It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Can you set a skin type? I like just the one, not hugely fussed, if we cant but would be good if I could.
Cheers Zazz

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Did the post font (not the thread title font) just get smaller?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I've noticed that at least one of the forums, listed in myATS as a favorite, isn't refreshing. It's stuck on the same five threads. I've noticed it for the Medical Issues and conspiracies listing.

Edit to add: I just realized that they don't refresh to reflect the most recently commented thread, only listing the most recent topics.
Can we please fix this? I like to have a few of my favorite forums and their recent activity.

edit on 16-9-2010 by DevolutionEvolvd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Something is corrupted. All forums that come after "Philosophy and Metaphysics" in my favorites are being turned into "Philosophy and Metaphysics". If I move one of the now-P&M ones up, further favorites get turned into P&M. If I delete one P&M, they all go away.

edit on 9/16/2010 by EnlightenUp because: of!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Yep, this has been happening with my favorites as well. I've deleted them all, for now.
Hopefully these bugs will be worked out soon.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

You too? Interesting. I wanted to say something as soon as I noticed for fear the database could get fouled up.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Me too!

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Airspoon and FortAnthem:

Thanks for the info guys, I'll be looking for this the next time I make more than one mistake.
Which is....almost never.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
I just realized that they don't refresh to reflect the most recently commented thread, only listing the most recent topics.
Can we please fix this? I like to have a few of my favorite forums and their recent activity.

I really miss this feature too. I'd love to see a "new replies" option for the "favorite forums" column in MyATS brought back (preferably still sorted by forum the way it used to be).

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The ability to see recent posts within your subscribed forums has been added to the MyATS page. Along with the first of our "ATS Tool Tips" which will begin appearing throughout the site.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I tried it just now and the results don't seem to be sorted right.

41 days ago, 67 days ago, 144 days ago, 842 days ago??

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Thanks Skeptic Overland, MyATS page is working and updating, didn't you mention we were going to have the ability when we click on a link for it to open in a new page instead of the page you're on?

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Okay I was wrong. I tried clicking on "842 days ago" and the last post for that thread is from today.

So it's just the code used to display the "842 days ago" part that's wonky....

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Question about the subscribed threads on MyATS, are you considering adding more days, think it is whats active in the last thirty days now, would like to see that expanded.

Thank you for your consideration.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
not sure if anyone cares to know, but i will share anyway.

while i like the majority of the 2010 stuff, the myATS changes are atrocious. myATS has become someone elses ATS all of a sudden. i am not one normally averse to change, but when it comes to myATS the change is definitely decreasing the amount of time i spend on ATS.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I really don't like the new look. I have to say it makes ATS look a little childish, which is a problem because ATS isn't childish at all. People that have been on here for years may not mind, but for someone new coming to the site I'd hazard a guess that they'd think ATS is a teeny boppers chat room. I also hate the drop down menus. If it aint broke don't fix it I say. Just my two cents.

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Regarding the new 'style' changes in general across ATS...

I dunno what it is exactly but 2 things hit me straight away -

1.) everything feels cheap & tacky like those new cars designed for metro use that are covered in plastics.
2.) most of the colour & font size changes in the new layouts hurt my eyes & its hard to concentrate on anything.

I used to find ATS a subtle sophisticated but more-so a relaxing & calm scholarly atmosphere..

it feels like a rolls royce has been traded in for a festiva or something,
a festiva owned by a valley girl with bubblegum stuck in the carpet.

Its hard to take ANYTHING seriously about this website anymore.

like that infamous notion that a street bum could be the next jesus/allah/buddha but no one would listen to him/her because of their appearance.

anyway, the new 'code' buttons & smalled emoticon section in the replies is nice, repositioning the box more to the left, not so nice....

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

edit on 16/9/10 by B.Morrison because: I don't like this new "you MUST fill this out" bit either... I liked having the choice of adding something, & I liked that it used to take a little effort to achieve...this is a dumbing down...whats the point?

P.S) afterthought: one phrase flying about that is a sentiment shared by many it would seem is
"if it isn't broken, why fix it" which is valid because by no means from a user perspective was ATS broken.

so 2 things, was it broken from anothers perspective, who & why then regardless of that - why change?

I suggest that the site has been dumbed down in an effort to increase ease of use, but ease of use for who? people who found the old site difficult, I suggest that for someone with enough smarts to post a well thought out & presented thread, is smart enough to navigate the old ATS, and those that weren't...why weren't they?

I'm just wondering who this new ATS is designed to best serve, for what purpose & if an outside audience has been targeted to 'let in' to the network...so to speak.

edit on 16/9/10 by B.Morrison because: the mind is a mysterious thing...thoughts grow when you least expect them..

posted on Sep, 16 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

hey SO, I've only noticed posts by you in this thread that are pitching new features...

are you going to participate as a member & share your own opinions on the new styling of ATS?

I would be interested to hear how it makes you feel surfing ats these days etc, if that is something you do?

It only just occurred to me you might prefer to work on the business side of ats...

Still as I edited my post on this thread a minute ago I couldn't help but wonder if it was an excersize in futility much like the greviences book at many workplaces...it never gets read, never goes further than to 'dupe' the workforce into feeling 'heard'.

-B.M

edit on 16/9/10 by B.Morrison because: rephrase for clarity...damn this edit thing is old already.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Hey, idk if this is the right thread, but here it goes...

I was talking to some people in ats chat, and we came up with a good idea.

Sometimes chat gets lonely in the wee hours of the morning, so here is a suggestion.

Makes some ATS bots! It would be a great idea. Have several of them, (possibly disguised as a member so it looks like a member and not a bot)

Each one would be a certain type.

First one could be random youtube link bot. Self Explanatory.

We could have two bots that would constantly biquer about 2012.

We could have the hug bot that spouts off happy things.

Etc.

These bots could be constantly updated with new phrases everyday, and I think the people in chat would have a blast hearing what they have to say.

It's really up to you all, and how much effort u want to put into it. I would love to help with the project and helping it come to fruition.

Let me know. Thanks!

-SES

edit on 17-9-2010 by SolarE-Souljah because: spelling

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
Hey, idk if this is the right thread, but here it goes...

I was talking to some people in ats chat, and we came up with a good idea.

Sometimes chat gets lonely in the wee hours of the morning, so here is a suggestion.

Makes some ATS bots! It would be a great idea. Have several of them, (possibly disguised as a member so it looks like a member and not a bot)

Each one would be a certain type.

First one could be random youtube link bot. Self Explanatory.

We could have two bots that would constantly biquer about 2012.

We could have the hug bot that spouts off happy things.

Etc.

These bots could be constantly updated with new phrases everyday, and I think the people in chat would have a blast hearing what they have to say.

It's really up to you all, and how much effort u want to put into it. I would love to help with the project and helping it come to fruition.

Let me know. Thanks!

-SES

edit on 17-9-2010 by SolarE-Souljah because: spelling

I like the HugBot the best

Could have one tied into Wolframalpha, another bot to shorten URLs etc. hrmm.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join