It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manual on How to Molest Children Is Legal, Cops Say

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Everyone should buy it and teach their children how to avoid this #.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Just give the "mules" name out and I will be more than happy to castrate him.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It's not that all speech is acceptable. However, it must be said that a disturbing "Manual" of this type is not the cause of molestation, it's a product.

I will say that sexual dysfunction is the norm in the US. That's not an absolute statement - so I don't mean that, for example, homosexuality as a whole is dysfunctional or that sex only after 18 years of age (to the day and minute) is the only way it can be done as far as right of passage.

Instead of even focusing on the manual, why not focus on the root causes of molestation in the first place. There's a lot of anonymity in the US when it comes to sex. That doesn't work, but yet it tends to be the norm: one-night stands from people you meet at a night club, pedophiles in vans seeking out random children, posting on craigslist for random sexual encounters and the list goes on and on. The anonymity destroys the sex, which is only peripheral to the scenario, which - depending on the case - probably has more to do with mental and social illnesses that disturb the people that engage in them.

When it comes to pedophilia, it's important to remember that the pedophile does not attack children because he is a monster. Of course it's not that easy. He attacks children because he had something happen to him. Nevertheless, the easiest way to rationalize the interaction between the disturbed adult man (or woman in some cases) and the child is to see the child as the sole victim, and not both as victims.

In Miami, about a year ago, there was a big up-roar because of a squatter city of ex-sex offenders under the bridge over Biscayne Bay. So, they've served their time as set by the State, yet they were still non-persons when it came to their right to exist somewhere...anywhere. What do we do with these people? Are they not reformable? Probably not to the standards society would like to see. I think that sort of reform comes from the ground up and means a complete overhauling of societal structure (and not just concerning sexual desire).

The manual as symptom is pointless to attack as those who would molest would still molest despite the existence of the manual.

Strike that...

The manual may create the impetus for a wavering, would-be molester to attempt a first-try. If that's the case, the issue already existed in his head before the manual was made available to him. We need to get to these people and help them before they perpetuate the cycle.

In reality, giving the manual press actually makes it bigger than it would have been. Making it more taboo, makes it more desirable to those curious people who might want to try molesting.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Lol, thank you. I have made many phone calls and sent emails to people on issuse I read from ATS but I usually hit dead ends and actually have to inform the person who answers the call as to what is going on in their neighborhood

For instance a FEMA operator didn't know they have "Risk Assessment Maps" and didn't know who Thad Allen was either.
This issue was right around the corner so I was able to ask a few questions and can still ask more if needed

sl

edit to add....I could u2u anyone with names and numbers who wish to call and ask questions to the sergeant.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by sweetliberty]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't believe the "Detective Phillip Graves" mentioned exists.

No policeman or detective can decide whether or not something is legal. If they could, they could jail people without needing to take them to court. Police are aware of this, so they won't connect their names and reputations with trash like this book when only a court of law can decide on its legality.

It's illegal to incite a person to commit a crime.

I'm not saying this book does incite people to molest, but the possibility is there, and only a properly constituted court could make a legal ruling on the matter.

It's easy to invent a name. It's even easy to attatch a real phone number to a name and pretend to be whatever "authority" you want. You can list yourself under any name you want in the phone book, no proof of identity is required.

However, legal or not, it's not the books on pedophilia we need to burn, it's the practicing paedophiles. Some people say it's a sickness and we should sympathise with these thieves of innocence who ruin lives. Yes, I'll sympathise with anyone who has these inclinations and therefore keeps themselves away from children and never ever acts out their fantasies. But any who can't refrain should kill themselves rather than harm a child, and any who won't refrain should be drawn and quartered, impaled, burnt at the stake, shot and drowned.

- And worst of all are those who try to spread the lie that sex with adults is not harmful to children.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did you not read SweetLiberty's posts? Click the link above. She also posted a link to the whole local story. Did you take the initiative to call anyone and ask if the story was real?

Suicide is illegal, but suicide manuals are common.

Stealing a car is illegal, but how-to-steal cars videos and books are common.

Cannibalism is illegal, but cannibal cookbooks are common.

Drugs are illegal, but how to find/make/distribute/spot/store drug books are common.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hate to say it, but banning this book would serve no purpose. It is not being published by any conventional means so the vermin who want to get their hands on a copy are already going through covert means. Considering that possession of the thing could/should be considered just cause to do a full search of your home/computer, I'm sure the swine in question are already going through several layers of obfuscation. Banning it would do nothing to change its current distribution model.

And in the end it comes down to exactly what's already been said here. Make one book illegal and you set a precedent to make all books illegal. You CAN, however, make possession of certain How-To Manuals just cause for further warranted investigation.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Thank you x 1000 for following up on those calls.
Glad you got through where I could not.
I think it's fair to say we all appreciative of your effort and time and money spent. Applause to you and then some.

Collectively I'd like to thank all who've participated in the thread.

Needless to say this issue is a conundrum.

I want to say BAN!
But, the ramifications are just too brutal.

I want to draw a line - but if we do - a line will be drawn through net neutrality and more.

I want to scream from the rooftops - but - what would that accomplish? Nothing but feeding hysteria.

Once again the weight of the mater goes back on the shoulders of the parents and family of children.

If we don't protect their tomorrows, tomorrows free from the abuse and tyranny of censorship, they'll have no hope. None at all.

Please...

Educate them.

Support them.

BELIEVE THEM.

Love them.

peace

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I watched the video, and noticed the downloading of this manual is being traced, and it's stated that the only reason for downloading it would be if the person downloading or possessing this "did not have an interest in offending children".

So I'd advise people to not look at it, for fear they, or someone else with access to their computer, gets targeted by the police as a suspect for having it.

By the way, regarding any information about how to commit a crime, it becomes illegal if a court rules it is inciting a crime, and not before. The legality or otherwise of any other book is irrelevant unless it is considered by the court to be similar and a previous court ruling has already created a legal precedant regarding it.

[edit on 7/9/10 by Kailassa]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
I'm horrified by the juxtaposition here.

Banning the book/manual would set an unacceptable precedent.

Allow 'how to' manuals on child molestation? Even more unacceptable.

Where's the answer?
I mean, when are lawmakers going to get to work and make crimes against children so sever people will think twice before producing something like this!

But we can't start it by banning books (manuals) either.

A *bleep* I'm back to the endless run around again! We ban that book - it opens for banning other books... Grrr!

[edit on 6-9-2010 by silo13]

Apologies if I am only half informed. I can't bring myself to read the whole article or research etc. So I will comment on your post.

Yes..freedom of Speech etc.

But the free market still operates...Whoever makes the book available for download...Ask the Webhost company to drop them/shut them down. Anywhere the manuel is available, hold a flame to the ISP/Web Hostong company that makes it possible? they can still make free choices.

Also...hopefully already happening...but the cops should be tracking who downloads the manual and following up.

At the very least they should be saying that they are investigating folks who download it...if for no ther reason than to discourage people from doing it.

4chan (hackers) or was it "anonymous" made it thier hobby to track down child molestors and even got a couple of them arrested. They should be crashing these sites and finding the author...just my opinion.

I think I heard convicted child molestors are banned from the internet?

Thier are other forces to bring to the table.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This is real shocking as this only goes to show you that pedophiles may be very organized.. I heard that pedophiles even have special jewelry for sale on the internet to indicate whether they prefer boys or girls to others.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Banning books is no good, but setting up a trap to catch those who are prepared to live out their fantasies is an optiion, You can fantasize what yo want buyt when it comes to harming - catch them and make them suffer,

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
As sick as it is, it's freedom of speech. The same freedom that allows people to talk and create content supporting illegal botanicals.

The best defense against sexual assaults is education.

This includes understanding what is going on in "enemy's" mind.

Accept that this content exists and use it to your advantage for your own defense. Throwing a fit and trying to change reality is a mismanage of your own insecurities. Learn to adapt.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Scarcer]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Wait a minute. Japanese comic books that depict kids/young teenagers having sex is illegal, but instruction manuals that teach adults how to molest children is not illegal?

Stop the world, this place makes no sense.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

books.google.com... &hl=en&ei=w86GTJj9HoS0lQfY_OWYDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CDYQ6AEwBzhk#v=onepage&q=how%20to%20molest%20children%20manual&f=false
Carla van Dam PhD 161 pages/ This is a link to a book that is listed as "how to molest children manual" and is laid out in the same manner as detailed by police.

[edit on 073030p://pm3011 by debris765nju]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I watched the video, and noticed the downloading of this manual is being traced, and it's stated that the only reason for downloading it would be if the person downloading or possessing this "did not have an interest in offending children".

So I'd advise people to not look at it, for fear they, or someone else with access to their computer, gets targeted by the police as a suspect for having it.

Hi Hi - Thanks for your reply (again).
Ok, I'm not nitpicking just asking as I read through your reply and got a bit confused. Maybe it was a type error on your part.
You're saying the people who download the manual do or do not have an interest in molestation?

Regardless I would be most hesitant to have anything of this nature on my computer. Even if my intent was to help children. I think most of us would agree with you on that.

As for your (muchly appreciated) comment on the ways the judicial system could set a precedent for this manual being an 'incitement' to commit crime. I guess that means we're still not out of the woods when it comes to net neutrality. But that is no shocker either.

Thanks again
peace

peace

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

But the free market still operates...Whoever makes the book available for download...Ask the Webhost company to drop them/shut them down. Anywhere the manuel is available, hold a flame to the ISP/Web Hostong company that makes it possible? they can still make free choices.

It's not that I don't agree with you... I'm just not sure if that isn't the same as supporting Internet Censorship and I personally couldn't be a part of that. If I could I'd be spending every moment of my spare time attacking NAMBLA.

peace

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Stateless Person

Banning books is no good, but setting up a trap to catch those who are prepared to live out their fantasies is an optiion, You can fantasize what yo want buyt when it comes to harming - catch them and make them suffer,

Sure, it's all fine and good to think about when in the context of 'setting a trap' for pedophiles. But after that becomes an Internet wide accepted process - what's next?
Satanist sites?
Share your nudie picts with friends sites?
How to get out of paying illegal taxes sites?

Ok so I'm not too good at using my imagination on examples but I think you see what I'm getting at.

peace

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Wait a minute. Japanese comic books that depict kids/young teenagers having sex is illegal, but instruction manuals that teach adults how to molest children is not illegal?

As Benevolent Heretic pointed out in an earlier reply, the manual doesn't contain any pictures. There's the difference, though I agree, it's a bit insane.

peace

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

So you've got the link to the manual.

Made me hitch my breath there a bit.

I know the police say it's legal but I would STRONGLY CAUTION people NOT to download the book.

What a hornets nest that could open up.

Thank you, I mean that, for going to the trouble of finding and posting the link, and it's not like we're not all adults here so we'll have to rely on people using common sense when downloading and viewing the material.

peace

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join