It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling Christian Leaders to the Carpet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by itistrue

These are the ones who have not been defiled with women...

The 144,000 are undefiled. When a man and woman join together in holy matrimony their intimate relationship is blessed by the Lord; for the fruit of the womb is a blessing from God. It is not defiling. BUT even a married man who has an emission would be considered ceremonially unclean and could not participate in Temple ceremonies. These 144,000 are not only spiritual virgins (they do not seek after other gods) but also ceremonially pure.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by itistrue
reply to post by nlouise

Jesus said he did not consider it robery to be equal with God! Think about that! He followed God and prayed to God and was equal to God?

How is this humanly possibly?

Because of everything I wrote here.

Because Jesus is equal to God. He is God manifest in the flesh.

Ok guys, I see what you are saying here. Of course Jesus is God. We are not God, but he manifests through us.
I know this. (smacks self in the head)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nlouise

True, what the Word says about us is that we are "partakers of the divine nature..."

For all of eternity we will be God's creation, we will never be God. He is our Father, we are His sons and daughters.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by nlouise

It's not that He "needs" us for battle, because He destroys satan and his armies at the end of the 1,000 year reign with just His spoken word. It
is more like He shares the victory with us over the antichrist.

I for one, have always wanted to fight alongside the Lord on a white heavenly horse.

Ok I got that, but who are the elect that will still be here wh
en Jesus returns?

Quit watching those 'Left Behind' movies.LOL When I was taught this theory (I was 12) it was only because I overheard it elsewhere and demanded to know at church/school why we didn't know. I raised so much issue with it among the other kids that the private school and the church showed us a couple of movies.....'Sound of a Distant Thunder', and a sequel to it. (I'm dating myself here)

Read the scriptures very carefully, you will not find anything about it. IT is a manmade doctrine used to put people to sleep so that they do not prepare for tribulation. I mean that respectfully, reread those scriptures.

Those christians who were saved during the tribulation.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nlouise

Huh? I have never seen a single "Left behind" movie or read a single "Left behind" book. What are you talking about???

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDaysCal

Like I said before Elijah and Enoch because they never died. thanks for trying but you are out because you didn't pose a question.

Matthew 24: 37-39
As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

Enoch was taken up into heaven 69 years before Noah was ever born. As it was in the days of Noah will be the coming of the Son of Man. Enoch's life on earth was not included in the days of Noah.

The two witnesses are empowered to shut up the sky so that it will not rain. The prophet Elijah was empowered by the Spirit to bring divine judgment upon Israel during the reign of evil king Ahab (1 Ki 16:30). The nation endured a three year drought until the people turned from Baal worship and returned to the LORD their God (1 Ki 18:45). Many theologians agree that one of the two witnesses will be Elijah. Elijah was taken up to heaven by God and did not die. It is prophesied that Elijah will return before the Day of the LORD.

“See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes. Malachi 4:5

Some students of the Bible believe that the second witness will be Enoch because, like Elijah, he did not die but was taken up to be with God (Gen 5:24). I believe that there is strong scriptural evidence that points to Moses as the second witness. The witnesses are empowered to turn the waters into blood and strike the earth with various plagues as did Moses during the time of the Exodus. Moses represents the Law, while Elijah is representative of the prophets. Both Elijah and Moses were with Jesus at the mountain of transfiguration (Mt 17:3). The book of Jude records that the archangel Michael disputed with the devil about the body of Moses (Jude 9). The only argument offered against the theory that the second witness will be Moses is based on Hebrews 9:27 which reads: Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment. Because Moses died, they rule out the possibility that he is the second witness. But Jesus is the resurrection and the life (Jn 11:25). Lazarus, the daughter of Jairus, and the only son of a widow, were all raised from the dead to physically die again. With God all things are possible!

The two witnesses, no matter who God chooses to fulfill His divine plan, will be anointed prophets. Their lamps will burn brightly with the pure oil of His Spirit.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

reply to post by nlouise

True, what the Word says about us is that we are "partakers of the divine nature..."

For all of eternity we will be God's creation, we will never be God. He is our Father, we are His sons and daughters.

Then why and where would we be a joint heir with Christ and ruling and reigning with him if not equal? Jesus inherited all things from the Father and we are a joint heir with him....

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by itistrue

reply to post by nlouise

Then why and where would we be a joint heir with Christ and ruling and reigning with him if not equal? Jesus inherited all things from the Father and we are a joint heir with him....

Ok. Very good point.
Quoting the 'little gods' can be confused with the world's perception of what being 'little gods' means. Several beliefs outside Christianity believe they are going to be 'gods'.
Now, seeing what you wrote in that perspective, yes......plus 1.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Because Jesus chooses to share His reign with us doesn't mean we are entitled to it because we become God. It simply means Jesus chooses to share it with us because He loves us. He is God, we are not. He is infinite, we are not. He is eternal, we had a beginning. He is Lord, we are just His friends.

Let God be God.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

reply to post by nlouise

Huh? I have never seen a single "Left behind" movie or read a single "Left behind" book. What are you talking about???

The rapture theory. People like Hal Lindsey, Chuck Missler, Tim LaHaye, etc. come up with really good insight on prophecy, but what discredits them is the 'rapture theory'. The few churches that even go near Bible prophecy teach rapture. The rest of the churches that don't go anywhere near Bible prophecy, think its not important that the Bible is 1/3 prophecy, because they think they won't be around for it to matter.

If 1/3 of the Bible is prophecy, than shouldn't prophecy matter?? If Christians are not going to be here, why would the Bible prophecy even be necessary?

The 'elect' are not those who will suddenly love God when everyone else has disapeared. The Bible says that when these things happen (tribulation events), the wicked will get more wicked. They will take their anger out on Him and those who follow Him.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

These are the ones who have not been defiled with women...

The 144,000 are undefiled. When a man and woman join together in holy matrimony their intimate relationship is blessed by the Lord; for the fruit of the womb is a blessing from God. It is not defiling. BUT even a married man who has an emission would be considered ceremonially unclean and could not participate in Temple ceremonies. These 144,000 are not only spiritual virgins (they do not seek after other gods) but also ceremonially pure.

Very good point. I like how you explained that.
That makes a lot of sense.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nlouise

No, the bible declares that angels will preach the gospel to every person on Earth, we also know the two witnesses will preach, and also the 144,000 will preach. The tribulation is called "the time of JACOB's trouble." "Jacob" is Israel. They will come to know the Lord Jesus Christ as their messiah during Daniel's 70th week. Not to mention there will be scores of people who have been to church many times, who have heard about the tribulation et cetra, but who have never trusted Jesus for their salvation. There will be many who come to know Jesus during Daniel's 70th week, they will reject the antichrist and refuse to accept his mark and will be martyred for this reason.

The church is absent from Revelation after chapter 3. They are not seen again until the General Assembly of the Church of the Firstborn in the throne room of heaven. When Jesus opens the seals of the scroll.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Because Jesus chooses to share His reign with us doesn't mean we are entitled to it because we become God. It simply means Jesus chooses to share it with us because He loves us. He is God, we are not. He is infinite, we are not. He is eternal, we had a beginning. He is Lord, we are just His friends.

Let God be God.

I agree. Only God can be God. I didn't take his response to mean that we are God.
I know that we will never be 'God', that would be absolutely crazy.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Why did the archangel Michael dispute with the devil about the body of Moses?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Why were both Elijah (who did not taste death) and Moses (who died) seen with Jesus at the mountain of transfiguration?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
If the proliferation and industrial evangelization of the false church fills you with indignation, because since Cain, their precursor, they have continually made a merchandise of the Truth. If you are astonished by the way an innocent soul is evaluated and manipulated like a mere product for high financial gain, finishing as a trivial statistic exploited by the politic-economic-financial predators of this world...

This is part of the full text available at www.missionarieswithoutborders.com. Go to this site and you will find your way out of this necessary evil inflicted on the world.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Since Hebrews 9:27 states, "Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment," why does the Bible record 11 different people being raised from the dead?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

reply to post by nlouise

No, the bible declares that angels will preach the gospel to every person on Earth, we also know the two witnesses will preach, and also the 144,000 will preach. The tribulation is called "the time of JACOB's trouble." "Jacob" is Israel. They will come to know the Lord Jesus Christ as their messiah during Daniel's 70th week. Not to mention there will be scores of people who have been to church many times, who have heard about the tribulation et cetra, but who have never trusted Jesus for their salvation. There will be many who come to know Jesus during Daniel's 70th week, they will reject the antichrist and refuse to accept his mark and will be martyred for this reason.

The church is absent from Revelation after chapter 3. They are not seen again until the General Assembly of the Church of the Firstborn in the throne room of heaven. When Jesus opens the seals of the scroll.

Where does the Bible say that the ‘angels’ will preach the gospel to every person on earth?

Why are the 2 witnesses described as the 2 candlesticks and the 2 olive trees? What connection does the candlestick and the olive tree have to Enoch and Elijah? These represent 2 peoples, not 2 people. We are God’s witnesses that will declare his word with flames of fire.

Who is Jacob (Jacob’s trouble)? We are Jacob, we are Israel, those that are in Jesus Christ. Not some plot of land on the other side of the map with Jewish Mystic Kabbalist secret society Jews created by the Rothschilds. We are God’s people….New Covenant, we are also the ‘church’, his people where he dwells, not buildings made with human hands. The Jews have to come to the Father the same way we do. He who climbs up some other way is the same as a thief and a robber.

Jacobs trouble is a time where there is going to be REAL trouble for those who follow after Jesus Christ, the tribulation. We are God’s witnesses. If everyone else is gone, where are his true witnesses? I see that we must then incert Enoch and Elijah, or Moses into the picture to make this work. No……..We are the witnesses, those who are Christian and those Jews that claim Jesus as their Messiah. We are the candlesticks and the olive trees, not two prophets of the OT..

Question: Do you think that the nation of Israel is holy today, or that the Temple that will be built is ordained by God in the first place?

How do you come to the conclusion that the church is absent after Rev. 3?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nlouise

Let God be God.

I agree. Only God can be God. I didn't take his response to mean that we are God.
I know that we will never be 'God', that would be absolutely crazy.

Not just crazy, I DON'T want the JOB! Imagine having to hear every prayer of every person every day, holding every atom in place by your will. God's duties are mind-blowing and we can't even fathom 1% of them.

I for sure have no desire to be God.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Why were both Elijah (who did not taste death) and Moses (who died) seen with Jesus at the mountain of transfiguration?

Moses represents the Law and Elijah the prophets.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join