It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. soldiers play 'video prank' on Iraqi motorist - by planting a LIVE grenade in his car

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

U.S. soldiers play

www.dailymail.c o.uk

Now that the American mission in Iraq is officially over, some videos showing U.S. soldiers pranking Iraqis - and vice versa - for fun have come to light.

The below video was uploaded on to YouTube by a U.S. soldier and shows troops hiding a live grenade in an Iraqi's car before 'finding' it and - after the popular MTV show Punk'd - pranking him.

The Iraqis have a similar reality show, 'Put Him in Camp Bucca', where fake bombs are planted in celebrities' cars - only for them to be found and th
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/9/2010 by Unium]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Well this is .. Special ?

Nice to see that the Armies are having a bit of fun while serving their country and people in times of war.... Ahem. I mean, this is a civilian, not a terror suspect or whatnot. More and more videos of what SOME of these soldiers get up to is disgraceful ! ( SOME, not ALL ! )

Thoughts ?

Peace !

www.dailymail.c o.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This isn't funny it is disgusting.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
MTV you been Punked !! What a load of crap.. Our society is falling apart because of cretinous TV shows that try to get cheap laughs with cheap jokes... No wonder the Public then try the same and as for these troops they deserve a good kicking......

I know we have free speech and the ability to do as we please but my father and his kind did not fight in wars and sacrifice themselves so F****** MTV and all the NUMBSKULLS who follow Cheap and tatty Humour try to imitate tricks / jokes like that.....

Are we ever going to have some common sense and responsibility in our behaviour..

Hold your heads in shame

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yeah, that's not really funny at all. I'm all for a good time, but this? I think the citizens there have been through enough within the last 7 yrs. This is just irresponsible IMO. The Iraqi reality show version of punk'd is just retarded to me. It's just too sensitive a subject to be messing around with...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
He thought for about 15 seconds he was going to have his brain splattered. Yea it's all fun n games. Disgusting pigs.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I love how the Iraqis have made some sort of entertainment culture out of war and car bombings.

So now the combat mission is over (apparently) many troops are crawling out of the woodwork with these disguting videos which are not in the slightest bit funny.

These soldiers are damaged mentally. They would struggle to adapt to normal civilian life.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I have seen videos of American soldiers teasing local kids with fresh water, throwing flash bangs at farmers, killing dogs and taking advantage of the language barrier to verbally abuse locals.

I have to say, you are only as strong as the weakest link. Soldiers that step out of line should be court marshalled for inciting hatred upon their own country.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

Despicable :O !

Peace !

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
American soldier throws puppy off a cliff

Warning this video will anger you

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It's easy to control someone and play jokes as they nervously laugh when they're strapped up with enough ammunition to kill at least a hundred people.

Whose a terrorist

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

I saw that video on another thread on here where there was a really long video comprised of different footage of soldiers bascially acting like kids who act without consequences.

I don't even want to play it, argh !

Peace !

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

This is why America is falling apart and is Doomed to destruct......

It's OWN troops cannot behave and represent their own country, what a sorry sorry bunch of inbreeds..

I know we all have examples of bad behaviour BUT the American Military is riddled with it and in a stand up fight with a proper functional fighting force (Hmm Chinese ) You wouldn't have a chance !!

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
This isn't funny it is disgusting.

I totally agree
I dont find the first thing amusing about this.
It was also in poor taste and mocking of
the war on terror and of soldiers who have
previously died from car bombs.
shameful if u ask me.

there are other ways to play a prank
on someone than with live munitions.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Red_xi

Originally posted by Red_xi
Here are some of the idiots in action.

Soldier teasing children with water

Soldier killing a locals dog

Soldier throwing a flashbang at Iraqi farmer

While the incident linked (with the bottle of water) looks bad, it isn't that bad. The kids constantly swarm all US military vehicles because the soldiers are always handing out goodies. It wasn't like those kids were desperate for water or anything.

That video (kids teased with water) is a perfect example of why we shouldn't draw a conclusion from a source without proper context. On the face of it, it looks pretty harsh. Lets analyze it.

We have poor desert dwelling children chasing after a bottle of water, as the US soldier teases the children with it, making them run to get it.

However, those children probably aren't in need of water, though they are so used to soldiers throwing them things off the back of military vehicles, they swarm the vehicles even when not being "teased". You could hold a can of tabacco out there and they would chase it all the same. The kids are just playing and if they can get something free in their play, then all the better.

You know, I have a softspot for children and I would be the first one to holler foul if I saw children being taken advantage of and that simply wasn't the case with the video you linked to.

As far as the OP, I agree that it is horrible. In fact, it's only funny for one side of the joke. The US soldiers should have to pay for a fresh pair of underwear for those guys.

--airspoon

[edit on 6-9-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 2weird2live2rare2die

We're borderline retarded? We're not the idiots who signed up to go to war that should not have even happened in the first place.

You want to laugh? Crack a joke, don't tease little kids with water, kill someones dog, or toss a flash bang at someone. That is retarded behavior.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I have been involved in my life in situations you would run away from.... Life and death decisions that affect others and choices that needed to be made with the images in your mind years later...... Whatever provocation we faced we NEVER performed such childish and pathetic acts as those ..... you should be ashamed of even trying to defend them and I seriously wonder why I did what I did for my country and it's allies when SLUDGE like you comment like that..

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

They're not fighting "for our country". They're fighting for business. wait I guess you're right then.

You call us retarded? You'd have to be retarded to go over there. Why would you go. The only reason I see is if you see yourself as some sort of saint who wants to help guys already over there.

Why go? Terrorists? 9/11? Money? Fun?

You call us borderline retarded? Trust me you're referencing yourself when you say that.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by depth om]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join