It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘US should leave Afghanistan before it is defeated totally’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
How is it that a 'discussion'(?) of this type ignores the reality of imperial warmaking in foreign lands... HOW DOES THE IDEA ESCAPE NOTICE that that there are CORPORATE interests, FOREIGN to the Middle East, that are at play here. How is it that we can IGNORE the idea of FALSE-FLAG events / provocations (a proven technique) peppered throughout the history of our relationship with the US's very bestus and most 'special' ally in the region. Several of those false flag events levelled by them against British (then American) 'interests' / assets are proven and have been properly credited already.

Yet none dare call it (gasp) CONSPIRACY!!!!

If you accept the idea that a 'terrorist' group will commit mayhem and deadly violence to achieve a political end, you must also admit that there exists the possibility a third-party will do violence masked to APPEAR as said 'terrorist' group-- again, to achieve a political end. (eg: to keep Christianity and Islam at war in perpetuity.)

The rational, objective observer is forced to ask: Cui Bene? (who gains?)

[edit on 7-9-2010 by AntiShyster]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

No empire in history has ever conquered them.

Where did this disinformation come from. Afghanistan has been conquered many times. Chaldeans, Persians, Greeks, and finally Muhammad, which is why they are mostly Muslim these days.

In addition, the U.S. has already conquered Afghanistan. We control the nation, and all the Taliban can do is make sneaky terrorist attacks. The U.S. has no desire to hang on to control of Afghanistan, it isn't worth the trouble.

The goal of the U.S. is to stabilize a new government to keep the Taliban out of power.

As pointed out, the Taliban are foreign invaders who conquered Afghanistan, so the false claim that Afghanistan can not be conquered is proven to be utter nonsense.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAbsurdum
No empire in history has ever conquered them. These people come from eras of warfare.

Tired old song...

That's last years POP song, change the channel already.

Genghis Khan and Alexander the Great.[Just to mention a couple] But hey they had to almost exterminate them to do so. That's well within the US's capabilities. Won't happen though.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AntiShyster

When I read about the Taliban killing girls and their families for going to school, then I support the war.

When I hear about Iran giving a woman a hundred lashes, and planning on stoning her to death for adultery, then I support fighting Islam, and more and more people feel like me every day.

When I read and see what Muslims are doing in Europe and India, and everywhere else they get established, I support the war even more.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Where did this disinformation come from. Afghanistan has been conquered many times. Chaldeans, Persians, Greeks, and finally Muhammad, which is why they are mostly Muslim these days.

None of them could hold onto it, but you're right I should have said: Empires end in Afghanistan.

Also, I don't think Muhammad was an emperor...

In addition, the U.S. has already conquered Afghanistan. We control the nation, and all the Taliban can do is make sneaky terrorist attacks. The U.S. has no desire to hang on to control of Afghanistan, it isn't worth the trouble.

I disagree. We do not control the northern mountain range that the Taliban control. To get our troops in there would be suicide.

The goal of the U.S. is to stabilize a new government to keep the Taliban out of power.

As pointed out, the Taliban are foreign invaders who conquered Afghanistan, so the false claim that Afghanistan can not be conquered is proven to be utter nonsense.

I my experience Taliban is a mindset, an ideology. The country is far too difficult to control and those people in the mountains are just waiting for history to repeat itself.

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Genghis Khan and Alexander the Great.[Just to mention a couple] But hey they had to almost exterminate them to do so. That's well within the US's capabilities. Won't happen though.

Maybe I just have a different idea of what conquered means, but you have no one left to rule I don't think you've really conquered anything.

I think exterminating them is truly the only way to hold onto that area for any long period of time. As of now it's just a waiting game. Once the country has been 'stabilized' and we pull out, the Taliban will just come back down and overthrow it in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

To end it, I will leave you with this:

‘The Americans should consider the lessons of history… When even the mighty British empire could not impose its will on the people of Afghanistan, how can the Americans, who are just half British, can seek to do so,’ it said.

www.indiatalkies.com...

Thoughts!

oz
[edit on 6-9-2010 by oozyism]

The British suffered a major loss in Afghanistan, just as they had in the sudan, but also enjoyed major victories. The soviets left under gorbie who simply wanted to build a more democratic soviet union.They left an afghan government that held out until the soviet union, ala the US in vietnam withdrew support. The lesson is not that the ussr was defeated. It was not. It's political game and strategy changed and they moved on. The question is whether or not the american pubic has the staying power. It's rather obvious they don't. If you want to consider this a defeat by all means do. We won't see a defeat like the massacre of Elphinstone's army.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

No empire in history has ever conquered them.

Um... get real, the US is there to steal resources and take over contracts of rebuilding the country they destroy... reminds me of IRAQ all over again....

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

What do you mean none of them could hold on to it. The Chaldeans and the Persians held onto it for centuries, as well as the Muslims.

What empire has died in Afghanistan?

No, Muhammad was not an emperor, that would have been too modest for Muhammad, he declared himself the voice of god.

The Northern Mountains are the home of our Allies, not the Taliban. They were fighting against the Taliban before we became involved. The Taliban has survived by crossing into Pakistan.

The Taliban are an invading force, sort of like the U.S, except far more brutal, and they intended on staying in power as long as possible, while the U.S. military would like to pull out.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

What empire has died in Afghanistan?

As far as I have read: The Medo-Persian Empire, Seleucid, Indo-Greeks, Ottoman's which fell alongside Rome, Mongol Empire fell through out that region, the British, and the Soviets.

The Northern Mountains are the home of our Allies, not the Taliban. They were fighting against the Taliban before we became involved. The Taliban has survived by crossing into Pakistan.

The interviews from those people and documentaries about their culture painted a different picture.

The Taliban are an invading force, sort of like the U.S, except far more brutal, and they intended on staying in power as long as possible, while the U.S. military would like to pull out.

From what I know about the people and their culture, Taliban is more of an ideology. If it is true that they are in Pakistan, I don't see anything stopping them from returning when we leave.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Don't flatter yourself.... I left the thread because I have made my point and I do not want to sit and argue with a bunch of people who think they know everything just because they can use google..... I left the thread because of you? HAHA good one.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Afghanistan had nothing to do with the collapse of those empires. They fell under the sword of Muhammad. Those empires had also been beaten by many others, only to rise again from the dead.

Empires always come and go.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02

Don't flatter yourself.... I left the thread because I have made my point and I do not want to sit and argue with a bunch of people who think they know everything just because they can use google..... I left the thread because of you? HAHA good one.

You're the only person in this thread who makes sense.
People are dying just to sound like they know everything, my brother went to Korea,Germany, and Iraq.

Keep up the good work.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join