?
I know RmpSgt posted a reply but it doesn't show on my browser any ideas anyone..

Until they sort out the problem, here is a "cheat's" way to read that post.
Go to one of RmpSgt's other posts in that thread. On his mini-profile, click on "posts in thread". That gives you all his contributions to the thread, including the one you can't see at the moment. I discovered that trick when I found a similar problem on another thread.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by foxhoundone
I know RmpSgt posted a reply but it doesn't show on my browser any ideas anyone..

I'm not having any trouble seeing it on any of my browser/OS combinations.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
foxhoundone -

Your image embeds had double tags causing the problems with the page code.

Check your U2U inbox for a more complete answer.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

In reality, there never was two lines, always one... we just made it seem that way.

Put an HTML break tag between lines 1 and 2 --->

That will split the lines where you want them split.

Well I tried that with no luck.

Never mind, thanks anyway.

edit on 1/10/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't like the greyed out type. It's a strain to read it.
Can't read that blue type either. I have to highlight it so it turns white to see it.
Also - why are the "reply" & "quote" buttons nearly invisible?
And the Flags are also invisible......

Really guys, I know you put a lot of time and effort into these changes, but, sorry to say it was a change for the worst.

And now my name is also invisible?

edit on 1-10-2010 by OhZone because: To add further comment/

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Could it be the contrast on your monitor? The flags are in giant green numbers at the top of the page, and the reply and quote highlight when moused over...
I can see them fine on my screen.

I can also see your name just fine in white letters.

edit on 10/1/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about regarding multiple lines in the custom titles:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme

FWIW deep linking for non-members is broken. For an example, simply logout and click this link:

Notice it works while logged in, but not otherwise.

So a quick peek at the page source shows:

< div id="postcontainer" >

< div id="posttopL"> < a name="pid9656162">

When logged in, but then uses this when logged out,

< div id="guestpost">

So the guestpost container would need to also include the anchor. Is this something that's going to be fixed? Or is this intentional?

The problem described above still exists ...This strikes me as something that should be a high priority bug because there are numerous external websites which have deep post links to ATS that are no longer directing people properly. If this isn't going to be fixed there's almost no reason to even bother keeping the per post anchors because it just going to give users a false sense they can direct other people, who many not be members, to read a post on ATS when in fact that isn't possible.

It seems like most development at the moment is dealing with skinning issues. This is more important than cosmetic tweaks because it actively prevents people from using the site for its intended purpose – communicating.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

No that doesn't work either.

Thanks though.

I really don't know why they have to change all these little things.... I'm loving the new site but find it odd that silly little tweaks like this have to be made.
Why couldn't the line 1 & line 2 option stay?

Oh well.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
No that doesn't work either.

Thanks though.
I agree, the <br> doesn't work, but I've had no problem using &nbsp; to force the line wrap to happen where I wanted it. Some combination of regular spaces and nonbreaking spaces should do the trick. What are you trying to say, and where do you want the break? (I guess it helps if both lines are relatively long...)

edit on 2010.10.1 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hi ATS fans.

Wow ! 42 pages, I can't check them all for the word [star] !

My question is: Can anyone STAR the last message on screen,
when reading them ?

I seem to miss that possibility, but only on the last one.

EDIT: FORGET IT !
I still am in LINUX, and Firefox, and
all is back to normal, now, thanks.
. . .bizarre. . . B-)

Blue skies.

edit on 2010/10/1 by C-JEAN because: Stars now visible on ALL messages.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

I've seen someone else commenting on that point- but don't know where.
The problem seems to be browser-specific. I don't have it, anyway.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
G'day!

I have an idea for something that to me seems as if it could be useful for ATS 2010.....

Sometimes looking for an old thread or a piece of external information can drive you nuts!

What if there was a "message board" or something like that where people could post a question about something they're looking for?

For instance, I'm looking for an old thread that associates the LHC with some old Egyptian pictures.....all very silly stuff.

However, I don't really know what to search under.

I'm thinking it would be very handy if there was somewhere I could ask about such a thing.

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 1-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Format

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
It would appear that the owners have cut out the star feature as regards criticism of this topic. Am I wrong?

The new site is so bad that I am driven away from it. Enjoy your new glasses, and computer, everyone.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

Starless and bible black.....

It would appear that the owners have cut out the star feature as regards criticism of this topic. Am I wrong?

You can't "star" people in this forum.

That's always been the case.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

FWIW deep linking for non-members is broken. For an example, simply logout and click this link:

Notice it works while logged in, but not otherwise.

Looks like it's all fixed, nice work SO =).

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Can you guys make a video showing all changes and features so that we can graphically see all changes so we can take full advantage of the redesign?

That might be interesting

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I now realize that the board discussions never allowed starring. So why flagging?

Thanks for clearing that up. If I were responsible for this forum, I'd want everyone to see how flamed we are for the poorly thought out changes.

My advice: can the IT staff. Nobody ought to have allowed this travesty to have occurred.

Have a look at other conspiracy sites which feature normal white backgrounds. It is amazing how much easier it is to read. I spent twenty minutes looking for the 'reply' button this morning. Wasn't it blazing and huge yesterday? Nows it's just dim and huge. Oh, and thanks for the broken scroll feature that won't work because ads overtake it when you attempt to scroll. I always liked those arrow buttons on my keypad. Cannot you owners see that this is poorly reviewed? Nobody but a albino lizard would be able to see the dim blue on black letters. It is just a joke. Yes I am upset because at least this site is fairly neutral and very intelligent. I have resorted to using Ickes site. Lizards control the white house and vatican, yep.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

Have a look at other conspiracy sites which feature normal white backgrounds.

Im so glad ATS is not like all the other conspiracy sites. If it were, I probably would not be here.

To each their own. Can not please everyone

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join