It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. soldiers play 'video prank' on Iraqi motorist - by planting a LIVE grenade in his car

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
this kind of prank for fun goes on
in America too. I like Jeff Dunham
the comedian but his addition of
the terrorist to his act just boils
me over.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

Nice that you use a slur against disabled people. Classy.

These soldiers are not fighting for America. They are fighting for the oil barons, contractors, weapons manufacturers, etc. Iraq was never a threat to America.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Bush played a prank before, WMD prank! wow what a big prank that it, everyone bought the prank to be true
, when the prank was over, we had good laugh at tens of thousands people dead, untold family number destroyed, a country devestated, and humanity lowered to erm prank level haha. Its funny isnt it ? I laugh till I shed tears.

These Iraqi are losers, being pranked that their country having WMD
and later get their house kicked in the middle of the night for another gun prank!. Total hilarious ! And the missing oil prank ? Thats another one to be found YET! I gonna have big laugh later.

Americans now will have a new game to play, prank a country. Nice found Bush or shall I say Bushes ?
get it ? Bushes!

I wish our country can play this game too,I hope these returning troops play this game when they come back, what a fun watching our government running here and there, either you want or not I think some will play it on you, just watchout your day hehe.

you reap what you sow,
you get what you teach,
give sorrow will get sorrow,
one for all, one for each

punk'd (add some spit for some dramatic effect!)

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I read your initial reply, and felt inclined to debate it. However after reading your edit, I can see that you make sense.

Regards,

Red

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
These soldiers are not fighting for America. They are fighting for the oil barons, contractors, weapons manufacturers, etc. Iraq was never a threat to America.

and that is why you see articles like this

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Playing a prank like that is etremely unproffesional. If one of my soldiers did that. They would have been taken to the CO and would have got an article 15. There is no excuse for that. None what so ever.

Airspoon is absolutely correct about the children. Whenever they saw americans or american vehicles they swarmed. Trying and begging to get whatever they could. We used to have big bags of candy sent to us to pass out to them.

Your not seeing the whole story in the dog shooting video. Iraqi dogs tried to attack me twice. Military dog handlers shoot any dog that gets aggressive with the military dog. But he shouldnt have let it limp around in pain. That was the only bad part of that. There are vector teams on FOBs in Iraq. That keep the wild dog population in check. So there not tearing through the garbage and spreading disease.

To the poster that said we couldn't effectivly fight a well organized army like the chinese. You are sadly mistaken. The U.S. military is the best trained and equipped military in the world. Your are letting a few idiots spoil your view of the entire military. There is a huge difference in the quality of a soldier that volunteers and one that is conscripted.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I have a feeling that incredibly stupid "prank" would have turned a little different if the driver had reached inside and tried to pick up the grenade.

Yesterday I heard on the news just once, that a military base had come under a severe assault, and the soldiers had managed to fight it off, then nothing after the first report, anyone heard anything about that?

Remember it wont suit some people to have the troops leave, and one of these pranks will turn nasty if they carry on, maybe that is what someone is hoping for?

If its all over, then why are soldiers still there? it will be over when the last of them has left the country, and not until then.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I tell you, I quit watching vids from there about two years ago. It's absolute atrocity to even think of treating people this way. I understand the ummmmm.......neaderthal mentallity behind the "humor", but come on! It takes a special "breed", or perhaps "inbreed" to perform acts of indecency and contempt while "serving your country."

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rakkasansct

That was me talking about the Chinese..... DO NOT underestimate them....

In todays world they are MORE educated, MORE physically trained, MORE self sufficient and able to think for themselves than ever before and MORE equipped...

My point being that any USA conflict with China would end in Nukes because you would and we all would be simply overun by a far more numerous and MORE competent force than we give them credit for !!

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

I know we all have examples of bad behaviour BUT the American Military is riddled with it and in a stand up fight with a proper functional fighting force (Hmm Chinese ) You wouldn't have a chance !!

So, you see a few videos of American soldiers stepping over their bounds and you jump the gun and say that the entire military is like this? I suppose you would say that all cops overstep their bounds every chance they get, but that is for a different thread.

It is easy for someone to sit there and judge the whole when all they see are the bad few, but it takes a really close-minded individual to think that the entire group would do the same thing.

And the US Military wouldn't stand a chance again someone like China because of these few immature soldiers? Well, it depends where they are fighting, I suppose. If the Chinese were to invade the US, which could be within the next few decades, I believe the US military would rise to the challenge may surprise you.

There may be a few knuckleheads, but don't judge the whole in the same light. And don't assume just because there are immature soldiers within the branches that they wouldn't grow up instantly when they needed to (i.e. fighting the Chinese on American soil).

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

MTV you been Punked !! What a load of crap.. Our society is falling apart because of cretinous TV shows that try to get cheap laughs with cheap jokes... No wonder the Public then try the same and as for these troops they deserve a good kicking......

I couldn't agree with your more! Search for the lowest common denominator, in the entertainment world, has become a race to the bottom. It just creeps me out. In reality shows, non-entities are promoted to role models. We are fast on track to become an intellectual and moral wasteland.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Desensitization at its best! And people wonder how the Scientific Dictators are going to convince our soldiers to police their own civilians...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

I refer you to the post above yours on this thread...

I base my judgment on what I have seen recently. Having had experiences of the Pan Pacific region in the early 90's I could see then that most Asian origin 'drones' were very efficient at working and completed the task they had to do BUT when it came for direction to the next task then the 'mass' were completely dependant on authority to be told 'what to do'........ In todays world, almost 20 years later, the same ethics of get the job done are still there however the ability for individuals to think for themselves is on a level with what we take for granted......... I think you vision of being 'SUrprized' will only be true if there is once again a technological advantage....... I really DO NOT think that will be the case !!

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

PS - you have an interesting flag for an American Warrior...

[edit on 6-9-2010 by PurpleDog UK]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

And yet the American people wonder why the insurgents hate us so much.

Hearts and Minds.....yeah right!

It's much easier to kill the enemy when the whole population is viewed as less than human.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6-9-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

MTV you been Punked !! What a load of crap.. Our society is falling apart because of cretinous TV shows that try to get cheap laughs with cheap jokes... No wonder the Public then try the same and as for these troops they deserve a good kicking......

I couldn't agree with your more! Search for the lowest common denominator, in the entertainment world, has become a race to the bottom. It just creeps me out. In reality shows, non-entities are promoted to role models. We are fast on track to become an intellectual and moral wasteland.

This sums it up. There is a movement that seems to enjoy obnoxiousness and crassness to an extreme degree. The slew of reality shows on MTV, and just about every other channel, is a good display of this movement in action. There are some decent ones, i guess...i just don't watch TV. But the TLC shows about the dwarfs are inspiring, if nothing else.

But it is more pervasive than just TV, and crappy reality TV. The fact that it is on YouTube that this was found speaks volumes. A good example of what i refer to would be to peruse 4chan.

In business i use the phrase, "People will rise to your expectations" quite a bit. However, with poor leadership th eopposite is true.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Extremely bad taste 'jokes'.

You're basically toying with a real fear these people deal with every day. That's like pretending to kidnap your child, let you freak out and then go:

"AHAHAHAH you've been punked, miss."

Seriously not cool.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
This isn't funny it is disgusting.

Reposted for relevance.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Probably we can use this as an excuse to prank White House ?

Hello SS ? You got bomb in the black car. Hang up. Record the SS doing their job. Then post it on you tube. If these troops can do it and get away, I bet we can too.

I call it fair IF we can that is.

Imagine somebody with real gun and real ammunition stick it to your head with darn stern instructions to stand down, then say you're arrested terrorist with found and real explosives.

Then............ you punkd! Everyone laugh at you.

What would you like to do ?

If its me, I really like to blow the guy head. That should teach him about joking with somebody else life.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I kill you! Good Ol Achmed.... Seriously though planting a live grenade in the car of an unexpected victim, I have seen everything now

[edit on 7-9-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Pro: The soldiers are trying to be humorous and amusing with the locals.

Con: The soldiers are trying to be humorous and amusing with the locals.

Seriously...pranking does not have to include the fear of death...its not like some absurd notion to be shot there, so a prank involving potential execution is about as funny as someone joking about a plane hitting your hometown on 9/11.

Was it harmless fun? I think there was an attempt for it to be, but completely not thought out from the perspective of the citizen...tossing some lingere in the boot to insinuate he is a transvestite...potentially funny...granade...soo not funny.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join