It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘US should leave Afghanistan before it is defeated totally’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
Is this also your beliefs? Because how are we going to be totally defeated by a bunch of cowards that hide in the mountains and randomly place road side bombs and randomly launch mortars and rockets at our bases? For a total defeat it would take hundreds maybe thousands of years at this rate...

If you'll forgive my impudence, I do believe that is the same complaint the Brits had against the Colonial army in 1776, that fired from behind trees and rocks instead of forming straight lines the way 'civilised' warriors did.

Essentially, you are accusing the Afghani battle plan of not being cricket.

Good luck, eh?

self edit to add that WE claim the win on 1812.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Is this also your beliefs? Because how are we going to be totally defeated by a bunch of cowards that hide in the mountains and randomly place road side bombs and randomly launch mortars and rockets at our bases? For a total defeat it would take hundreds maybe thousands of years at this rate...

Heard of Guerilla warfare? Well I still don't know how to spell it, but hey getting closer every time I use it. Are you somehow suggesting the US doesn't hide in their bases? Then go on foot, then see the enemy, then instead of fighting like a man call for air strikes? I don't think you are in any position to call them cowards, when they are fighting the world's most powerful killing machine, using home-made bombs lol

As for the contractors, the military has nothing to do with them at all, for the most part. They are the ones that cause the most trouble downrange and do most of the stupid stuff that you hear about.

What stupid stuff? Like killing hundreds of innocent people in air strikes?

And of course the government there is going to be corrupt, that is one of the reasons that we are still there. As long as terrorists organizations are instilling fear into the people of Afghanistan there will be corruption.

LOL, so the government which the US installed, Karzai came from America and became the puppet leader, now there is immense corruption, there was corruption since the beginning of the war, when there was no resistance, you still blame it on terrorists lol..

Do they inject you with something in the army>?

The only reason the Russia lost is because we trained the Taliban to use guerilla tactics.... And we supplied them.

And what do you think is happening right now? It seems the resistance is getting better and more effective at killing the occupying forces? That is not you training them, that is them learning, they are not idiots lol

You are getting this all from an Indian site though. Really what do they know about what is going on there. I haven't seen any Indian troops in Afghanistan the 5 times I have been there.

Well if you read the site you would have known that it is an Indian site, referring to a Pakistani article.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Desert Storm- we marched right into baghdad with little resistance and shook Sadam up

You were like 7 years old when that happened..
Remember it well??

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The West cannot win in Afghanistan. Put money on it. You'll lose. I have no idea why we are there.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
My senses are telling me that the lead narrative may be false.

A 'construct', sort of like ***** seems to provide predictable solvents, which neatly un-glue the supporting frameworks of normal, truth bound, conspiratorial thinking.

Then, when hints are dropped...a strange human element creeps in, citing a hobby, a fragile side....something to add more credence....

Yes...there was a tape deck...and some credence...tapes.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by davidmann]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I never said anything about how they are fighting. They fight smart. We taught them to fight that way against the Russians. Guerilla tactics are the only thing that will work against us. And as to 1812 we all claim victory.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I know about Guerilla warfare...... I have been in plenty of firefights with the Taliban/insurgents.

When have we killed hundreds of people from an air strike? What about them suicide bombing markets and killing 50 + people that are just Afghan innocent civilians? Funny how you anti-war punks never see the horrible things that they do. They even strap bombs to children and send them to us passing out food and other goods....

If you were reading my posts you would know I am not in the ARMY....

And actually WE DID TRAIN THEM.... You should do some more research before you open your mouth like you know everything.... And I never said they were stupid.....

And I did read it. What do either one of those countries know what is going on there? India, Pakistan.... LOL enough said kid,

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

And yea I remember it well. My uncle was there (he flew blackhawks) and he told me all kinds of stories. And also I have a degree in history and I love reading and learning about all the wars throughout the world. I never said I was there....... Stop putting words in my mouth, I just described what we did......

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

When have we killed hundreds of people from an air strike?

You are kidding right? And study history?

I heard there were more bombs dropped on Iraq than the total dropped during WW11

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

Well it's a shame because you heard wrong..... And we aren't even talking about Iraq.... We are talking Afghanistan. And another thing, do NOT make false claims about us airstriking something and killing hundreds of people if you have NO proof of this happening. This isn't WWII we are not carpet bombing cities. We have never killed hundreds of innocent people with one bombing.... You are lying and you have no clue what the hell you are talking about. In both the Iraqi and Afghanistan conflicts, there have been fewer civilian deaths than another other major war lasting over a year. All those polls that you see with civilians deaths on it, you have to realize that, thats not only from us killing civilians, that is also the Taliban/insurgents killing them aswell.

They do far more innocent civilian killings than we ever had or do. They send teenagers and little kids strapped with explosives into crowded markets and villages and checkpoints and then blow them up. What kind of people do that sort of thing? We do not just stroll into a village or market and just open up fire on everyone there. But they do that sort of thing. Again you are just someone who thinks that they know so much about what is going on over there but yet you are not in the military, part of either government, and have never been there. So all your "information" is coming straight from propganda websites and information that people craft up to get you against the US. That is called propaganda warfare my friend and you and hundreds of people on this site have fallen within it's grasp. Go get some balls and be a reporter over there, enlist in the military, or just be a contractor and go there and see how it is. Dont sit back on your butt and google everything.....

Believe half of what you read but all of what you see......

You never hear about all the food and medical aid we give the people of Afghanistan and Iraq do you?
You never hear about us rebuilding roads and schools and building places for kids to play soccer or playgrounds for them.
You never hear about anything remotley close to any of that.....

We are even capturing insurgents and then releasing them after we nurse them back to health....
I was in Balad, Iraq in summer of '09 and our base came under mortar fire (which it did every single day) but this time we caught the guy on our perimeter cameras. We sent QRF (quick reaction force they guard the outside perimeter around the base) and they captured this guy. Well he had blown almost his whole leg off because a mortar detonated as it struck the plate on the bottom of the tube. So we took him to our hospital ON BASE in Balad. Nursed him back to health for about 3 weeks and then we walked him right out of the pedistrian gate (where local Iraqis come on base to work) and we let him go.

This is a man that we SAW and got on CAMERA attacking our base full of NON COMBAT TROOPS (for the most part) we brought him in and treated his wounds and then released him..... IF we were such "killers" wouldn't we have just left him out there to bleed out? And we are the animals huh...
And I bet you never heard that story either huh?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by rizla

Define 'win',I believe eventually you'll have relative security in major population areas but the countryside will remain the wild west,theres not enough troops there to control the ground,this may be enough for the Wests purposes I dont know.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

I know about Guerilla warfare...... I have been in plenty of firefights with the Taliban/insurgents.

sure you have, last time I remember all firefighting you guys do is with Jets and drones,

When have we killed hundreds of people from an air strike? What about them suicide bombing markets and killing 50 + people that are just Afghan innocent civilians? Funny how you anti-war punks never see the horrible things that they do. They even strap bombs to children and send them to us passing out food and other goods....

Last time I remember it is you guys who are blocking a civilians death probe, not the resistance, and please don't say you haven't bombed villages and marriage parties to dust, because you have, it is even in MSM.

If you were reading my posts you would know I am not in the ARMY....

Whether you are in the army or not, you disgust me, because you are tool, and moderators who are in your side block the truth from ATS, even ATS, just because people like me expose the truth.

And actually WE DID TRAIN THEM.... You should do some more research before you open your mouth like you know everything.... And I never said they were stupid.....

No you didn't train them, thousands of them died against the USSR, including my F'en uncles, they learned, they weren't trained, you are just trying to make yourselves heroes when you weren't even in the fight. Don't, you are an insult to freedom fighters, you are an insult to the whole humanity, don't, please don't, because you are a tool.

And I did read it. What do either one of those countries know what is going on there? India, Pakistan.... LOL enough said kid,

Last I remember the US gave Afghanistan to Pakistan, you don't know nothing about politics of that region, or world politics as a whole, last I remember you think the aborigine Jews took over Palestine when the truth is, it was the US who gave Palestine to world wide Zionist Jews. The aboridgine Jews suffered because of it.

You don't know nothing about history, you believe what you are told, yeah, if you don't believe me, think before you speak. I have debated with your kind thousands of times before, and you all think exactly the same, because you all have been brainwashed by the exact same people.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by oozyism]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Your whole post I just LOL'ed at.....

Who says I shot uninformed peasants? I have NEVER engaged the enemy unless they shot at me first. ROE in Afghanistan and Iraq are NOT TO ENGAGE UNLESS ENGAGED.....

We don't just storm into everyones houses.... The village elders give us intel on who is working with the Taliban/insurgents and then we storm their place looking for illegal weapons and what not. And yea there sometimes are women and children there but we respect their privacy and we do not look or talk to the women....

What is all this anger calling us evil? You have no clue.... We are not just killing people... We are protecting and supplying the country with things that they don't have. We are trying to make it peaceful there, because they have been killing each other for thousands of years...... And once again WE DO NOT ATTACK UNLESS PROVOKED. IF they would just not ambush and IED convoys we would NEVER engage them or go looking for them. IF they REALLY WANT US OUT then they would stop killing innocent civilians and stop trying to kill us.... You are mistaken and brainwashed by the propaganda on the internet. You know NOTHING of what it is like to live and be in either Iraq or Afghanistan. I suggest you do some REAL research and not believe in all the crap that is out on sites like this.....

Ohh 9-11 was an inside job huh? Prove it....
I know that we trained the Taliban you moron.....
How is our government lying to us? Prove it
I am not the NWO..... THERE IS NO SUCH THING

and you spit on me? You are about as brainwashed with propaganda as they come. You are talking about my IQ level? Well I have a bachelor's degree in World History and I have a Masters in Criminal Justice. What do you have? Stop acting like you know what is really going on when all you know is what you read............. I have been in and out of Iraq/Afghanistan since '01 I think I know exactly what is going on there.

They don't want us to leave them alone.... They have been targeting US citizens since WAY before 9-11 and before we came to Afghanistan.... You should really do some research on terrorists attacks..... Go read about Khobar Towers, the bombings of US embassies in Africa etc etc etc....

Mod Edit: Personal comments removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 2) Behaviour and remember to go after the ball, not the player. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 7/9/10 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

The only ones who are cowards are the US using air strikes, armored vehicles, Humvees, and body armor, bunch of pussies cant get on the ground and fight man to man, thats what the cowards are...the US.

If afghani soldiers were on your land regardless of the reason I bet you would be hiding in your house too.

The only cowards here are the US forces.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

you are hopeless..... We DID train the Taliban to fight off the Russians FFS, WE GAVE THEM WEAPONS AND TRAINED THEM IN GUERILLA WARFARE.......

I'm a tool? LOL!!! And you are NOT exposing the truth.... You are spreading anti-US propaganda.....

You said this:
"Last I remember the US gave Afghanistan to Pakistan, you don't know nothing about politics of that region, or world politics as a whole, last I remember you think the aborigine Jews took over Palestine when the truth is, it was the US who gave Palestine to world wide Zionist Jews. The aboridgine Jews suffered because of it.

You don't know nothing about history, you believe what you are told, yeah, if you don't believe me, think before you speak. I have debated with your kind thousands of times before, and you all think exactly the same, because you all have been brainwashed by the exact same people. "

Just because US "gave" it to Pakistan doesn't mean that Pakistan/Indian news organizations know what is going on in Afghanistan.....
I never said ANYTHING about Jews taking over Palestine.... I do not believe everything I am told......

Why are you putting words in my mouth that I didn't say? That just shows how stupid and how full of propaganda you are....

I am fighting a hopeless battle against all of you ignorant morons who think you know it all. I am done trying to tell you the TRUTH, go on and keep spreading your lies about US military.... Don't take anything that a Special Ops veteran tells you to heart........ I have been in both Iraq and Afghanistan probably more years than you have been able to drive a car..... [snip]

Mod Edit: Personal comments removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 2) Behaviour and remember to go after the ball, not the player. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 7/9/10 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

We are the cowards? wow that just shows how ignorant you really are.... IF we told the insurgents that we want to have an all out war with just men and guns they wouldn't because they know we would dominate.... That is why THEY HIDE and use guerilla tactics.... Just shut up please.... your ignorance is giving me a headache.

Deny ignorance don't be a moron....

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

The US is the ones who drop bombs and missles into caves and use drone attacks, and body armor...these are a bunch of opium farmers and with all that technology the US still hasnt declared absolute victory.

And yes the US forces are the ones that are cowardly, wearing all that body armor lol, hiding behind armored veichles..bunch of scared punks is all. When the ground forces start losing...they call for air support lol...so lame

And how do you know they woulndt want a man and just gun war? They are still fighting like that right now, they would be more successful if the US toys got taken away. You would see how fast the US would lose then.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by THE_PROFESSIONAL]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

reply to post by harryhaller

Your whole post I just LOL'ed at.....

Who says I shot uninformed peasants? I have NEVER engaged the enemy unless they shot at me first. ROE in Afghanistan and Iraq are NOT TO ENGAGE UNLESS ENGAGED.....

We don't just storm into everyones houses.... The village elders give us intel on who is working with the Taliban/insurgents and then we storm their place looking for illegal weapons and what not. And yea there sometimes are women and children there but we respect their privacy and we do not look or talk to the women....

Really, is that what they told you, or is that what they injected you with? Last I heard over 500 Afghan elders against the occupation was murdered..

What is all this anger calling us evil? You have no clue.... We are not just killing people... We are protecting and supplying the country with things that they don't have. We are trying to make it peaceful there, because they have been killing each other for thousands of years......

Is that also what they told you? They have been killing each other for thousands of years lol.. Based on that argument Americans have also been killing each other for thousands of years, wait, white people weren't there thousands of years ago lol.. OK sorry.. but you get what I mean right..

Last I heard Afghanistan was a moderate nation, with the best Universities in the Middle East, and last I remember Afghans wore miniskirts in cold winter of Kabul in Kabul University where my Dad studied civil Engineering.. [snip]

And once again WE DO NOT ATTACK UNLESS PROVOKED. IF they would just not ambush and IED convoys we would NEVER engage them or go looking for them.

But you are in their country [snip], how can they not provoke you when you are in their damn country with your damn bases, bombing damn innocent people because you don't have the balls to face them with your guns..

IF they REALLY WANT US OUT then they would stop killing innocent civilians and stop trying to kill us....

What? I thought they kill you because they want you out, not because they want you to stay there.. [snip]

You are mistaken and brainwashed by the propaganda on the internet. You know NOTHING of what it is like to live and be in either Iraq or Afghanistan. I suggest you do some REAL research and not believe in all the crap that is out on sites like this.....

LOL.. my family lives in Afghanistan.. Not in Iraq, so I will leave Iraq alone, and from what I know Afghanistan is the most corrupt nation in the world, and Kabul is filled with drug addicts.. Thumbs up to that Mr. American Soldier.

Ohh 9-11 was an inside job huh? Prove it....

It doesn't need to be an inside Job, the US just had to provide evidence to the government of Afghanistan in order to take custody of Osama Bin Laden... The US didn't do that, did it??

I know that we trained the Taliban you moron.....
How is our government lying to us? Prove it
I am not the NWO..... THERE IS NO SUCH THING

Why did you go to Afghanistan??? Non of the hijackers were Afghans, infact they were European Muslims, why didn't US invade Europe?? Ohh wait, Europe is part of the US empire, so it was actually an inside JOB..

and you spit on me? You are about as brainwashed with propaganda as they come. You are talking about my IQ level? Well I have a bachelor's degree in World History and I have a Masters in Criminal Justice. What do you have? Stop acting like you know what is really going on when all you know is what you read............. I have been in and out of Iraq/Afghanistan since '01 I think I know exactly what is going on there.

Yeah last I heard, the soldiers were the most brainwashed, because they are the ones bombing innocent people and invading countries based on BS their government injected them with.. YEAH Saddam = Osama Bin Laden..

They don't want us to leave them alone.... They have been targeting US citizens since WAY before 9-11 and before we came to Afghanistan....

Maybe because you are colonizing their nations? Last time I checked their is US soldiers all across Middle East, with Western Puppet Regimes...

You should really do some research on terrorists attacks..... Go read about Khobar Towers, the bombings of US embassies in Africa etc etc etc.... You are ignorant and you are the DISINFO!!!!!!!! [snip]

Yeah sure.. Those terrorist attacks by freedom fighters who want you out of the Middle East.. You don't get it do you.. You are there, they are not in your country [snip] You have soldiers in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Afghanistan,...........................................................................................................

I can go on.. You leave them alone, go back to your own country..

Funny how you don't realize your country is an empire, you don't even know the boundaries of your empire.. I bet you don't even know Japan is part of your empire lool.. OR maybe South Korea..
[snip
Keep dreaming..

[edit on 7/9/10 by JAK]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join