It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just want to know the truth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Hi! It's nice to speak with you all again. Lately (always) I've been told that I'm not going to accept someone's reason for believing in god/their religion because I don't want to.

News flash, I don't care. It's not that I do or do not want a specific religion to be true, I just want to know the truth of it all.

But you might be thinking to yourself: "He's an atheist, he's already made up his mind!"

Not really. You see, I'm taking things from a more scientific/logical viewpoint than anything else. The initial position you start with in science is one of skepticism, which is why scientists test their claims. Right now I'm at a position of skepticism, I do not believe in any deity, and I'm trying to test any claims that they do.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

My Brother, I see your sincere search for the Truth. Please, tell me what you have found true so far in life about all things.

It is You who I want to learn from.

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Keep looking, if you search with with a true desire to know you will find it eventually. There is alot that is unexplainable out there and all i can tell you is that my own experience has brought me to know there is a God there I dont fully understand it all not by a longshot but I can say that i do notice the difference in my life when I do things his way or mine.

For you it is gonna be a longer and sometimes more difficult thing to find, because sometimes it doesn't make sense sometimes you just have to go with what you feel over what you can prove, because you are trying to understand something intangible with what is tangible. There is a logic and order to it but not all of it is what you can see or touch.

I have seen your posts before and sometimes you seem to have a genuine search, and others you seem to be angry at God to be honest it isn't meant to be easy to believe. I know that most of my views aren't in line with what most "Christians" think, they cling to things that endorse hate and further divide us while failing to embrace the core of what Jesus taught forgiveness, they take what should be non issues and declare holy wars on them, yet content themselves on other peoples suffering and think nothing of it. It makes it easy to dismiss them and condemn their beliefs.

I do wish you luck in your search and I would recommend reading the bible and I know you have but this time read it for understanding, ask for the understanding and take your time to think about not what is going on but the why it is going on it makes a difference. Oh and do try to find one with translational footnotes in it it makes a difference and helps put things in perspective.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

If you like the science part to understand religion. I have a quest for you,

If i told you i have managed to create a scientific explanation for how God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis chapter 1). Do you think you could do the same?

All you have to do is create a scientific view of what the verses would be scientifically.

I will give you a beginning to get you started.

Genesis chapter 1.

I will skip verse one, because it makes it easier to understand unless you read verse 1 in chapter two first. Because only then would you understand that God is actually creating what verse 1 is stating.

Genesis 1:2 first sentence.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

This verse tells you 4 things about what the dimension looks like before God begins his creation. I have underlined them.

1. Earth was without "form"

2. Earth was without "void"

3. There was nothing but darkness.

4. The deep.

The image you should have pictured in you mind right now is this black image:

We can not view the deep, Not even if we were smack in the middle of the darkness: But if you were there, you would know it had depth.

But since we know it has depth we can draw three lines to create depth. Like in the image under.

The image you see over is the image you should have after you have read the first sentence in verse 2.

Now. lets see what the last sentence in verse 2 tells us.

And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

In this verse we know three things:

1. The spirit of God.

2. Moved.

3. Upon the face of the waters.

What does this tell us if we look at the black image God described in the first sentence. There is nothing but darkness in that image, everything is formless and void.

It would probably mean that the dimension of darkness holds the spirit of God. And that the waters that make up the deep is Gods physical body/ dimension.

Before i go on i would like to mention a few things about the infinite " The dark dimension".

If something is infinite that would mean it would be a constant. And something that is a constant will never change unless there is a power present to do so. In this case Gods spirit.

Gods spirit moved upon the face of the waters: This is when God starts his creation of the heavens and earth. God is now taking a physical action.

God must take physical action because his dimension is infinite. God can not create something that is out side him self. Because God is as big as he can get.

The only way God can create something is by a compression. God has to compress himself for two reasons.

1. God is as big as he can get in all directions.

2. If God is as big as he can get in all directions, God must also be infinitely small. God can not be the one without being the other.

Gods dimensions is infinite, so God has to create a new dimension to have the heavens and the earth. That is why he moved upon the face of the waters.

Easy right

Movement = compression. There is no other way God can form a new dimension.

Here is a illustration of what the compression "can" look like.

If God is infinite. What ever he creates, it will always be in the middle. The creation will always be within himself. The creation can not be anywhere else if God is infinite.

A compression does also support what happens in verse 3.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

A very large compression would create a lot of heat, and a very bright light.

Verse 4. Is not really true. God didn't separate the light from darkness. The light came from the compressed energy, because of the force of the compression.

OK. Do you think you can figure out the rest. Everything from now on is about expansion and a cooling proses.

new topics

top topics

join