It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on this Earth Just Changed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

The blog article says that "the Gulf Stream begins to break apart approximately 250 miles from the Outer Banks of North Carolina."
Yes, there is a lot of variability, a look at the archived images demonstrates that.

The Florida Current is fast, deep, and narrow, but after passing Cape Hatteras the Gulf Stream becomes less effective at depth and develops a series of large meanders which form, detach, and re-form in a complicated manner. After passing the Grand Banks (off Newfoundland), the flow forms the diffuse, shallow, broad slow-moving North Atlantic Drift.

www.weatheronline.co.uk...

The blog article says that the NADC "no longer exists". It says that the "latest satellite data" establishes this. The NADC is a very slow and widespread flow which carries warmer water northward. It is not driven by the Gulf Stream, it is driven by tradewinds and the sinking of cold water in the North Atlantic. It's interesting that the blog provides none of that "latest satellite data" but the sea surface temperature charts show that the NADC is doing just fine; carrying warmer water well into the North Atlantic.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7879bdef7004.gif[/atsimg]
www.oceanweather.com...

[edit on 9/6/2010 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrOrange82

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by MrOrange82
Found a document

www.associazionegeofisica.it...

OMG !!!
That document is very disturbing.
Thank you for the find

Im starting to feel like the bringer of bad news. Dont like it...
Maybe ill look different to it, im the bringer of change..

And i am Aquarius, you know what some say..

By the looks of the above 3 sentences, i conclude.I visit this site too much

Snap on line 3!

I was reading somewhere that the warming of the seas could play a part in the glacier melts. The jet stream always used to seem to be in the same place years ago. In the summer the wet weather was always carried up the Atlantic and up towards the Bearing Straight.. seems to have moved down somewhat over the past 5 years. Maybe the Northern Hemisphere is slowly warming. In January, it was 12oC in Greenland, and -20 in the UK..Iceland have had an unusually warmer summer this year too.. expecting a colder winter next year.. energy companies are going to be rubbing their hands together (again).

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I disagree sir, if it buys me 60 seconds more that may have been what i needed to get into the shelter and close the door!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hoover had already tried to play the Communist card on Marilyn, too, back when she was married to playwright Arthur Miller, who had well-known left-wing views and was strongly critical of McCarthyism. Hoover tried to ruin him, too, had him called before committees in Washington, tried to get him blacklisted--just like he always did.

One of my favorite Hoover quotes was from 1964, the only time he met with Martin Luther King, and showed him all the "data" the FBI had acquired from listening in on various hotel rooms.

His last words to King were "Be sure to say something nice about your FBI."

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
www.iceagenow.com...

I always check this website out whenever I come across anything related to weather changes. And once again the author has not failed me as he has written his opinion of the Zangari article - which he finds to be false.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Pfft, and people were worried about global warming, I hope global cooling occurs

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for that as I was just about to nip out to Costco and buy a generator and then get myself kitted out in some arctic survival gear....
I do not know anything about this subject but i always like to try and be a little prepared...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

Kendal mint cake - must get that though .....

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
me thinks i call bs on this
I think if the NAC dissappeared we would deffo know about it by now

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
I was a weather geek in the military and if the those currents actually had stopped, none of would be typing right now. That is life ending event. Since the earth is shaped the way it is, there is uneven heating. That is what causes weather and currents. Its to redistribute heat.

I'm certainly no expert in this subject, not even a hobbyist, and I can recall being taught in grade school how every single creature and ecosystem is in some sort of balance and it is all needed for survival. But today I feel it's all pretty random. Certainly these currents have an effect on weather in some areas, but from what I understand weather model programs cannot predict past known weather so I think such an assertion is wrong.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Titan Uranus

It amazes me the extent of ignorance the mass of the United States can go to. Really. The rest of the world accepted climate change. There's just too much evidence.
And before you say "where's your evidence?" just Google it. Google climate change or anything similar in topic. It's everywhere and you can pick wich legit site to read. Tell me, where's your evidence of climate change being a hoax? Because we still have four seasons?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I found this. The current doesn't look to be moving but i am a complete dunce where this stuff is concerned.

polar.ncep.noaa.gov...

Edited to mention...Playing around with that image i realized that was showing the surface only. Going to greater depths showed more current activity

[edit on 7-9-2010 by veryinteresting]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by MrOrange82

He is not "risking his career". Scientists blow it all the time. Furthermore, this is not a peer reviewed article.

Dr. Gianluigi Zangari is said to be a theoretical physicist who apparently is connected with Frascati National Laboratories, a branch of the National Institute of Nuclear Physics, a nuclear research lab in Italy. Apparently Zangari is currently involved with medical imaging.
www.enea.it...

If I want to know something about medical imaging I might ask a physicist. If I want to know about ocean currents I will certainly ask an oceanographer.

[edit on 9/6/2010 by Phage]

Sorry Phage, but this one causes me a bit of a problem... Hubert Reeves jumped on the climate change bandwagon several years ago. He even wrote a book about it and his opinion of the subject is considered gospel. Yet he's an astrophysicist.

Meanwhile, Freeman Dysan who is also not a climatologist has a very different opinion on the matter. Whether he's right or wrong, his opinion is much better thought out than Reeve's or just about anybody else's (even just for the fact that he actually "thought" about it, which very few others do).

I'm not saying your right or wrong, but just because Zangari is not in his field should not necessarily be used against him. It should be pointed out, but not used against him. Sometimes a different thinking pattern brings new thoughts and new observations.

This said, from what I've read so far, evidence does seem to be against Zangari.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Well, something is going on, I have this article..

It is in Norwegian and Ill try the Google Translator..

StormWeather-TV2 Norway

Cool Norway stands out
World sweating, but in Norway we have had the coldest year in a long time.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This past year we have read about the Winter Olympics in rain and slush, heat waves worldwide, ice-collapse in the north. The world has been through one of the warmest years as the registry.

Here in Norway, however, the last 12 months is remembered for the snowiest winter in living memory, forty degrees of frost in Finnmark, and summer without the summer heat.

Lots of Chemtrailing and Cool weather in an global warming periode ?
Or has the Norway Loop stopped as claimed in the thread..

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Speechless?
No.

You were warned.
No?
Few took action.

It is now too late.
Folks must now.....
'Do' what they may.

What 'may' that be?
We shall seA.
You have always had a choice.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

We had our coldest August for 17 years. But this was nothing to do with the NADC - it was atmospheric weather patterns.

The NADC makes little if any difference to our summer temperature, it may make it a little milder in winter (opinions vary on the extent). Although coastal regions are influenced by warm sea temps - which often mean we get rain rather than snow - inland it's air massess which are the main factor. If we get 14c or -1c in January it's dependant on whether we're under a southwestery airflow or a easterly airflow.

If the NADC/Norway current stopped, we'd see sea surface cooling occur in the Arctic first and gradually work southwards. SSTs clearly show this has not happened. Buoy data clearly show that neither current has stopped.

Edit: Iceland has had a mild summer. And it is influenced by the NADC far more than Britain or even Norway.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Essan]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohsnaptruth
reply to post by Titan Uranus

It amazes me the extent of ignorance the mass of the United States can go to. Really. The rest of the world accepted climate change. There's just too much evidence.
And before you say "where's your evidence?" just Google it. Google climate change or anything similar in topic. It's everywhere and you can pick wich legit site to read. Tell me, where's your evidence of climate change being a hoax? Because we still have four seasons?

Sigh, always somebody with the "Ignorant American response". Hate to break it to you but The United States is a large country some people believe it some don't. I would have to say that in my circle of friends all American it's about 50/50. Just because G.Bush didn't believe doesn't mean the rest of us don't.
As far as google being a reliable source for information anyone who has attended college knows that using a basic internet search is not considered reliable and will make you look ignorant snd discredit your reputation as a researcher. Part of me wants to respond with It amazes me the extent of ignorance the mass of non U.S. citizens can go to. Really? Smart people understand that just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true. But then I realize that the statement I just made makes me ignorant. So please stop making generalizations about the whole U.S. population based on some opinion devoloped from watching to much BBC and CNN.

Do I believe in global warming yes, Do I believe the atlantic currents are stalling no. Do I have any proof? NO just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Let us hope that you are right, because I live here, I have lived here all my life, and the last two summers and winters have been colder year by year.

This coming newyears eve, it is three years ago we were out shooting rockets with an umbrella because it was raining, and I think this winter will be a very snowy and cold one....

It may be the normal warm/cold periods, I remember at the late 80's that we had lots of snow here...

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Deny Ignorance, remember?
This is true and will get worse by the day.
The 'world' will bear witness to this 'tragedy' soon enough.
The Earth's ecosystem Is fragile though unfortunately, this is man-made.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Our environment is always changing - sometimes quickly and sometimes slowly.

It is changing quickly at the moment with climate change, earthquakes and manmade catastrophes.

Here in NZ Christchurch is experiencing up to its 150th aftershock, some as strong as 5.4, and seismologists say maybe a 6.1 aftershock will happen.

It is terrifying, especially for the people in Canterbury.

My point is - things are always changing, that is the nature of the universe.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The high desert of Calif has been 5 to 10º colder this summer then normal.

No days over 110º and we usually have 10 to 15 days over 110º

Yet no media people are talking about the strange summer.

Its like they don't want to let people know that its colder instead of hotter from global warming.

Did the Iceland Volcano cause this cold summer or something else.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join