It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to find out if you have another username you forgot about here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I was looking at site statistics and noticed only 54 percent of member accounts here have ever posted. Then I started wondering if it's possible I created another account or member name here and forgot about it without posting anything to that account. Is there any way to tell? My email address has changed from 2004 so if an email was sent to my old email address, I may not get it. I was just wondering if anyone could clarify?

I guess I was also wondering why so many accounts never have any posts to them. That line of thinking made me wonder how many members created multiple accounts and forgot about those other accounts or other usernames.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
edit: orionhunter Profile Page Joined a month prior to you. never posted.

reply to post by orionthehunter

2,554 of those other accounts are mine. they are backups in case i get banned.

seriously, you don't know whether you have another account? you don't remember if you joined before, at all?

wasn't it the most beautiful day, an earth moving, religious, spiritual experience? wasn't the day you joined one of the most important and paradigm altering days of your life?

how could one forget such a thing?

OrionSirius Profile Page last visit July 18th, 2003.
or
Orionhunter Profile Page Joined a month prior to you. not too active a history, either.

either sound familiar?

curious. i usually pay attention to detail when i can. how did this character "orionhunter" end up on my friends list if they have never posted one post? mysterious.

hope this helps,
et

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I had one from the early days and I only just remembered what I think the username was so I went searching the members list to see if it was still here, but it wasn't. Either inactive accounts get deleted or it wasn't the right name. I'd be interested in seeing some of those early posts.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses. I'm wondering about Orionhunter. I know I had nothing to do with the other username.

The day I joined was not an Earth shattering day. Of course one day not too long ago I had the first response on a thread that quickly grew to several pages. I wasn't expecting that. I did not know if the additional responses would be 2 people and forgotten or a hundred people.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The best way to find out anything about possible duplicate accounts is to contact staff using the ATS Complaint/Suggestion Form located in the Member Center and get the full attention of the entire Staff, and provide as much information as possible.

[edit on September 7th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

new topics

top topics

join