It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manual on How to Molest Children Is Legal, Cops Say

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Did you even to bother reading the begining of this thread.. I have not changed my opinion one time throughout. Maybe you should have read through the whole thread before wrapping me in a label and shipping me out.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

What was I saying about Appeal to Authority?

(My second line)

My third line, if you don't like the book don't buy it.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I should point out that something similar to this has happened before regarding the publication of a book. The book was named "Hit Man: A Technical Manual for Independent Contractors". This was a how to on assassinating people for profit and after someone used it as a manual to kill people the book was banned and the publisher asked to destroy all copies.

Kind of ridiculous really. If someone wants to become a hitman and is able to kill then the manual isn't exactly going to anything, they will kill people, the intent is already there. It's like a serial killer, does anyone think a manual on how to be a serial killer would make anyone into a serial killer?

What utter nonsense.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

Did you even to bother reading the begining of this thread.. I have not changed my opinion one time throughout. Maybe you should have read through the whole thread before wrapping me in a label and shipping me out.

I read the thread and i simply criticised you for saying that thoughts should be punishable. You seem to hate people using reason and logic

edit on 8-10-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

I am confused .. Where did I say that about authority?

I will not buy it.. And NEVER said the thing should be banned.. I am being attacked because i said -

An adult that is turned on by children should do the planet a favor and kill themselves. Period!

Never once I have I stated that this book should be banned.. I really wish people with such strong convictions had a strong curiosity of that, that they are arguing.
edit on 8-10-2010 by Mobius1974 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

An adult that is turned on by children should do the planet a favor and kill themselves. Period!

Never once I have I stated that this book should be banned.. I really wish people with such strong convictions had a strong curiosity of that, that they are arguing.

Yeah and i have really really criticised you for saying that someones thoughts should lead to their arrest/death. Indeed if we are to use such logic then you need to be locked up damn fast because you said somethign quite threatening earlier.

You said it's lucky we're not all in the same room for this debate because you're so fired up, that sounds threatening, as if you would attack someone, that means you have had a violent thought and therefore you should be arrested and thrown in jail, this is of course if we apply your own logic for what constitutes a legally punishable crime.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Now your going to make generalizations about my entire character.. really, a person cant have a very strong view on a specific subject, without hate being involved? I better re-write that or you'll stick on the word "hate."

You have told me where you find my opinion to be wrong.. Why exactly are you chasing this so bad? You wont change my view. I now have all of your thoughts on my opinion.. If you have more.. Give em to me.. I am very interested in your opinion.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I am confused .. Where did I say that about authority?

Appeal to authority is a fallacious argument.

"John Adams" would not like that book, so we should not like that book.
(Laymans adaptation.)

I will not buy it.. And NEVER said the f'ing thing should be banned.. I am being attacked because i said -

Really? That is all you said? (Serious!)

I missed that post, I thought you were on the "ban"wagon. Ignore me!

I think your opinion is quite valid, and I have nothing negative to say against it.

I have strong convictions, but I only said the ban thing once

I am sorry, I was mistaken. Your stance is just as valid as mine, or another. That is your liberty, and well I am no hypocrite!

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Yeah and i have really really criticised you for saying that someones thoughts should lead to their arrest/death. Indeed if we are to use such logic then you need to be locked up damn fast because you said somethign quite threatening earlier.

Really, where?

You said it's lucky we're not all in the same room for this debate because you're so fired up, that sounds threatening, as if you would attack someone, that means you have had a violent thought and therefore you should be arrested and thrown in jail, this is of course if we apply your own logic for what constitutes a legally punishable crime.

Who is grasping at straws now?

Sound threatening or is "quite threatening" which is it?... I dont think people are so ballsy when they are face to face with a person.. I feel that keyboard courage is very high around here.

Do you think that you would be so quick to say things to a father of an abused child to his face? Do you think the guy that said "I dont care if a child is hurt by this book" would do the same?

Do you feel that all people that appreciate face to face conversation are out to cause violence? I simply think that peoples harsh words are diminished when they are face to face with a victim of the crime that they are constitutionaly defending? Maybe I am wrong.. I am sure you will point out any differences in our opinions.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Now your going to make generalizations about my entire character.. really, a person cant have a very strong view on a specific subject, without hate being involved? I better re-write that or you'll stick on the word "hate."

Hey now don't try and manipulate the situation to wriggle out of it, this here is what you said

I am extremely fired up right now.. It is a good thing that this is not a discussion where we are all in the same room.

That is a thinly disguised threat, otherwise what would being in the same room achieve that can't be achieved here online? I wasn't generalising about your character, only commenting on something you said.

You have told me where you find my opinion to be wrong.. Why exactly are you chasing this so bad? You wont change my view. I now have all of your thoughts on my opinion.. If you have more.. Give em to me.. I am very interested in your opinion.

Erm i only reply to things you say, if you didn't reply i would have nothing to comment on, i am not chasing anything just responding. This is how a debate works, i gave up years ago thinking i could change anyones mind with a debate, it's just far to rare, but the debate is interesting.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Do you feel that all people that appreciate face to face conversation are out to cause violence? I simply think that peoples harsh words are diminished when they are face to face with a victim of the crime that they are constitutionaly defending? Maybe I am wrong.. I am sure you will point out any differences in our opinions.

Lets be clear, no i wouldn't discuss this with friends in real life because quite simply people assume the worst and react like yourself. Most people will shoot straight to emotion on this issue and assume someone defending free speech in this situation must be up to something.

No one wants to even risk being accused of that one, sad but true and it's why society needs to allow more open debate on it.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I did not ask you to clarify ... I asked where I made any mention of that.. Or was that just a way for you to write one of your "catch phrases"?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Hey now don't try and manipulate the situation to wriggle out of it, this here is what you said

I am extremely fired up right now.. It is a good thing that this is not a discussion where we are all in the same room.

That is a thinly disguised threat, otherwise what would being in the same room achieve that can't be achieved here online? I wasn't generalising about your character, only commenting on something you said.

Why did you leave out my explanation as to what i felt the benefit of face to face was? Did this not fit your agenda?

Erm i only reply to things you say, if you didn't reply i would have nothing to comment on, i am not chasing anything just responding. This is how a debate works, i gave up years ago thinking i could change anyones mind with a debate, it's just far to rare, but the debate is interesting.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Lol, way to accept an apology!

And no, in my first post I predicted "appeal to authority".

I still apologize, for misunderstanding you. I hope you didn't miss that part of my post.

As for the topic, I am not surprised. Actually, I almost don't care. I mean, I care, but what the heck can I do against this. Look at the thinking in this thread alone, I imagine the real world numbers are staggering.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

See I am not seing what you are.. I am yet to see a post that supports banning this book.
edit: I guess the few days I missed, allot of people want to know how it is legal.....I dont agree! If we ban this ..it wont stop here. I get that part.

Maybe I missed something... I am sorry if I missed an apology.. I am now stuck in severly angry mode, and finding it hard to abandon it.
Edit:
yep I missed it, ma bad.. apology accepted...I need to go out and express my love for all things green!.. Be back later!

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Wait, so now you want to make a new debate on whether or not the "ban"wagon exists?

That's okay, I don't want to fight. You have a fun time being angry, I am sorry about the earlier misunderstanding (maybe not so much now though...just being honest!)

Um..yeah...I am out unless I feel like coming back in.

(Read through the thread, if you don't see the "ban"wagon, well then the goggles truly do nothing.)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Shall we get back on topic now?

Do we have freedom of speech and thought? Yes

Therefore as long as they don't hurt anyone they cannot and should not be arrested, nor should they kill themselves. To call for violence against someone who has commited no crime speaks volumes about you.

edit on 8-10-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

This really is the definition of being on the horns of a dilemma. I cant & wont support censorship of any kind, but I'm disgusted. The only positive I can see in this is that, if parents read this "manual", they may be better equipped to teach their children the difference between a friendly adult & a POS.
I do wonder tho, what happened to teaching kids to stand on their own 2 feet? My parents taught me that if anyone tried to touch me or get me to touch them "down there", or got hold of me in a way that made me scared, it was ok to hurt them (this backfired on my dad, who was a violent man). I used to go to school alone on a public bus aged 4.
I told my kids pretty much this:
"You know when you jump on us [the parents] for a cuddle, or a tickling sesh? Its ok to do that with friends, but there are some adults that might want to play that game you've seen us playing thats just for adults & there are some people who are just horrible, so they might try to hurt you. If someone tries to touch your [euphemisms] or wants you to touch theirs, then you hurt them, scream your head off & run off as fast as you can. If you cant find an adult you trust, run into the nearest pub & tell them whats happened. Even tho you're little, you can stop any adult by poking them as hard as you can in both eyes at once. If they've got a good grip of you, pick up whatever's nearby & whack them on the hands with it, then run. If you cant get away, you scream as loud as you can. You dont listen to anything they say. I'm your dad, not them. Anyway, it'll probably never happen 'cause your not daft enough to let someone near you without telling us about it, are you? Come 'ere then & give us a squash (ie hug)!"

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I am wondering if you have amnesia. Do you remember typing that same thought now about 10 times? You are taking pleasure in riling me up. I understand your view on this. I disagree with your view. What else do we have to discuss?

I should know better. There are some subjects that I cannot for the life of me, seperate emotions and logic... This is one of those subjects. Have a great day.. You and I have nothing left to discuss, that has not been touched on 10 to 12 times. I say with all honesty. I hope that none of your loved ones are ever hurt by a child predator...

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I am wondering if you have amnesia. Do you remember typing that same thought now about 10 times? You are taking pleasure in riling me up. I understand your view on this. I disagree with your view. What else do we have to discuss?

I should know better. There are some subjects that I cannot for the life of me, seperate emotions and logic... This is one of those subjects. Have a great day.. You and I have nothing left to discuss, that has not been touched on 10 to 12 times. I say with all honesty. I hope that none of your loved ones are ever hurt by a child predator...

I have repeated myself to see if you could come up with anything new to defend your stance, but yes i am making the mistake of asking for logic and reason when you only have emotional responses. So yeah if it's all emotion that your arguments are based on then we can't take it any further i guess.

As for someone hurting my loved ones, well if that happened i wouldn't be reasoned and logical, i would be out to kill them, but that is why we don't allow victims to sit on juries i guess. I would love to say i could be calm and logical and apply the law in that situation but no sorry i would explode with rage.

And no i was not trying to rile you up and i was not taking pleasure in your anger, just for the record i mean.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join