It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran reported on brink of nuclear weapon!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Who exactly is dreaming about that? You don't like generalization about Muslims, yet you are doing it yourself. If you hate the West so much, why did you move to New Zealand. I don't know about you, but here in Europe, we would call such a person a parasite.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
reply to post by oozyism

Who exactly is dreaming about that? You don't like generalization about Muslims, yet you are doing it yourself. If you hate the West so much, why did you move to New Zealand. I don't know about you, but here in Europe, we would call such a person a parasite.

Ahh I said why should you have the right to dream about nuking Iran and not the opposite.

I don't think you get what the above sentence means lol..

It means since you have 5000 nukes, you have the right to dream about nuking Iran, that doesn't mean you are dreaming about.

When Iran gets one nuke, then it will also be capable of having that dream, until then, it is not fair..

Lucky I'm not in Europe lol.. I'm in a small Island, called north Island, takes 10 hours to get from top to bottom.. Auckland is mixed with all nationalities, there is even Americans here lol, very cool place, come for a visit, just a warning, don't bring your European attitude here, because people are a little bigger down here, and don't look people in the eye..

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I don't dream about nuking anyone I assure you.

I have read the books and watched the films about Hiroshima and Nagasaki and sincerely hope that not another nuclear device is ever used again.

But we can not de-invent it.

They have never been used again and the knowledge of the devestation they can and have caused has prevented their usage.

The countries that have them have shown they can resist the temptation to use them again, can we honestly say the same about Iran?
And if we say 'yes' and are wrong, what price does the earth pay then?

The simple fact of the matter is that the more countries that have nuclear weapons the more chance they will be used again.
I for one don't want to see that happen.

This isn't about 'The West' v Iran and Islam, it's about the world!

But after all is said and done, would I support a military campaign to prevent Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons?
Absolutely not!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Ahh I said why should you have the right to dream about nuking Iran and not the opposite.

I don't think you get what the above sentence means lol..

It means since you have 5000 nukes, you have the right to dream about nuking Iran, that doesn't mean you are dreaming about.

So basically, you are talking a lot of crap. Got it.

Lucky I'm not in Europe lol.. I'm in a small Island, called north Island, takes 10 hours to get from top to bottom.. Auckland is mixed with all nationalities, there is even Americans here lol, very cool place, come for a visit, just a warning, don't bring your European attitude here, because people are a little bigger down here, and don't look people in the eye..

The Kiwis are cool people and I doubt they would wish to see the US or Israel to get nuked. What exactly is 'my European attitude'? That I consider a Muslim living in a Western country who regularly expresses his deep hatred for that very society, a parasite? I doubt I'm the only person with that opinion.

Bigger than? I'm from the nation with the tallest people in the world, so save me your poor threats, okay?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Your outright double standard in regards to this issue is absolutely appalling.

Then again, why would they spend billions of dollars on propaganda if people like you didn't fall for it?

I think Ahmedinejad says it better than I can ever say, that the age of nukes is over.. The only reason why powers stockpile nukes is to bully and undermine the rights of peaceful nations..

To make it fair, either all nations should have nukes or non.. We all know the current arrogant powers are far from disarming themselves from nukes, because they want to have that upper hand, that upper status in regards to the international community, to have the ability to threaten and bully peaceful nations across the world.

That being said, I hope Iran gets a nuclear weapon, because we know the US will attack it sooner or later, not because they are pursuing nuclear weapons, but because they are advancing, a revolutionary Islamic nation which is actually becoming an example state for the rest of Middle East, which the US does not want.

Do you think the US wants revolutions all across its territory of Middle East? Like let's say Saudi Arabia? Kuwait? Egypt>? Israel? Iraq? Afghanistan? I can go on..

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Well, can I ask you a question?

Are you proud that your country has 5000 nukes?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Dude, you have no clue where I am from. We have not even close to 5000 nukes. Probably a number similar to that of Iran.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

What double standards exactly?
Please do point them out.

Should we speak of your double standards?

No, perhaps not.

My stance is pretty straight forward.

I don't want to see nuclear weapons ever used again.
The more nuclear weapons there are then the chances of them being used increases.
Whether we like it or not we can not de-invent nuclear weaponry.
The MAD scenario ensures that countries that currently have nuclear capability will not use them in a pre-emptive strike.

It seems to me that Iran, or anyone else for that matter, wanting a nuclear arms capablity is just a nuclear equivallent of 'keeping up with Joneses' and serves no practical purpose whatsoever.

Do I think we should go to war to prevent Iran from gaining nuclear weapons?
Absoulutely not.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Logic dictates caution here.....
The Iranians could well be in possession of nuclear weapons of some type right now.
They have some capable missles as well.....the marriage between the two(missles and warhead) has not to date been completed or they would be far less tolerant of the sanctions and the abuse of the UN and other world powers.
My take is that they are working full steam ahead to make the leap to a ballistic missle with full nuclear warhead option by next year or so.....
The window of opportunity for miilitary strikes is closing faster than advertised.
If there is no military action by early 2011, i doubt there will be any atall.
Isreal is indeed between a rock and a hard place.
The snactions which are now in effect contain the right to halt and inspect iranian ships on the high seas.....I believe this is the vehicle which will be used to create the scenario for a war to start.
My prediction goes like this...
US/UN/Isreali navies board Iranian vessels...Iran responds by attacking ships in the strasights of hormuz....
The bombs begin to fall upon iran, as the missles begin to fly in Isreals and the US navys direction....
Bingo WW3

[edit on 7-9-2010 by stirling]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Well said. At least there is still a few left capable of seeing the bigger picture.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Anything to back your claims or just FOX news Propaganda you're spreading??

Edit to add second line, because I couldn't say anything to make the sentence longer

[edit on 7-9-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

The Kiwis are cool people and I doubt they would wish to see the US or Israel to get nuked. What exactly is 'my European attitude'? That I consider a Muslim living in a Western country who regularly expresses his deep hatred for that very society, a parasite? I doubt I'm the only person with that opinion.

Bigger than? I'm from the nation with the tallest people in the world, so save me your poor threats, okay?

It is good you called it a Western country.. No I don't have deep hate for Western countries lol.. Have you read my thread where I claim the West is more Islamic than the Middle East, that Islam will rise from the West?

I believe the Western governing system is much better than the Middle East, it is very close to Islam, and getting closer by the day, heck look at England, they are already giving individual freedom, to choose their own laws, hence Sharia courts.

Amazing isn't it..

And by European attitude, I mean your arrogant cocky attitude.. Don't bring it here, because punches don't sting here, it actually pushes your soft skin from the front to the back ^^

Islanders eat Taro, it is pure protein my friend, natural..

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
reply to post by oozyism

Dude, you have no clue where I am from. We have not even close to 5000 nukes. Probably a number similar to that of Iran.

I'm not gonna ask you where you are from, but tall and skinny, good enough for me..

Anyways, So why don't you want Iran to have a nuclear weapon? Because you think they will bomb Israel and Palestine
??

I mean if they are gonna bomb Israel they might as well bomb Palestine, am I right? The whole region will be effected wouldn't it?

Here is something funny, America implementing sanctions against Iran for pursuing peaceful nuclear technology which they have 100% right to do so under the treaty they signed, the NPT, while brainwashed Jolies like you want Israel (has over 100 nukes), and the US (has over 5000 nukes), to stop them..

Shows hypocrisy in way doesn't it..

Then again why would the US spend over a billion dollars per year in propaganda if they didn't see the success. You my friend is the success

Please I beg you, when you reply, post some evidence that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons, because you are embarrassing yourself. Usually the accuser holds the burden of proof.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This thread has descended into madness!!
Madness I say.

I don't believe Iran is pursuing a nuclear weapon. I think if they ever obtain one or make a dash to do so. They will be utterly obliterated. I don't believe the regime to be suicidal as some people seem to think.

They are just becoming important players in the region, and potentially the big dog in the Middle East within ten years. I don't see how you can reconcile this with pursuing nuclear weapons. Do you really believe they intend to throw all this away for 'protection?'

I don't. I think that is a nonsensical argument.

If it wasn't for Western propaganda and meddling Iran would be on an even faster track to the pinnacle of the region. As the Russians wouldn't have to walk on egg shells and could make all the deals they like. Which they would.

Couple this with the expansion of contracts with both India and China, and Iran stands, or did stand, to become a very important world player. Gradually this is being eroded.

Do you not think they can look at the Chinese model of global dominance and think; see how they are doing it? Without firing a single shot!

No-one aside from terrorists will ever use a nuclear device. Because everyone knows once you do all bets are off. To reiterate I do not believe Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons.

In answer to your question Mdv2, I will unfortunately have to wait until (metaphorically) Ahmadinejad has one in his hand, as should you. Because until then no one can be sure and there is too much room for error as recent history has taught.

To add lets try not to bash the different countries we each hail from. I am with Freeborn in that we need to think as a global community. There's no need in tit for tat abuse it demeans us all.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Those claiming Iran is not after nuclear weapons are either: plain stupid, very biased or have been too lazy to conduct their own research.

Since you claim to know so much, how about showing ONE SHRED OF EVIDENCE for ANY of the accusations you made in your post. Iran has fully functional warheads from Russia? Prove it. Iran has been buying uranium off the black market? Prove it.

The ONLY thing you're right about, is that having a nuclear weapon is strategically speaking a potent defense deterrent. Until then, stop lying, and saying that Iran is on the brink of having a fully functional nuclear weapons platform. There are people here less educated who might actually fall for such unscientific DRIVEL.

Your propaganda falls flat when juxtaposed against history, evidence, and simple logic.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Please I beg you, when you reply, post some evidence that Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons, because you are embarrassing yourself. Usually the accuser holds the burden of proof.

That WOULD be nice. Iran may be having some scuffles with the IAEA over some minor points in certain places, but Israel has no scuffles with anyone over ANY of their nuclear sites. They won't sign the NPT. Iran has, and has also submitted to inspections for years from the IAEA. If anyone knows whether Iran is trying to get nuclear weapons, it would be the IAEA- and they have NEVER stated that there is CURRENT evidence of this. And our own National Intelligence Estimate concluded that Iran ended their weapons program in 2003.

How the world just conveniently overlooks this, and lets Israel spit in their faces any time someone even mentions having them sign the NPT and submit to inspections, is baffling to me. Israelis are a separate species of humans, with inherent rights granted from their own minds that go way beyond the rights of other humans. This tiny little country the size of a postage stamp is dictating to the rest of the world how it's gonna be. With America as its guard dog bitch.
So tell me, when is THAT going to change?

While Iran has never attacked ANYONE. EVER. Besides, even if Iran DID have nukes, they are still pretty useless as an attack weapon when the country would be a sheet of glass if they ever used them. Just like North Korea. They spend their entire lives trying to get them, and then it's like "Now what? Hey, we can nuke Japan! We can nuke South Korea! We can..."

Umm, No, you can do NOTHING. You're still a sheet of glass if you ever use them.

I won't be as harsh as some others here are towards me just because I am trying to stick with the facts, as best as we can ascertain them- from the sources that MATTER. And I won't be bitten twice. The last time around, it cost thousands, if not millions, of lives. And another one of your own just got killed on a battlefield created by greed and politics. You want some more?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

That WOULD be nice. Iran may be having some scuffles with the IAEA over some minor points in certain places, but Israel has no scuffles with anyone over ANY of their nuclear sites. They won't sign the NPT. Iran has, and has also submitted to inspections for years from the IAEA. If anyone knows whether Iran is trying to get nuclear weapons, it would be the IAEA- and they have NEVER stated that there is CURRENT evidence of this. And our own National Intelligence Estimate concluded that Iran ended their weapons program in 2003.

How the world just conveniently overlooks this, and lets Israel spit in their faces any time someone even mentions having them sign the NPT and submit to inspections, is baffling to me. Israelis are a separate species of humans, with inherent rights granted from their own minds that go way beyond the rights of other humans. This tiny little country the size of a postage stamp is dictating to the rest of the world how it's gonna be. With America as its guard dog bitch.
So tell me, when is THAT going to change?

While Iran has never attacked ANYONE. EVER. Besides, even if Iran DID have nukes, they are still pretty useless as an attack weapon when the country would be a sheet of glass if they ever used them. Just like North Korea. They spend their entire lives trying to get them, and then it's like "Now what? Hey, we can nuke Japan! We can nuke South Korea! We can..."

Umm, No, you can do NOTHING. You're still a sheet of glass if you ever use them.

I won't be as harsh as some others here are towards me just because I am trying to stick with the facts, as best as we can ascertain them- from the sources that MATTER. And I won't be bitten twice. The last time around, it cost thousands, if not millions, of lives. And another one of your own just got killed on a battlefield created by greed and politics. You want some more?

Somebody does not know their history. Iran has never attacked anybody? Here is a long list of Warfare history involving Iran, aka PERSIA.

Wars affecting Iran 945-1258

Buyid Conquest of Shiraz
Buyid conquest of Baghdad; Buyid Dynasty ruled western Iran, Azerbaijan, Iraq
Buyids took Mosul
Buyid Dynasty Succession Struggles
Uqaylid Arabs took Mosul from Buyids
Ghaznavids took Khorasan from Samanids
Rayy (near Tehran) fell to the Ghaznavids (previously Buyid)
Seljuk Turks entered Khorasan
Seljuk Turks took Nishapur
Seljuk Turks defeated Ghaznavids in Battle of Dandanqan, annexed Khorasan
Seljuk Turks conquered Rayy area from Ghaznavids
Seljuk Turks conquered Isfahan area
Seljuk Turks took Baghdad (hitherto Buyid)
Seljuk Turks took Shiraz (hitherto Buyid)
Seljujk victory over Byzantinians in Battle of Mantzikert
Qara Qitai defeated Seljuks in Battle of Qatwan
Ghurids destroyed Ghazna
Seljuk Shah killed in battle against Khwarizm Shah
Khwarizm Shah conquered Ghurid possessions in Afghanistan, eastern Iran
First Mongol Raid of Iran
Mongol conquest of Isfahan
Mongol Raid of Anatolia: Seljuk Sultanate of Rum submitted
Mongol Conquest of remainder of Iran, and of Iraq

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Wars affecting Persia / Iran 1258-1501

Wars with the Khanate of the Blue (Golden) Horde
Battle of Ain Jalut; Mongol defeat at the hands of the Mamluks
Mamluks repelled Ilkhanid Invasion (Battle of Homs)
Succession Conflict in the Ilkhanate
llkhan Teguder (a Muslim convert) toppled in a rebellion
Anti-Semitic riots in Iraq, Iran
Rebellion ousted Khan Gaykhatu
Rebellion ousted Khan Baidu
Mamluks repelled Ilkhanid invasion
Succession struggles resulted in fragmentation of Ilkhanate
Sarbardar State in Eastern Iran, centered on Sabzavar, conquered by Tamerlane
Tamerlane raided the Khanate of the Golden Horde
Tamerlane conquered fragments of Ilkhanate
Tamerlane raided the Khanate of the Golden Horde
Tamerlane raided Northern India, sacked Delhi
Tamerlane's war on the Ottoman Empire
Shah Rukh, from his base in Herat, took Mazandaran
Shah Rukh took Samarkand
Shah Rukh took Fars
Shah Rukh took Kerman
Qara Qoyunlu invaded Persia
Shah Rukh fought three campaigns against Qara Qoyunlu; temporarily took Azerbaijan
Shah Rukh died; his Empire disintegrated, son Ulugh Beg attempting to establish his rule
Ulugh Beg executed after a rebellion
Qara Qoyunlu temporarily occupied Timurid capital of Herat
Safavid campaign against Armenia, Georgia terminated by Shirwan Shah who defeated Safavids
Aq Qoyunlu conquered Qara Qoyunlu
Timurids failed to take Azerbijan from Aq Qoyunlu
Aq Qoyunlu defeated by Ottomans
Safavid victory over Aq Qoyunlu

Wars of Safavid Persia, 1501-1736

Portuguese capture of Hormuz
Uzbeks conquered Herat, Khorasan
Safavids conquered Diyarbakir, Baghdad, Iraq
Safavids conquered Herat, Khorasan from Uzbeks
Safavid defeat at hands of Ottomans in Battle of Chaldiran; loss of territory in E. Anatolia
Repulsion of 5 Uzbek invasions into Khorasan
Ottoman-Persian War; Baghdad conquered by Ottomans in 1534, Basra in 1546
Safavid conquest of Qandahar, from Mughal Empire
Ottoman-Persian War; Ottoman conquest of Azerbaijan
Rebels ousted Shah Muhammad Khudabanda, enthroned his son Abbas
Qandahar lost to Mughal Empire
Victory over Uzbeks; Herat regained
Ottoman-Persian War, loss of Azerbaijan, Caucasus area to Persians
Ottoman-Persian War
Safavids took Hormuz from Portuguese
Qandahar gained from Mughal Empire
Ottoman-Persian War
Qandahar lost to Mughal Empire
Qandahar regained from Mughal Empire
Qandahar lost to the Ghilzay Afghans
Afghan conquest of Isfahan; Safavid Dynasty terminated
Russian invasion
Ottoman-Persian War; Ottoman occupation of Georgia, Azerbaijan, Shirvan
Expulsion of the Afghans and reunification of Persia by Nadir Shah
Ottoman-Persian War; Azerbaijan lost to Persia

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Wars of Zand, Afshar, Qajar Persia, 1736-1907

Persian Occupation of Oman
Invasion of Afghanistan, Punjab, sack of Delhi
Expedition against the Uzbeks
Anti-Persian rebellions in Azerbaijan
Ottoman-Persian War
Wars between Azeri Khanates
Bukhara seceded from Persian Empire
Persian force conquered Fort Mosselstein on Kharg Island from the V.O.C.
Ottoman-Persian War; temporary Persian occupation of Basra
Persian invasion of Qatar
Qajar army invaded Azerbaijan
Russian Army invaded Azerbaijan; withdrew upon death of Catherine II.
Qajars defeated, terminated Zand Dynasty in Iran, Afshar Dynasty in Khorasan
Qajar army invaded Azerbaijan
War with Russia
Afghan-Persian War
Ottoman-Persian War
War with Russia
War with Afghanistan
Persian occupation of Herat, followed by a British invasion of southern Iran
Herat lost to Afghanistan
Anti-Baha'i Riots in Isfahan, Yazd
Persian Revolution

Wars of Persia/Iran 1907-1979

1908-1909
1914-1918
1920-1922
1941-1946
1969-1970
1973-1975

Persian Civil War
Russian Occupation of Tabriz
War with Russia; Russian temporary occupation of Tehran
World War I; Russia supplied through Persia.
Soviet occupation of Gilan, establishmnt of Soviet Republic of Gilan
Separatist entities (Soviet Republic of Gilan 1921; Kurdistan, Azerbaijan, Khorasan) suppressed
Coup d'Etat
Arab rebellion in Khuzistan
Kurdish rebellion
During World War II Anglo-Soviet occupation
Revolt in Azerbaijan
Brief Kurdish secession
Coup d'Etat
Anti-Reform Riots
Clashes on Iraqi border
Iran occupied islands n Persian Gulf, claimed by UAE
Iran supported Sultan of Oman against Dhofar Rebels
Islamic Revolution

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Anybody believe that if Iran nukes Israel or US bases in the region, that Obama would respond nuclear? I believe he will NOT respond with nuclear weapons. That would go against everything he believes in, and everything that he is trying to achieve.

Example: Imagine Israel striking Bushehr and radiation hits the civilian population against international law. Iran sends a small nuke over to Israel. WWOD (what would obama do). I know what the israel response would be, unless their master Obummer somehow prevents the nuclear destruction of Iran.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join