It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
My toolsbar up top is getting hidden behind the skins. I can't get to "My ATS", recent posts or anything except for in the home page.

Just noticed this today. Hopefully its fixed soon, its really hard to navigate the site without it.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I like the message alert box & am coming around to the new buttons up top, the size makes it easier to hit makes it faster to move around...starting to like...

-B.M

Edit: the content drop down is fckn awesome, I only just discovered the top 50 & summary pages,
those are freaking awesome pages also.

I had no idea how many of the people who I saw around the threads & enjoyed reading posts of were in the top 50 contributors, feels alot more like a community just knowing that somehow...

I like it

-B.M

edit on 22/9/10 by B.Morrison because: i just found something I loved.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
My toolsbar up top is getting hidden behind the skins.

This is an issue I've not encountered. Can you provide a screen-shot along with the browser you're using?

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I've just re-read a post I made approximately three and a half hours ago and noticed a mistake I had made when typing the post.
When I attempted to edit the post I was informed that the alloted four hours maximum for edits has passed.

Clearly this wasn't true and whilst I recognise that a time limit for edit's is clearly necessary perhaps four hours is too short.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Two new helpful features have been rolled-in this morning.

Forum Index:
There is an additional sorting option to view threads in a forum by newest threads.

Board Home:
Each forum icon now has a small mouse-over sub-menu that provides links to the Overview page, the normal list by recent-posts, and the new newest threads view.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by Ben81

Ben, ATS staff give applause when they believe a post or thread has added particular value to a topic.

Here is a link with a discussion about it, and several moderators discuss what they look for in a good post/thread.

Hope this helps.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hi Lady

its been 2 years now that i have registered and more longer that i was reading stuff on the site
i have talked to people in real life about ATS to come here .. even my brother .. to come and register ..because im proud of this site

by the way i speak only here on the net
.. i have no FB or Twit account

I know how its working on ATS.. the system is good ..the idea is really good
i just think its very rare or it has to be exceptionnal ... to receive one (applause)
(like this new member that just registered had one after 3 days lol)

maybe the mods in general dont really applause anymore...its a old or between friends thing ..
now its stars and flags lol ...
the only thing that would be awesome is having 20 .. for "this one is aware"

i would like that one in my avatar ..only that one.. :p
it would be easy duplicating it with paint but i have principals i will never duplicate something like that...

Many things on ATS have recently upgraded..what a great job so far
its beautiful
maybe the applause system need a few new modifications to
.. maybe maybe not ... but
opening the applause option to any members that subscribe
or any members that have 2000 posts or 500 flags with 3000 stars would be able to applause
lifting the number of applause needed to a higher level
exemple : 50 = "this one is aware" in his profile etc etc..

its only an idea im giving .. but i think it will improve ATS by many ways
people will love it ..they will all come back and be more focus to follow the ATS rules like never before
it will be like a higher purpose deal/goal/achievement to reach those particular level
200 posts i think to have the chat enabled .. thats a great idea

and now :
a new level to be able to applause a members who reached a certain amount of (posts,stars,flags) because they did a great balanced job in general by being respectfull professional all the time in posts or new threads

Mods in general have better more important things to do ... watching that all members follow respect and subject rules
....+ all admin related stuff....
i think they dont have time anymore to applause...
letting the system accessible to the ATS Vet who reached the level... would be very interesting

PS: i had to sugest this idea... if nobody listen to it ..i will NOT be angry lol
and i will come back each day like i usualy do..
i just had to give my though about it

thank you for listening

edit on 9/22/2010 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Ben, you continue to make well thought out posts like the one you just made, and I've no doubt you will receive an applause. Those things come out of nowhere sometime! Mods don't have time to read every post, so *luck* probably has something to do with it as well -- that they happened to be around to read a good post when one is made. So keep up the good posts, and good luck too!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I'm using Microsoft Internet Explorer 64 bit.

As you can see, the blue toolbar is peeking out from the left side of the skin but, I can't get to any of the buttons to do anything. I still have access from the homepage but, any other page has the toolbar covered.

edit on 9/22/10 by FortAnthem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I looks like you may have Javascript turned off, or are blocking the download of the Jquery code from code.jquery.com/jquery-1.4.2.min.js

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Hi S.O.
Just a quick note: I am still (at random) getting the line of text down the left hand side of the screen when switching between ATS/BTS tabs or sometimes when hitting the Recent Posts button or the Refresh button on my toolbar. It also happens intermittently at startup/login to ATS. The text is blue (most often) but just now it also flashed (white). I've been trying to capture a screen-shot, but it's quick (or) I'm not. Lol. Anyhoo, thought you should know...

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

My wife booted me off the desktop. I don't have that problem on the laptop I'm using right now. How would I go about turning back on the _javascript or fixing the other thingy?

Sorry, I'm not very computer savy.

BTW, thanks for the quick response.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Thank you Lady

very appreciated

I dont bother that much about having a flag an applause a star or a ats point
its a incredible very unique system ..
for that i have notice

I work in IT so i usualy upgrade many systems with improvements
but im no code programmer.. its very hard to change a system like that on a site
for that i know

but keep up the good job guys ..
SkepticOverlord you did a great job so far ..PS: dont take my comments has critics
they are far from critics ..just to let you know

thank you

edit on 9/22/2010 by Ben81 because: correction

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Are you talking about this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df9a3036d8fe.png[/atsimg]

This is what happens every time I visit a thread. I've been having this problem on the laptop for days. Notice that the toolbar is missing from the top here as well but the text on the sides lets me click on the links just like the toolbar. Only problem is, the Avatars cover up the links sometimes! I thought it might just be a problem with the laptop though.

It doesn't happen in the recent posts of the my ATS page, only in the threads.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Yep. That is what it looks like, though it is usually in Blue, for me.

It does not happen every time I make a move, but it happens often enough...

There is a link in the ATS Issues thread as well, though I can't find it to link here, but it also has a screen-shot of the blue text running down the left side of the screen. For me, it happens in the boards, recent posts, etc. Not generally when I open a thread, though maybe (I can't remember now).

I am not having a problem with the tool-bar, as you are...

Lots of bugs to work out still, I guess.

edit on 22-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm getting the same issues as above periodically on different pages.

Although a refresh seems to solve the problem.

Currently using IE8 on a Windows XP prof 32 bit.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I'm getting the same issues as above periodically on different pages.

Although a refresh seems to solve the problem.

Currently using IE8 on a Windows XP prof 32 bit.

~Keeper

Im using the same OS ... very stable
Windows XP Pro

a refresh(F5) usualy fix any web display related problems

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

It's funny, since I posted that screen shot, it now goes away after a few seconds and I get the toolbar back up top. On the laptop at least. Still having the problem on the desktop.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The "FOUC" you see on the left side -- "Flash of Unstyled Content" -- should now no longer appear.

We used a slightly different method of creating our menu that the "jQuery default," and some browsers were seeing the unformatted menu flash as text on the left site of the page.

A fix was discovered, and you should no longer see that.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Sorry, but whatever I am seeing, has not been fixed.

edit on 22-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

I looks like you may have Javascript turned off, or are blocking the download of the Jquery code from code.jquery.com/jquery-1.4.2.min.js

Bill would that be the same for the Blackberry why i cant see a tool bar?

Though im sure i turned it on, will check.

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join