It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on this Earth Just Changed

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
L I B M R Ducks

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

There's always cold weather in winter somewhere or other. What relevance does this have to the Gulf Stream? Which in case you weren't aware affects the southern highlands of Brazil in the same way London is the capital of Finland.

But if we're playing that silly game, I'll counter with the hottest summer on record in Japan

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Call it remote viewing or just plain old instincts and intuition, but just in the past year or so, I've been feeling like we are entering a new ice age (easily enough time to develop self-heating water bottles).

Just my gut feeling. I have no evidence.

Funnily enough, there's quite convincing historical evidence that we're heading for an ice age so your intuition is probably correct. Vostok, GISP2 and Dome-C glaciological records all show that the planet follows a predictable and natural pattern of interglaciations that last around 15,000 years separated by comparatively longer ice ages that last around 100,000 years. We're coming to the end of this current interglaciation as the Milancovitch effect starts to kick in, and the planet has actually been cooling for the last 3,000 years since the Minoan Warming Period, so yeah, chances are, we're heading for an ice age, but we won't feel the full effects for another 5,000 years because that's how long it takes for the Milankovitch orbital cycle to complete its transition.

On topic, I'm no expert, but I've heard suggestions that ocean currents, PSR's, and conveyer belts have permanently ceased before, and back then, I don't think it was particularly based on good science so I'll remain skeptical about this.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Nathan-D]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titan Uranus

Interesting. You know this will just give the climate change devotees something else to peg climate change to. Carbon oh the carbon, everyone hold their breath!!!

Please change the boring freaking record. You skeptics deny all evidence that you don't agree with. Now ironically enough the OP is actually wrong!!!! The current hasn't stopped. It moves around a bit and has stayed quite stationary this year along with weather patterns. This has resulted in the exceptional weather in Russia and Asia.

Guess what they don't know why yet. Shock horror oh my god they don't know ....must be absolute proof that global warming is a tax infested NWO controlling global conspiracy and nothing whatsover to do with observation and measurement by THOUSANDS of scientists WORLDWIDE.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrOrange82

Concerns over the North Atlantic Conveyor have been cited frequently over the past several years. Here is an article from the BBC in 2005 that warns of cooling in Europe due to the changes that are occurring.

Ocean changes 'will cool Europe'

Changes to ocean currents in the Atlantic may cool European weather within a few decades, scientists say.

Researchers from the UK's National Oceanography Centre say currents derived from the Gulf Stream are weakening, bringing less heat north.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Norway current ?
makes sence then, they said on the News in June I believe it was : MiniIce age within 5 yeard..

Hmm, doesnt add up with the huge Ice shelf that fell off of Greenland.

Edit : I see Dr. Deagle had some words in here..I know John Moore keeps talking about the current has stalled etc. This is a blog..

[edit on 6/9/2010 by ChemBreather]
well it certainly would make sense if this story is true.
With the Ice shelf breaking off it would dump more fresh water into the current, slowing or stopping it( according to historical theories.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrOrange82

Life on this Earth Just Changed

europebusines.blogspot.com

The latest satellite data establishes that the North Atlantic Current (also called the North Atlantic Drift) no longer exists and along with it the Norway Current. These two warm water currents are actually part of the same system that has several names depending on where in the Atlantic Ocean it is. The entire system is a key part of the planet's heat regulatory system; it is what keeps Ireland and the United Kingdom mostly ice free and the Scandinavia countries from being too cold; it is what keeps the entire world from another Ice Age. This Thermohaline Circulation System is now dead in pl
(visit the link for the full news article)

It's possible. Woods Hole believes climate has shifted abruptly before,

www.whoi.edu...
and initiated drastic climate change. It's nothing new and there is nothing we can do abou it if it is true. Of course we have seen nothing but one article that has circulated throughout the doomtard blogs so we have no proof.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Its not that hard to investigate, infact just re-typing it into google and seeing if anyone else is corroborating it would be good. Checking the guys credentials, knowing something, if anything about the topic at hand. Otherwise all you are doing is spreading fear, whether intentional or not, since a lot of people seem to just take whatever is posted at face value, so you owe it to others to actually research before posting a story like this. If you don't know, then make it clear in the title, not something which makes a knowledge claim.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Were not going to freeze and were not going to melt. The planet is going to be just fine. Fear mongers, Progressives, Loathsome Politicians, Political Environmentalists, and Democrats in General, will continue to push the climate issue on the people in order to have an excuse to Demonize and tax the Energy Industry.

Al Gore will continue to push his vision of Florida underwater, (....how bitter can you still be about the 2000 Election?), and general vision of impending doom, so he can continue to rake in millions with the global warming infrastructure that he has had in place for some time now.

Throw them all in jail. Throw away the key. If the key doesn't melt or freeze, keep em locked up! I've had it with these Enviro-criminals! F*** em!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titan Uranus

Interesting. You know this will just give the climate change devotees something else to peg climate change to. Carbon oh the carbon, everyone hold their breath!!!

So out of curiosity, are you a climate change denier? If so why? If not, what do you attribute climate change to?

tamale

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
"The entire 'river of warm water' that flows from the Caribbean to the edges of Western Europe is dying due to the Corexit that the Obama Administration allowed BP to use to hide the scale of the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Disaster. The approximately two million gallons of Corexit, plus several million gallons of other dispersants, have caused over two hundred million gallons of crude oil, that has gushed for months from the BP wellhead and nearby sites, to mostly sink to the bottom of the ocean. "

...GOOD GOD..do you realize how much core exit we need to dump in order to change the WORLDS OCEAN CURRANT in ONLY 5 months?? lol

Then I stopped reading from there because this douche bag is a propagandist.

Also, I'd like to put it in perspective...The basin contains a volume of roughly 660 quadrillion gallons. Now think about how much more water exists ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE ATLANTIC TO FREAKING TO EUROPE. If we dumped 2 million to several million (supposedly. The blogger did not even cite his sources) That is still a very VERY small amount. I think it will harm immediate areas perhaps? But there is no way it can disrupt the entire ocean currant.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by mishmallow8]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

It might be a bold statement of mine to say that bringing corexit into this debate is insane, but people have been claiming for years that the warm water currents are slowing down. It has been in the whole global warming debate of the polar ice caps melting and the oceans cooling down, warm water currents flowing deeper blah blah blah, no warm water currents will cause europe to freeze over. I'm not saying I have a problem with theories, but the world cools down it heats up. $!@# happens, that's life and we aren't on top of the food chain as we may have thought as mother earth is one mighty lady.

It is just an annoyance to me that people are grabbing at straws to pinpoint the BP oil disaster (which was terrible) to some cataclysmic event and if the currents had to change so dramatically it would be catastrophic, but in the end, it snows in europe, it rains in the uk, earthquakes happen in new zealand on a regular basis, by far not the worst weather the world has had to face, it just more serious now as the world becomes more densely populated and information is now freely spread all over the world and data better recorded.

In the end this is yet another false prophet wanting attention and we all fell for it.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Global cooling is most definitely happening....and it's certainly not because of the this oil spill and coreexit though...

... here in Central Florida...staring in 2008...autumn just seems to keep arriving earlier for us each year. For Florida this is actually really nice for us and it's refreshing...the 90's and early 2000's was always hot as hell.

Here's a article of snow reports in Florida on wikipedia. You will notice that in 2010 we had the most snow reports EVER in the entire century of record keeping:

en.wikipedia.org...

Also It might do your hearts good if you read up on the history of extreme global cooling and warming peaks of the past:

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

The medieval global warming...was followed by global cooling. Very similar to what is happening now. The earth has a way of cooling after the sun heats it up for a good while...and humans are still here, well and alive! I'm sure we will survive several more of these maxima and minimas...

....hopefully!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Cant speak for anywhere else, but I know up here in North Dakota the weather has seemed odd. Granted, I've only lived here for two years, but last summer was not like this. They have had almost double the amount of weather warnings, and it has been raining alot more this year. If it keeps up like this the farmers will be taking a hit on the crop. When I got up this morning at 6am local it was 48 degrees F. Just saying.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I heard about the gulf loop current being dead about a month ago. Saying it is the fault of the oil and that it just shut the loop right down and caused the jet stream to change. Which in turn caused the massive flooding in Pakistan as the jet stream just continued to sit there for weeks and weeks. The flooding in Pakistan is said to be a once in 10 lifetime event, even heard it was in biblical proportions. If this turns out to be true than this could be extremely bad for civilization. Save your canned goods.

www.sott.net...

[edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

ok...so if you google 'gulf stream moved yahoo', theres a question someone posted up on yahoo answers regarding this...and when you click on the link, yahoo has REMOVED the question...when you click on 'cached' in the google search, you can see his original question and link to Stirling's original post.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by srahhhhh]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Is this true?

Well if it was true, it would be a REALLY big story and confirmation stories from leading scientists would definitely all over the media of all types, and I don't see that yet. Let's hold fire for some confirmation from multiple relevant and credible sources, shall we?

Is it plausible?

Absolutely. All it would take is for the Greenland Ice Sheet to melt and flow into the North Atlantic Ocean. That huge volume of cold, fresh water would change the convection currents and basically turn off the Gulf Stream. This would wreak havoc on weather patterns all around the Northern Hemisphere.

Has happened in the past?

Yes. This is pretty much what happened during the so-called medieval mini-ice age.

[edit on 8/9/2010 by rnaa]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
You know what they say: "First your pants, then your shoes."

I wish everyone, on either side of the "climate debate," would remember something similar: "first your science, then your politics."

Unfortunately, the issue is one that most people seem to come to with their minds made up already, and they uisually base their decisions on political rather than empirical and scientific reasoning.

I truly long for the day when people are willing to "man up" and look science in squarely the face, rather than bringing their various simplistic ideological prejudices to the table and then attempting to ram evidence into whatever little box they happen to have a crush on. Unfortunately, I doubt this day will arrive any time soon. Because most people don't have the courage to admit they may have made a mistake, or that they may be responsible for something unpleasant.

[edit on 9/8/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
It's looking pretty rough right now

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Frank Dinkle

Playing games are we? Nice try. That's the date in the upper left. It's showing January 12, 2003.
Here's the actual image from that date. The non-edited version.

[edit on 9/8/2010 by Phage]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join