It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2010 Updates Thread - #(UPDATE Nov. 10)#

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I am not a big fan of the gray to green on the toolbar in the member center area. I saw pics of it when it was green and it looked a lot better...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I have noticed an problem on the new members list. When you click a name of a member, you get a broken link with a . before the url e.g .abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I am just seeing this now, and have to say thanks bigtime for the tool in private messages that lets you see replies to your posts! I have been wanting something like that here since I joined, similar to other forums that send you an email when someone replies. But this is even better, as it's all contained right there, and will take you directly to the reply. So the question is, does this work if someone quotes you as well?

I would encourage all of ATS to start using REPLY TO and/or QUOTE in threads so that the person you are replying to sees it. For those of us that are very active, it may be the only way we'd ever see your post.

Way to go man.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Love the new Private Message setup, much easier to navigate, loving all the changes as a matter of fact, thank you, especially the skins.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I don't know; I'll need some adjustment time. I think the text needs to have more contrast. At least columns allowed searching by date or member more easily.

[quote] BB codes still don't work and you still can't reply to or forward the messages you originate. Maybe some day!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I am just seeing this now, and have to say thanks bigtime for the tool in private messages that lets you see replies to your posts! I have been wanting something like that here since I joined, similar to other forums that send you an email when someone replies. But this is even better, as it's all contained right there, and will take you directly to the reply. So the question is, does this work if someone quotes you as well?

I checked it out and I didn't see that feature.

How do you get it to do that?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
I checked it out and I didn't see that feature.

How do you get it to do that?

Under "Private Messages" above the message list:

"INBOX > REPLIES OUTBOX SAVED"

link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Just click the replies button on the left section, with the send, save, etc. buttons.

I'm too slow again.

/| what he said...

|

edit on 9/10/2010 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

link   

MEMBER TOOLS>PRIVATE MESSAGES>REPLIES.

See? I replied to your post, and it should show up there....

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Cool, I see it now.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

You're welcome.

But now I have discovered a glitch with that, and I just accidentally deleted ALL my PM's

If you're on the REPLIES tab, and hit delete all, guess what happens? IT DELETES ALL YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES INSTEAD, AND LEAVES THE REPLIES IN THERE..... GRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Thanks for the warning.

It looks like they still have a few glitches left to work out.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Ouch! That's a nasty bug.

Looks like it always links to u2u-in.php?del=all

edit on 9/10/2010 by EnlightenUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

*Bump*

About 'delete all':

For REPLIES it properly links to "u2u-reply.php?del=all" now but for OUTBOX and SAVED it still links to "u2u-in.php?del=all".

ETA: Big bad bug seems to be fixed for all lists now. Gracias!

edit on 9/11/2010 by EnlightenUp because: it's fixed!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
This new layout has killed ATS for me. I'm using an 800 x 600 monitor with Firefox, and the page is just a sprawling and confusing overloaded mass of information, now very hard to casually browse.

To view the entire homepage I have to scroll across twice and down 6 times. With its new layout ATS has become for me an endurance test, rather than somewhere I can casually visit on a daily basis to pick up on whichever conversation or forum happens to catch my eye.

It's destroyed the useability of ATS for me. So I'm now going to be looking for an alternative conspiracy forum which doesn't present that problem. I don't have any other choice whilst the site design completely overlooks people with less than 1024 x 768 sized monitors.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I've noticed there are o longer ATS points required to change Avatar settings.

I'm very curious now where we can spend our ATS points in the future. Does anyone know ?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This is more a request for the mobile version, but would it be possible to have things we reply to while using the mobile version added to our subscriptions automatically? Yeah, I can go to my recent posts, find the threads, and manually subscribe to them, but I'm lazy.

Also, any idea when/if the [url] [ /url] code will be fixed? Didn't realize they were broken till I tried to add sources to a post only to find that the entire post turned into a link once it was posted to the thread.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I was wondering what happened to my post I left here last night, turns out I put it in the old ATS issues thread instead.

Either that or it was some evil conspiracy to have my question silenced...

One thing I don't like is that, when I'm in BTS and hit recent posts, it sends me to the ATS recent posts page and I have to hit the BTS tab again to see the BTS recent posts.

With my slow internet connection, this can take hours (OK, I'm exaggerating but, only a little).

Is there some way I can go strait to the BTS recent posts when I hit "recent posts" in BTS?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have a question

Is there any way, with the new updates, to search a particular folder within given criterias?

for example let's say I want to get a resultset of the highest flagged threads in the Aliens and UFOs section, is that possible?
Or if not is there a list of that somewhere?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
I've noticed there are o longer ATS points required to change Avatar settings.

You never needed them for avatars AFAIK, just backgrounds but even backgrounds became 0 points in the store for awhile.

I'm very curious now where we can spend our ATS points in the future. Does anyone know ?

I don't know. RATS? Is an admission fee for RATS being removed? I don't see a store anymore at all. Where'd it go?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join