It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Corporations Destroyed American Democracy - Chris Hedges.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The below video is a speech performed by American journalist, author, and war correspondent. Chris Hedges.

The video itself will probably not contain anything you didn't already know and covers the usual topics of the rise of the police state, the military industrial complex, the prevalent culture/celebrity society and the general systematic breakdown of American (and global) society.

Having said this, Hedges delivery is succinct. eloquent and, most importantly, truthful and makes for a great listen.

Of Particular interest to me is his erudite summary of the rising culture of consumption, a facet of society that eventually transmogrificated into the celebrity culture we see today. As I asked in my other thread, The Culture Industry: Enlightenment as Mass Deception, are we being entertained to death?

Hedges certainly seems to think that America's switch from mass production to mass consumption is to blame for the black eye it has suffered, some might say it's injuries are far more serious.

The below videos are taken from the same speech (at a different location) but focus solely on the issue of consumption.

Culture of Consumption = America's Destruction (Part 1)
Culture of Consumption = America's Destruction (Part 2)

It's a great speech and one that is deserving of your attention

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thomas Jefferson agrees about the corporations. Here's his quote:
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Incredible!! Whether you know or know nothing about this topic, All ATSers need to watch this video in it's entirety. If your at least not willing to take on the "power elite", then at least devise a plan of survival against CURRENT and future turbulent times to come.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

Yep, there have been so many warning from histories best and brightest, advice that befell deaf ears though, it seems. Hedges actually quotes some people in his speech that I hadn't heard before and mentions some reading material that might interest some

top topics

join