It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You have to just hit (remove)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Concern: All the text on the left side of the screen is all on top of one another. Very difficult to read and in different colors.

I've not seen that on all the browsers I use for testing. Is it possible to send me a screen-shot with the details of your browser and version?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Concern: All the text on the left side of the screen is all on top of one another. Very difficult to read and in different colors.

I've not seen that on all the browsers I use for testing. Is it possible to send me a screen-shot with the details of your browser and version?

It actually seems to have fixed itself SO.

I'm using Chrome on Windows 7 Prof...

I'll let you know if it pops up again.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Yup it's back again.

I switched PC's in my office and now with IE7 windows XP SP 3 it's all jumbled..

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Also I've noticed that in the new Private Message system, the Delete All function for the folder (replies, inbox, outbox etc.) isn't functional.

It just kind of reloads the page and everything is still there. The single delete button works fine, but the other Delete All seems stuck.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

This has been happening to me on XP SP3 for a couple days as well. It fixes itself when the page fully loads, but it's annoying until then

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This whole site sucks now.

I tried, I have given it time, but I just cant stomache what you guys did to this place.

I cant even begin to list all the crap that I hate about this site now.

This used to be my favorite site, I would log on here at least 20 times a day, I really enjoyed what you guys HAD here.

ATS used to be a home, now it is just a place I stop by and visit while saying "eh".

You guys really screwed the pooch on this one.

IS THERE ANYWAY THAT YOU CAN GIVE MEMBERS ACCESS TO THE OLD FORMAT?

Because this one just plain out sucks.

I tried to get accustomed to it, butthat has become an impossibility.

EPIC FAIL.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I have noticed the option for "LIVE: Real-Time Headlines" under the "Topics" menu is not consistent throughout the site.

When I'm viewing a thread or at the Search page I can see it there in the drop-down menu, but when I'm on other pages it disappears from the menu....

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

The layout is different, the content has stayed much the same.

I come here for the content, for the community; the way in which it is portrayed is just a formality really.

I hope you end up changing your mind.

It's the same old ATS, with a new skin, that's about it.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
So far, I have only one concern with the new format. Others have mentioned this also. I see potential problems with new windows being opened each time you click on a Subscribed Thread, in MyATS. I liked being able to click on the last post button and just have it open in an existing window.

Like someone else said, crashing Windows is inevitable.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
Like someone else said, crashing Windows is inevitable.

Get more RAM or a new computer.
2nd line.

edit on 13-9-2010 by sphinx551 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
MY ATS doesnt feel like an improvement. I liked the easily navigable (is that a word?) boxes. Colours and layout make it a really unnattractive and difficult page to use...used to be my favourite way of interacting with the site.

I dont mind change...but this one hasnt been thought out.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stellify

myATS was my favorite page as well and it was perfect the way it was.... loved being able to see so many threads and how many flags each thread had, all at a glance. There's nothing in the new site to replace that functionality

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i have new windows opening up for an awful lot of things. my ATS page threads, responses in threads in the U2U section. i hope this is not a permanent thing. just thought i would share that. i do like a lot of the changes to be honest.

thanks,
et

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

I have posted this in the ATS Issue thread a couple of times but no reply. Am I the only one not getting into the "recent posts" section on ATS??

I get the message:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')) AND (l.last_time > 1284349807 AND l.fid=f.fid) ORDER BY l.last_time DES' at line 2

help!?!!!!

Peace

edit on 13-9-2010 by operation mindcrime because: The devil made me do it...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

It's working for me. That's strange.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

If its all about content, than why does it feel like everytime I am on here now, that I am in some sort of rave club?

The OLD ATS was about content, the new ATS is about making things look "nice". Eventhough IMO , its not nice, its an embarrassment,

It also feels like a kick in the pants to the existing members because the owners of this site wanted to make it more "friendly"(their words) to non members.

If I was never a member of this site, and I happen to come across it on the net(like I did when I first signed up) I would have just kept on going.
The way it was before, the way it was laid out, and the accessability of it all was what got me to join the site in the first place.

Last thing, I dont think that the owners give a damn if existing members like it or not. Thats what really gets me.
"this is the way it is, and if you dont like it.. OH WELL" type of attitude.

Little off topic - but still rings true- Kind of reminds me of the whole healthcare debate-
"its going to happen, whether you like it or not".

ATS would NOT be ATS without the all of the GREAT CONTENT that members have posted on here, and to me, it is a slap in the face to all those who spent countless hours on this site getting it to where it was only to make changes without care or consent of other members.
Yes, it is their site, and they can do what they want with it, but at the same time, it just goes to show you how
much they care about members opinions. " If you dont like it, Oh well, move on".

I will say though, that I am glad that there are some members who do like it and can get down with the current Chemical Brothers theme. Cause they sure can stomache more than I can.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Right, at the risk of incurring everyone's wrath who's been working on the new ATS layout ...

We don't ALL browse ATS with iphones and ipads!

Most of us still use the apparently now antiquated horizontal widescreen on our laptops/desktops.
It seems that the foundation of the new layout, which replaces every page content from mainly horizontal view to narrow and vertical is disproportionately targeted to the users on the above devices/platforms to the detriment of the majority.

I don't know ... part of the appeal of ATS has always been the ergonomic and well thought out browsing experience. Now I have to scroll at least twice as much to get the same content and the text is so big I feel like I'm either 8/80 years old or Freddie and someone gave me a phone with oversize buttons so I can see them and press them with my palm.

I'm sure ATS2010 looks super awesome on a vertically held ipad, but I'm not buying the most useless, self-indulgent, and redundant piece of hardware in the history of civilization just to see more than one post on a thread page, which if all the updates to date are any indication, will undoubtably be the case when that rolls out.

I mean the old RP page could fit 23 posts, you could clearly differentiate the forums, authors, even view count in the old days ... we even could click on the little green thingie next to the author and have instant access to their thread list. Now 15 lines of RP threads barely squeeze on my screen, with oversize yet bland/colorless fonts on a soylent green background ... what we end up with is way less information on every page AND harder to find things, worse of both worlds.

Ugh at whomever came up with 'firehoses.'

And kudos to whomever figured out to have 2 menu links taking us to the same 'board' page AND 2 menu links taking us to the same RP page whilst taking away the much utilized 'myats' shortcut from same menu bar ... though I suspect that now that it takes 5 page lengths to go through the new and improved 'myats' page it won't be much of an issue.

I for one do not mind change, and there are elements to the new design that are exceptional ... others not so much, and not because they aren't to my personal liking for my opinion is irrelevant, but because no matter how you cut it and defend it, functionality HAS suffered a great deal. Unless one runs their life on an ipad that is, but for those who do, they have much bigger personal issues than those a kewl ATS layout will remedy.

edit on 13 Sep 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Thanks for all of the updates. Sending kudos for all the hard work and hoping that things go smoothly through the change over.

edit on 14-9-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I am with you SD, I have a PC with a 20" wide flat screen and never had any problems before these changes, myATS page is a nightmare, all my favs overlap each other and not all the threads are clickable, I am not one to ever complain here and never have in the past but now.............

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join