It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen In Critical Condition After Botched Abortion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Teen In Critical Condition After Botched Abortion Reporting Suzanne Collins

wjz.com

The trouble began when Dr. Nicola Riley performed a failed abortion on an 18-year-old woman on Aug. 13, perforating her uterus and cutting her bowel.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 692010 by Starbug3MY]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is another example of how abortion clinics are not inspected or regulated in any way. Every time a woman goes into an abortion clinic, she is risking her life.

This atrocity happens all too often. If something goes wrong during an abortion, they have no equipment or procedures to help her at all. She is then taken to a hospital in an unmarked car while she is bleeding and could have perforated organs that are bleeding internally. And not even in an ambulance so as not to draw attention to what is really going on.

As for the frozen babies they had, they were probably being sold to the highest bidder.

wjz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 692010 by Starbug3MY]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
Every time a woman goes into an abortion clinic, she is risking her life.

Then shouldn't logic tell these women to use protection so as to not risk pregnancy?

If you want to have a sexual relationship with someone, and you don't want the natural result of that sexual relationship, then perhaps you should protect yourself. There are three main options at your disposal to avoid pregnancy. To use none of them is a sign of being borderline retarded.

I understand that the abortion clinic screwed up, but blaming them for botched abortions is like blaming tobacco companies for smokers dying of lung cancer. At the end of the day it is the responsibility and the fault of the customer. If there were no moronic couples having reckless sex, there would be no abortion clinics.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This article is another example of the MSM pushing forward their agenda.

Everyone needs to ask themselves one question:

If you are pro-life, how did agree with any war?

Why is an unborn baby baby in America worth more than a life in another nation?

This story is tragic on several levels.

I pray she recovers and that those, whose drug is fame, leave her to heal versus making her the big tent circus event before her throwing her away.

Peace and Love

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi

I understand that the abortion clinic screwed up, but blaming them for botched abortions is like blaming tobacco companies for smokers dying of lung cancer. At the end of the day it is the responsibility and the fault of the customer. If there were no moronic couples having reckless sex, there would be no abortion clinics.

I believe this is a poor comparison. It's more like blaming a plastic surgeon who accidently punctures an organ while performing a breast augmentation. The patient made the CHOICE to go in for the procedure, but the doctor was obviously careless in the operating room.

I have a feeling the intention of the original poster was to start yet another debate, err, discussion of pro-life vs pro-choice, however, I think the discussion should be how to keep choice in tact while keeping these tragedies at a minimum.

This stuff happens very often in clinics, it's just not reported on usually. I personally knew a woman who died at the clinic. It could have been avoided and was due to the procedure going wrong. The clinic was legal, and well known, however, the doctor had lost his license and was still practicing.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Two women die every day in the U.S. giving birth. Does that mean that we should outlaw giving birth?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I wonder if the abortion death mills are required by law, to tell the mothers the FACTS about abortion, before the life is ripped from them.

Bladder Injury

Bowel Injury

Breast Cancer

Ectopic (Tubal) Pregnancy

Effects on Future Pregnancies

Failed Abortion

Hemorrhage

Hepatitis

Infection

Laceration of the Cervix

More Miscarriages Later

Perforation of the Uterus

Placenta Previa

Post-Abortion Syndrome

Retained Products of Conception

Severe, Rapid Bleeding

Sterility

Unrecognized Ectopic Pregnancy

And a few more problems and complications are relevant to the discussion but anyway. Make your choice from an informed location, not a fear location.

From here-www.abortionfacts.com...

As for the OP, the MSM hides the facts of the problems with abortion, they do not want the facts to get out. But of course once and awhile something happens that shines the light on the problems of abortion.

And for those members that say to use protection, the society of today is narcissistic and take no responsibility for ones actions.

That is what you wanted and this is what you get.

Take responsibility for the lives you lead and the society you want.

There is no such thing as a life without responsibility, only in fantasy land does that exist. Maybe quit teaching this value system.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Que the pro lifers and their opinions on how demonic and horrendous abortion is

If you think abortion practices are bad now then see how it goes when it becomes illegal and goes underground with no regulation or standards at all

When people get murdered and their practices bombed for doing this service then it's no wonder they are using unmarked vehicles to transport patients to hospitals when something goes wrong.

Botched operations happen quite often so really what is the problem, or is it just because it's the oh so evil act of abortion ?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Two women die every day in the U.S. giving birth. Does that mean that we should outlaw giving birth?

Pregnancy is more dangerous than having an abortion. But I don't think that's what pro-lifers want to hear.

On the same line of thought, we should ban heart operations because there was a sloppy clinic once that caused the death of. . .

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Having your appendix removed is just as risky, any surgical procedure can go wrong... Just like this one did.

The debate over abortion should have no place in this case.

Medical malpractice should be the focus.

But we all know that isn't why this is being made MSM news.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
According to a study done by HealthGrades, "of the 99,180 actual inhospital deaths, 97.19% or 96,402 could potentially have been avoided" in either 2008 or 2009 (not sure what year the data collected was from).

I suppose we should shut down hospitals too.

Source

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Show proof that women die from pregnancies. I refuse to believe it in modern society. Pregnancy is not a disease and abortion is not health care. Prenatal exams find and correct most of the things that can go wrong with the pregnancy and natural delivery.
Abortion is a death sentence to an innocent child. Death because of her place of residence - her mother's womb.

I don't want to argue pro-life all day. I'll stick with the story.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starbug3MY
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Show proof that women die from pregnancies. I refuse to believe it in modern society.

Sometimes the truth is hard to believe

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I find it strange that the abortion debate is even still going strong in America. That and the 'gay rights' debate are (in my opinion) two of the biggest non-issues argued in world politics today, along with the 'ban the burqua' debate raging here in western Europe.

Anyway, medical malpractice is the real issue here: Something that would only be made worse by making abortion illegal and further unregulated.

Abortion clinics should be subject to stricter standards.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Being a libertarian constitutionalists, I will not deny anyone the right to their body and what they do with it. That is a given, of course it is funny how those that argue for the right to abortion will still argue against my right to do with my body what I will.

Anyway, being spiritual I will still attempt to convince someone to not abort a life.

I guess you people that think the debate is over, sorry, I will try and convince everyone I can not to go through with an abortion. Adoption if you must but if I save one life, that was worth it.

Yes, the malpractice is the place everyone wants to put the argument to. I ask you this, did the person having the abortion get all the information I posted?

I HIGHLY doubt it.

When I had surgery I asked the doctor for EVERY possible scenario.

Now, if he told me that I would have an increase in cancer risk and the other numerous complications related to what abortion can cause, I doubt I would have gone through with my surgery.

Anyway, abortion is dangerous to the mother, not to mention to the life of the unborn.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

So you yourself had an abortion and you want to stop others from having the right you had ? I'm sorry if you have issues which relate directly to the abortion but # happens and people can have issues arise from the many plethora of surgical operations doctors currently practice so singling out 1 type of operation doesn't seem a right way to base your beliefs off

No offense but people shouldn't stick their noses into other people business when they're not doing anything criminal, it's just new age witch hunting and too many people these days seem obsessed more with what others are doing than what they are doing themselves and is a contributing factor to the crappy society we have today

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Where did I state I had an abortion?

Where did I state I wanted to take away the right to abort babies?

I distinctly stated that as a libertarian I would not take away the right, but as a spiritual person, I would attempt to talk someone out of having an abortion.

But, you knew that and just wanted to attack me right?

Or do you just have problems with reading comprehension?

Wow, argumentum ad hominem much?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Starbug3MY

This has nothing to do with abortion. Abortion is an elective medical procedure of which many are performed every day. You may be against or supportive of abortion, but the simple fact of the matter is that every type of medical procedure carrys some risk.

The only failed procedures that warrant media coverage is somehow abortions. Two problems here. 1 is that it does not provide adequate attention to the failure of other medical procedures and 2 injects even more propaganda into the news media.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Where did I state I had an abortion?

When I had surgery I asked the doctor for EVERY possible scenario.

Now, if he told me that I would have an increase in cancer risk and the other numerous complications related to what abortion can cause, I doubt I would have gone through with my surgery.

Sorry but that gives the impression you did indeed have an abortion

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Where did I state I wanted to take away the right to abort babies?

I didn't say you wanted to take away the right, I said you wanted to stop them from having abortions. And my point still stands, why do you want to put your nose into others business and prevent them from having an abortion ? It's absolutely none of your business what others wish to do within the boundaries of the law

I have no problem with reading comprehension btw so ditto on the ad hominem

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

So you do it again.

So you equating me trying to convince people not to have abortions, is PREVENTING someone from having abortions.

You say you are not using ad hominems and you KEEP equating speech with forceful prevention.

I could say the same for your speech, you are forcing people to have abortions.

Is that not being intellectually dishonest? I thought so.

And you attempting to equate what I stated in the quoted component, proves your intellectual dishonesty. You are attempting to equate surgery with abortion, nice try. Typical tactic of the devious.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join