It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life on this Earth Just Changed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrOrange82

Originally posted by ChemBreather

reply to post by ChemBreather

What ! ?
the article is genuine..
a line here.

Trying to connect the dots here. I was shi*ing in my pance, that was so funny.(Hyperbole) You had to correct yourself for the first time
You wrote yourself: lol:
Ah, shait, I must correct my self (that is a first )

Anyway how can i make a bridge to. What ! ?
the article is genuine..
a line here. To .Ah, shait, I must correct my self (that is a first )

Dont get me wrong, just want to understand why i also need to laugh.

Laughing is good, you live longer..
I am adding to your lifespan...

And there are more articles that say there were snow several places that weekend, so , gear uP ! we seldom have snow in August, far too early in the year..

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Anyway to stay on topic.

We dont need to discus if it doesn't happen. Lets extrapolate on the implications it has on us as a human kind, if it does happen

It means that the changes we see around us, literately record braking, are due to the break up from the oceans current.
Then it is likely to magnify, cause more fresh water keeps poring in the oceans.
Disrupting more and more.
Until complete stop, causing ice age.

We don't nee to discus what has made the currents stop ore slowed down, seems to me its an irreversible effect.

Ice ages are commen, so why not.
The ice data collected in the artic matches the time frame. You know those black rings you see every meter. Every black ring represents an ice age, where right on one right now.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I am adding to your lifespan...

Well felt the adding, swuush ad right back to you. Sorry if its to cold it was warm when it left. Damn Weather

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I don't think laughing has any effect
on living longer according to this thread
title, do you ???

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I don't think laughing has any effect
on living longer according to this thread
title, do you ???

Damn you it was my grasp of hope, now you broke it

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Damn you it was my grasp of hope, now you broke it

kinda gives new meaning to that old adage
we heard from our parents:

Don't cross your eyes
they'll freeze like that !!!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So now Zangari's nonsense has escalated from the "first time ever" breakup of the Gulf Loop Current (a regular occurrence) to the collapse of the Gulf Stream.

The oil spill has had no effect on the current.
Here's what it looks like now: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5df42b9315d0.png[/atsimg]

Here's what it looked like right before the oil spill: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d0273ab70c3.png[/atsimg]

Here's what it looked like in 2007: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b20400aa8954.png[/atsimg]

rads.tudelft.nl...

Like any natural system, the Gulf Stream is subject to wide variations and fluctuations in its characteristics.

[edit on 9/6/2010 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Related news articles in the past;

news.nationalgeographic.com...

www.newscientist.com... ling-ocean-current-raises-fears-of-mini-ice-age.html

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Exerpt from wiki;

In April 2004, the hypothesis that the Gulf Stream is switching off received a boost when a retrospective analysis of U.S. satellite data seemed to show a slowing of the North Atlantic Gyre, the northern swirl of the Gulf Stream.[7]

In May 2005, Peter Wadhams reported to The Times about the results of investigations in a submarine under the Arctic ice sheet measuring the giant chimneys of cold dense water, in which the cold dense water normally sinks down to the sea bed and is replaced by warm water, forming one of the engines of the North Atlantic Drift. He and his team found the chimneys to have virtually disappeared. Normally there are seven to twelve giant columns, but Wadhams found only two giant columns, both extremely weak.[8][9]

In 2008, Vage et al. reported "the return of deep convection to the subpolar gyre in both the Labrador and Irminger seas in the winter of 2007–2008," employing "profiling float data from the Argo program to document deep mixing," and "a variety of in situ, satellite and reanalysis data" to set the context for the phenomenon. This might have a lot to do with the observations of variations in cold water chimney behavior.[10]

In January 2010, the Gulf Stream briefly connected with the West Greenland Current after fluctuating for a few weeks due to an extreme negative phase of the Arctic oscillation, temporarily diverting it west of Greenland.[11][12]

Also, why do some people think that if this really was occuring it would be all over MSM?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

Because it would be big news?

But it isn't, nor is the Gulf Stream slowing.

A slightly more up to date study, using better data, finds:

The Gulf Stream does not appear to be slowing down, say US scientists who have used satellites to monitor tell-tale changes in the height of the sea.

Confirming work by other scientists using different methodologies, they found dramatic short-term variability but no longer-term trend.

The scientists in the original study found changed their minds...with new data available.

However, later observations by the same team showed that the strength of the flow varied hugely on short timescales - from one season to the next, or even shorter.

But they have not found any clear trend since 2004.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Im not saying your info is nonsense no its the other way around. You ad facts.

But what you are presenting is a very small part of the findins. The below link has more info at his findings.

www.associazionegeofisica.it...

How do your findings correlate with his data. Im no expert, maybe you are?
Someone is lying or change in that area of the gulf witch you where presenting, isn't the main current belt. Maybe its tidal current. It is close to the coast.

Just thinking, im no expert.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MrOrange82

As has been pointed out in a bunch of threads, Zangari is wrong. The formation of eddies in the Gulf of Mexico is a regular occurrence.
Last year for example:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/569c6db5c5b4.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d6aed71c0c6.gif[/atsimg]
ocean.tamu.edu...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I thought the self styled Lord Stirling was widely known as a crock of poo?
the-last-blog-left.blogspot.com...
I can't believe people still read his blog. As for Bill Deagle - I don't know but I would have more confidence in a news source that doesn't bill itself as 'nutri- medical' for heavens sake.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by starchild10]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

He's already shown how the Oil Spill is not effecting the Gulf Stream by showing the changes in the gulf stream map pictures from Mr. Zangari's work to be simple natural fluctuations in the stream, as the examples from 2007 show in his post.

But I still disagree over the fact that an imminent ice age that would result in the death of millions would be public knowledge.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

What i dont understand.

Why does someone like that, risk his career by stating things that are statistical wrong.
He must have studied the facts. Nobody risks his position, unless they are certain.

Who is this man?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

S&F

"As displayed by both by the sea surface maps and the sea surface height maps, the Loop Current broke down for the first time around May 18th and generated a clock wise eddy, which is still active. As of today the situation has deteriorated up to the point in which the eddy has detached itself completely from the main stream therefore destroying completely the Loop Current. .."

"It is reasonable to foresee the threat that the breaking of [such] a crucial warm stream as the Loop Current may generate a chain reaction of unpredictable critical phenomena and instabilities due to strong non-linearities which may have serious consequences on the dynamics of the Gulf Stream thermoregulation activity of the Global Climate." —Dr. Gianluigi Zangari,

Additionally, sea ice in the Antarctic is at near record levels ~ link ~ and coldest August in South Australia in 35 years ~ link ~ This is indicative of a major climatic change to the entire planet and is to be expected from the dying Thermohaline Circulation System in the Atlantic Ocean.

Source: europebusines.blogspot.com...

Excellent article, possibly a side effect from the Gulf Oil Gusher.

Another interesting site has this to say:

Will This Stall Spread Into the Atlantic?
The importance of the Gulf Stream was brought to the forefront in the blockbuster film The Day After Tomorrow (2004) where the Gulf Stream stalled, causing temperatures in New York City to plummet from sweltering to freezing in a matter of hours. Based on real science, the film showed movie audience how the the Gulf Stream transports warm water from the equatorial regions of the Earth, along American's Eastern seaboard and then across the Atlantic to Northern Europe. Now, current temperature measurements for the Gulf Stream on the Atlantic Front (from 76 to 47 meridian) now appears to be about 10 degrees Celsius cooler than it was this time last year. Consequently, a direct causality nexus has now been established, between the stall of the Gulf Loop Current and this new temperature drop in the Gulf Stream on the Atlantic Front.

For this reason, the focus of Zangari's research is presently centered on finding signs of a return to the former natural equilibrium of the Gulf. Again, he stresses making predictions (pessimistic or optimistic alike) because “these phenomena are unpredictable because they are ruled by strong non-linearities.” Nonetheless, we must ponder the question: What does this new nexus portend for our future? To that, Zangari says “we can affirm that this system (the Gulf Stream) is changing in an unpredictable way, which may produce serious consequences on planetary scale.”

Source: thealienproject.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tarrok
The weather has indeed been absolutely crazy here in Germany. A few cases of bad flooding in parts of the country and a lot of schizophrenic weather recently.

Sun -> Rain -> Sun -> Heavy Rain -> Sun -> Hail

Ask anyone and they'll say the weather is highly unusual this year.

I can't find anything regarding the currents of late. Though it's something to keep an eye on. I'm sure someone with more information will drop by this thread later.

For the Netherlands the same. Seen lots of damage, from several storms.
Is it really happening? Starting to think it, hope the debunkers come quickly??

i'm in stockton california, U.S. and we have had one of the coolest summers on record. it's nice to have "only" 80 degree F for so many days...it is usually in the high 90's F for most of the summer....and we have had many days in the 70's F...for you in northern europe...better stock up on your knickers this winter.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

He is not "risking his career". Scientists blow it all the time. Furthermore, this is not a peer reviewed article.

Dr. Gianluigi Zangari is said to be a theoretical physicist who apparently is connected with Frascati National Laboratories, a branch of the National Institute of Nuclear Physics, a nuclear research lab in Italy. Apparently Zangari is currently involved with medical imaging.
www.enea.it...

If I want to know something about medical imaging I might ask a physicist. If I want to know about ocean currents I will certainly ask an oceanographer.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

He is not "risking his career". Scientists blow it all the time. Furthermore, this is not a peer reviewed article.

Dr. Gianluigi Zangari is said to be a theoretical physicist who apparently is connected with Frascati National Laboratories, a branch of the National Institute of Nuclear Physics, a nuclear research lab in Italy. Apparently Zangari is currently involved with medical imaging.
www.enea.it...

If I want to know something about medical imaging I might ask a physicist. If I want to know about ocean currents I will certainly ask an oceanographer.

Zangari was saying things that where out of his field of expertise, you mean?
I didn't knew that. thanks for saying, it changes the perspective i have about this.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not want to scare monger or anything but if you examine the pictures of the current before and after the spill then I would say that there appears to be more divergence of the current stream after the event than before ?

It reminds me a little of a varicose vain as it loses it's elasticity and wanders more, causing more loops and pressures.. May well be going in the same direction but there are more pressures on it getting there..

Maybe 'statistically' irrelevant but there definately appears to be a visual difference..

Regards
PurpleDOG UK

[edit on 6-9-2010 by PurpleDog UK]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

WALLOP-the mighty phage hammer of rational cold hard science once again falls upon a thread,and dispels any silliness.
Well done.

The sky is not yet falling upon us.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join