It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manual on How to Molest Children Is Legal, Cops Say

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
reply to post by silo13

There is no way this is legal. It's illegal to encourage others to commit a crime, and that's exactly what this book is doing. Hard to believe the authorities can't see this!

There are plenty of books telling eople how to mix explosive compounds and they are legal, but what use would such a compound be to anyone in society other than to blow something up? There are books telling you exactly where to strike a person to kill them. There are books which are quite legal that explain how to grow drugs of all kinds and/or process them. All of these things are crimes if committed but the information is legal.

For example in the UK it's legal to buy a book about growing marijuana, it's legal to buy the seeds, it's legal to buy the growing equipment but it's illegal to actually grow it.

The book is horrible, but i don't see how it should be illegal.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Your logic could not be more flawed...
A person thinks about robbing a bank, because he is in need of money. A murderer kills for religious cause ,war,anger,theft or profit. Period!

These are crimes...
Having thoughts of a child, that cause an arousal... is reprehensible. A person will only be able to supress those thoughts for so long. My children should not be walking this planet with adults, that would pray on them. I should not have to carry around that fear that one of these creepers are going to lose control.

edit on 6-10-2010 by Mobius1974 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974

Your logic could not be more flawed...
A person thinks about robbing a bank, because he is in need of money. A murderer kills for religious cause ,war,anger,theft or profit. Period!

These are crimes...
Having thoughts of a child, that cause an arousal... is reprehensible. A person will only be able to supress those thoughts for so long. My children should not be walking this planet with adults, that would pray on them. I should not have to carry around that fear that one of these creepers are going to lose control.

edit on 6-10-2010 by Mobius1974 because: (no reason given)

Sorry but not only is your logic flawed it's objectively wrong, yes the actions are crimes, murder, bank robbery etc, but the thoughts are not.

You stated that people should be arrested for the thoughts, BEFORE they ever commit a crime, assuming they will commit the crime. Therefore if someone thinks about robbing a bank they should be arrested despite the fact most people don't go robbing banks despite thinking about it. Simply stating "they will act on these thoughts PERIOD" doesn't make it true.

I find it astounding that you would believe someone will act on thoughts they have. Tons of people right now are suffering financially and i bet you every penny i have that some, indeed quite a few have thought about crime and yet they don't do it. Not because they are simply good people but they fear the penalty if they actually go through with it.

As long as these people don't touch a child or view images of a sexual nature involving children then they cannot be convicted under any existing law, nor should a law be put in place that allows prosecution for thought crimes. If that is the world you want there is something very very wrong with you. I guess you are one of those people who abandons freedom for safety.

As for these people walking the world, sorry but they always will until we find some form of cure, and i believe with the current progress of neuroscience we might just find that cure. However like many parents you are rather uninformed about the issue. You know that most abusers know their victims right? Family members, friends of the family etc. So start watching those you know instead of fearing the stranger danger nonsense that is incredibly rare.

If they act upon their thoughts should be imprisoned for life, preferably under the mental health act.
edit on 6-10-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Imprisoned for life? I should pay to feed them and house them? Take a leap creep!!!! Thoughts lead to actions..
We are not talking about the thought of robery. We are talking about a sexual urge... Only comparable to a chemical addiction. The statistics are staggering.. You may not agree, but it does not change my opinion. I want them all dead.. painfully and violently. Period! You think they should be coddled and ignored until they kidnap rape and kill an innocent child.

Kill - em - all

I am not blanketing the entire justice system.. Just kid touchers.. They are broken humans. I am starting to think that you are sympathetic to their flight.. Are you one of these people that are suppressing thoughts? Have you looked at the statistics? Have you heard them talk about their crimes? The urges engulf their thoughts.. They explode, and a family is destroyed...

I respect that you have compassion for all people. I respect that our opinions differ.. But I am very firm on my view...

Here is where I stand.. Lets say my brother had these urges.. Lets say I found out he touched my baby girl.. I would not call the cops.. I would take him fishing.. Blow his brains out and use it as chum... No guilt included. The only negative feeling I would have, is the fear of getting caught and being kept from seeing my kids.

To me, my kids are more important than you, me and the rest of the world.

I am very firm.. Kid touchers are broken humans..

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Imprisoned for life? I should pay to feed them and house them? Take a leap creep!!!! Thoughts lead to actions..
We are not talking about the thought of robery. We are talking about a sexual urge... Only comparable to a chemical addiction. The statistics are staggering.. You may not agree, but it does not change my opinion. I want them all dead.. painfully and violently. Period! You think they should be coddled and ignored until they kidnap rape and kill an innocent child.

Thoughts lead to actions, always? Sorry but that's factually incorrect. Thoughts can lead to actions yep, but they don't always lead to actions. As for chemical addiction well that's itneresting you bring it up because it's not quite the same. Drug addicts can often be helped and prevented from abusing their substance of choice but paedophiles who actually offend tend to do so again and again. This is the issue you don't quite get, probably because you haven't read much about it or even general psychology.

There is a barrier, a psychological one. Once it's crossed it becomes easy to cross again but for many people they won't cross that barrier. This goes for everything, from crimes like theft all the way to rape and paedophilia. This is why if the person ever actually touches a child they should be put away for life and it's why thoughts won't always lead to actions.

Killing is not justice, it's emotional reaction and the law is not supposed to be emotional, it's supposed to be cold and logical. Check out the figures for countries with the death penalty and you find they have higher crime and reoffending rates. No one is sure why but one thing is clear, if you are facing the death penalty you will kill your victims to prevent them testifying against you. So your call for the death penalty may result in these people killing more of their victims to prevent being caught.

I am not blanketing the entire justice system.. Just kid touchers.. They are broken humans. I am starting to think that you are sympathetic to their flight.. Are you one of these people that are suppressing thoughts? Have you looked at the statistics? Have you heard them talk about their crimes? The urges engulf their thoughts.. They explode, and a family is destroyed...

I wondered how long you would take to suggest such a thing, it's classic whenever someone is losing an argument they bring this up as if defending freedom of speech and freedom of thought is wrong. I have at no point defended people who actually touch children, nor would i associate with someone who admitted to me they had such thoughts. But i will not support prison for people who do not actually commit a crime.

Why are you singling out the thoughts of kid touchers? People have rape fantasies you know, more than you think, others have simple violent fantasies. Why are you not calling for these people to also be imprisoned? Sorry but you can't make special rules in law for such things.

Thoughts are thoughts, they hurt no one unless acted upon.

I respect that you have compassion for all people. I respect that our opinions differ.. But I am very firm on my view...

I'm firm on mine, because i base it in logic, statistics and the experiences of people who have spent years studying these individuals. I respect your right to hold your view but i won't respect your opinion when it's based in emotion without any form of evidence.

Here is where I stand.. Lets say my brother had these urges.. Lets say I found out he touched my baby girl.. I would not call the cops.. I would take him fishing.. Blow his brains out and use it as chum... No guilt included. The only negative feeling I would have, is the fear of getting caught and being kept from seeing my kids.

To me, my kids are more important than you, me and the rest of the world.

I am very firm.. Kid touchers are broken humans..

Hey now this is the problem, you are moving the goalposts. Yes i agree if someone touches a child then prison for life, ok you would kill them but either way they are out of the public arena and unable to harm children. These people should be punished because they have commited a crime. My problem with your view, apart from the death penalty is that you promote punishing people for the thoughts in their heads, this is wrong on every level and the law goes out of it's way to say you can't punish people for this sort of thing.

Btw to come up with the idea you just did you had to think about murdering someone in cold blood. Why is that thought legally ok and not require punishment? Cold blooded murderers are right up there with paedophiles in the scumbag leagues.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

Typical, insinuate something about the peson you are debating with and walk off as if you've proven your point. Nope i don't get turned on by kids, that doesn't mean i'll instantly start saying anyone with thoughts in their head should be imprisoned/killed. As long as they don't hurt anyone then leave them alone, the moment they touch a child then say goodbye to any rights they have.

As for not touching on this subject, well tbh this is one subject that needs more discussion in a careful, non emotional manner because right now it's always tried in the media or succumbs to the ramblings of overly emotional people. Parents are being scared about the dangers to their children, as if there is a boogey monster around every corner despite things getting less dangerous.
edit on Thu Oct 7 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: replace quoted post with "reply to" code

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Aparently this place has become so governed that you cant even express your opinion without micro-managment..

It doesnt change anything.. If you touch kids.. You should die..
If you think about touching kids you should kill yourself immediatly - painfully and violently! PERIOD!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I think it was more the personal insults and accusations that are not allowed.

Ok lets get this straight shall we. Yes if someone touches a child in a sexual manner then that person needs to be put in prison for the remainder of their life. You want them to be killed but in the end we agree they need to be removed from society one way or another. Also if they obtain material of a sexual nature that involves children they should be imprisoned for life.

My issue is with you saying if these people think such things but never offend they should be arrested or kill themselves. Quite simply why? If they only have the thoughts then they are harming no one and as such, while horrible to think they have that in their mind they are not harming anyone at all. So you're doing the typical thing of reacting emotionally without any form of logic involved.

As stated above, some people have rape fantasies, rape is illegal so should these people also kill themselves? Other people have brutally violent fantasies, should these people be imprisoned as well? You see that's the slippery slope.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Yes if someone touches a child in a sexual manner then that person needs to be put in prison for the remainder of their life.

What is the Distinction between Child and Adult?

Legally... what is the Cutoff Point?

And how would you defend THAT age, against the rest of the world that has Other Ideas...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a98e7c59c916.png[/atsimg]

Who is Right?

Who is Wrong?

And Why?

These are the Big Questions of the Debate.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

It's really very simple tbh, i support a staggered system with a fully legal age of 16. I choose 16 because many people are ready for sex at that point, emotionally speaking. Some aren't of course but they can choose not to have sex. The staggered system works by saying that if you are below 16 you can have sex with someone a couple of years outside of your age. This way it prevents two 14 year olds who have sex ending up on the sex offenders register.

So a 12 year old could have sex with a 14 year old or 10 year old, a 15 year old could sleep with a 13 year old or 17 year old etc. This range allows for the overlap. When people hit 18 they would only legally be able to sleep with people who were 16+. The simple fact is that two 15 year olds having sex will probably be doing it because they both want to, whereas a 40 year old having sex with a 15 year old will usually be an abusive or manipulative relationship.

I think that's a sensible system. While i understand that other societies allow sex between 10 year olds and 40 year old men i think this will change as time goes by. It's an older philosophy that will die out.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I appreciate the Well reasoned nature of your post, and I respect your opinion on the matter.

I wonder, however, at the apparent trap that you are setting with the "2 year staggering" when High school is typically comprised of 4 distinct Grades.

Smells like Blow-back to me...

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

There is i believe room for movement within the years i posted and i'd happily debate it. What really needs to be addressed is that kids are having sex and then, when caught, are being put on the sex offenders register, utterly destroying their lives. Something does need to be sorted about that.

As for the older men and women who seek out children, that's a very different thing, hence why i believe the upper age for someone having sex with a 15 year old should be 18-19 at most. A 15 year old might find a 30 year old really fun and attractive but the 30 year old probably thinks of the child as nothing more than a sex object. I am sure there are exceptions but we have to create and stick to rules that work to protect the majority.

Anyone above 18 found to be breaking these laws would need to be imprisoned for life, minimum sentence. I'm rather tired of the pathetic sentences handed down to paedophiles. Often sitting around the 8 year mark, i mean seriously what the hell is that.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Never offend- I say - just havent acted YET or havent been caught. It is an illness - They are broken humans.

And it wasnt insults - He thought I was telling YOU to kill yourself. I did not insult or call you names. You can lead a horse to water, but you cant change his comprehension level.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

just havent acted YET or havent been caught. It is an illness - They are broken humans.

Thought Crime?

Ladies and Gentlemen!

Welcome to Two Minutes Hate.

-Edrick
edit on 8-10-2010 by Edrick because: Under the spreading Chestnut tree, I sold you, and You sold me.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

look you 2.. Have I proposed a method for tracking down these "thinker?" I am simply telling readers what I think of them.. Now drop the arrogance and realize .. There is no way to enforce this..You 2 need to go invest your time somewhere else.

Should people who are turned on by kids be punished? Yes!!! Am I law enforcment? nope. Am I working on a bill to pass a law for "thought crimes" ?? Nope. So move on and take your opinion away from my posts.. I am expressing my opinion.. Thats all.

If I knew Corky was going to pick apart my post, I would have specified that I do not agree with 99.9999999999 percent of the idea of thought crimes..

But if a person is turned on by a child.. IMO

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hey, wait! THIS IS GOOD NEWS PEOPLE! Now I can finally write that manual about how to assassinate child molesters, hide their bodies and get away with it. Thanks first amendment

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Personally if I ever met the person who would write something like this manual, I would punch him / her in the face. I have zero patience for violent crimes against children,

However books don't do these things to children people do. I would rather not ban one book to open up a gate to other writings to be condemned. Who is the judge on where the line will be?

My thought is the best thing societey can do is make punishment for crimes like child molestation (terrorism, ect. all the books mentioned on this thread) VERY severe.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

To get on here and pick apart the "thought crime" portion is simply YOU thinking your opinion trumps all others.

Should people who are turned on by kids be punished? Yes!

You aren't someone's kid?

Isn't Everyone Someones Kid?

I applaud your Conviction toward safeguarding The Children and all.....

But you are trying to legislate a Feeling.

The ACTION is one thing.... and already a crime.

But you should not allow The State, Jurisdiction to Police your Feelings.

It is a Poor Idea.

-Edrick (Just saying... Walk Softly.)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Never mind, the point I am making is lost on you. I am NOT looking to put into place a law that imprisons people for thoughts... I am giving my opinion. Nothing more nothing less. If a "CHILD" (if we are going to become COMPLETELY petty about wording) turns you on.. You are broken and I wish you unbelievably painfull death.. Period..

You can argue right and wrong. You can argue ways to enforce.. I am sinply giving my opinion, and you and the other person that wishes to hold an argument on right and worng are missing my point.

I also fear that you are missing the facts.
• More than 1/2 of all convicted sex offenders are sent back to prison within a year. Within 2 years, 77.9% are back.
• The behavior is highly repetitive, to the point of compulsion, rather than resulting from a lack of judgment.
-Dr. Ann Burges, Dr. Nicholas Groth, et al. in a study of imprisoned offenders.

These scum bags can only repress their thoughts of action for so long. So when I say that the ones that think of doing it , should be killed, I am giving my opinion. Nothing more nothing less.

You are not approaching this as, giving your opinion. You are attempting to inform me of how mine is flawed. I did not request this attention from you, nor will your opinion change mine.

An entire life is ruined by one sickos actions.

Ok here is how deep my conviction goes.

Lets say I was at the park ... I notice a man looking at my daughter and licking his lips and touching himself.. I would follow him home and kill him. Period!..

If you can change that opinion...have at it.

I have a neice that is going to be forever affected by another cousins actions.. If my neice was my child....that cousin would be dead .. Period! My neices dad is a police officer and apparently has a much more level head than myself.
I am compulsive - He would not spend another day breathing if it were my daughter.

Do sex offenders ALWAYS do it again? No they dont. Why do we keep them away from kids permanently? The statistics show SOME of them can stop the urges.

Now statistics show that SOME pedo's can control themselves... Should they be allowed around our kids, awaiting their one slip up of self control? I say no.. You say , give them the benefit of the doubt.

I have no plan on locking them up... But I sure wish i knew who THEY were. Then I could make a decision to keep my babies away from them.

Here I am, sucked back into this discussion.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join