It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Poll: GOP's midterm advantage is growing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Maybe you could focus on your own country instead of worrying about ours.

Do you know what it is like to live in America? What are we going to cut huh? They won't touch the military budget, congressional pension, taxes on wealthy, taxes on corporations, trade imbalance. So how do you propose they do fiscal restraint? Well this is what will happen.

They will cut taxes on the rich and slash unemployment, teachers, police, firefighters, medicare/medicaid, social security, disability. But for a rich person that wouldn't matter because 'we have to get our fiscal house in order' AFTER THEY DROVE US INTO THE #ING GROUND! WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THE CORPORATIONS, FOR THE RICH AND FOR FOREIGNERS THEN WE HAVE TO FLIP THE BILL AND TAKE THE CUTS!

I would prefer the entire economy crash compared to us taking the cut and them walking away untouched and with more money!!!

[edit on 9/6/2010 by Misoir]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Maybe you could focus on your own country instead of worrying about ours.

I already am, but it's a partial free world and I can comment on others. UN allows me to

Do you know what it is like to live in America?

Me? er...no. But can I have a guess?

What are we going to cut huh?

Well military and health are the two biggest demands on the public finances. Privatise the entire education system.

They won't touch the military budget,

Oh they will. $200 billion. It was in the news

congressional pension, taxes on wealthy, taxes on corporations, trade imbalance.

Taxes on wealthy will lead to a brain drain and massive amounts of wealth creators leaving America. Yeah, it would make matters much worse. Cut corporation, which they are doing (year by year) in the UK, to expand the private sector whilst cutting.

'we have to get our fiscal house in order'

Yeah, once you hit debt 90% of GDP - you're kinda economical screwed.

AND FOR FOREIGNERS

A little xenophobic...

I would prefer the entire economy crash compared to us taking the cut and them walking away untouched and with more money!!!

Wow, a bit extreme. So, you'd prefer Americans to be living in the streets and eating scraps then? Jesus...

[edit on 6-9-2010 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Wow you sound like such a great capitalist. Just more of what we need around here. People who believe that 'wealth trickles down' and 'don’t touch the rich, they will run!'. Well that is why I oppose globalization, the UN, Free and Fair Trade, Non-Western Immigration. If they want to leave they should have to give up everything they own and leave it here. Don't like the rules? Too bad!

They screwed us over for decades and now we are supposed to be punished for their mistakes? I don’t think so!

They want to claim Iraq was a humanitarian thing and they need freedom. Why the hell should I care about what Iraq needs, I don’t give a rats ass what happens their country. We are in a dangerous world and we must be looking out for number one!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
this thread is hilarious.

fox news and tpm? versus all major new outlets on tv internet and print.

fox news promoted the tpm? hmmmm

cnn,msnbc,abc,cbs,nbc,plus the internet+print media ran the obama campaign.

people have and always give fox news too much credit or power.

if the gop gets power of the congress thats one thing keeping it is another thing entirely.

if the gop actually wins for 2 years you are gonna have the non stop partisan pundit hating on anything gop for 2 years.

this has the potential to become a double edged sword becuase everyone EVERYONE ON THE LEFT just loves to hate on the right.

and during presidential election year this can have disastrious consequences with the end being another 4 years of mr obama and the dems back in power and right back to where we are right now.

me im not so sure i actually want the gop to win in 2 months id rather them win in 2012 to where it would do more good to where we'd have a gop president and gop congress.

i want the anger,disatisfaction to fester for another 2 years to guarantee a gop win so that it will have a bigger impact.

i dont really want that tho-i want pelosi gone, but we need to start looking long term instead of short term success.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by neo96]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You heard it here first..........

The GOP will take both the house and senate in Nov. and usher in a Palinesque theocracy in 2012. A distorted Christian Fascism looking for enemies under every bed. The www. will be deemed an invention of the devil, will be strictly controlled and be a pay as you go entity.
Taxes will not go down because new wars need to be paid for. And there will be less freedom as the Patriot Act will be all dressed up in Red, White, and blue again, "for your protection" Severe travel restrictions, Domestic spying on an unprecedented level with the prosecution of "thought crimes". And the Draft will be implemented once again, also all promoted as your patriotic duty, with huge rallies and Kid Rock and Ted Nugent playing the theme music. The Department of Homeland Security will be changed to be a function of the Military.

Never underestimate the neocons and their PNAC. It's very much alive and They know exactly how to manipulate the fools under the guise of patriotism and fear. The scapegoat gambit is being played as we speak.
Does this seem familiar to anyone?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The only thing that will derail this Right Wing conservative juggernaut is if they mess with Social security and Medicare. Old folk vote!

Even the Republicans will long for the good old days of Obama.

God I'm glad I don't have kids.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Domestic spying on an unprecedented level with the prosecution of "thought crimes"...

Just to cherry-pick one easy objection...if prisons cost/lose money, and the country is already going broke, I don't think they are going to spend the limited money available on arresting people for thinking wrong...that worked better in a command economy like Pol Pot Cambodia, where they abolished money and everyone merely had to obey directives...it's cheaper to arrest wrong-thinking people when more of the steps involved are free-of-charge like that...I think the USA government already surveilles us thoroughly, knows what we think, and doesn't much care... and why should they, I never think or know of anything important...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel

Domestic spying on an unprecedented level with the prosecution of "thought crimes"...

Just to cherry-pick one easy objection...if prisons cost/lose money, and the country is already going broke, I don't think they are going to spend the limited money available on arresting people for thinking wrong...

Prosecution doesn't necessarily mean being sent to prison. And privately run joints don't lose money as they operate on a contractual basis being paid for by the taxpayer and that's the wave of the future, with the federal pen's being sold to Blackwater like companies with no supervision what so ever. www.abtassociates.com...

Prosecution could mean conscription into public service or to fight the never ending wars the conservative GOP neocons love so much.

Cherry-pick something else. I think the neocons got you by the short hairs!!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel
reply to post by whatukno

I seriously don't think I will ever vote for a Democrat as long as I live...

Not that I love the Republicans, but most all their bad points are what they have in common with Democrats...

Plus I hate liberals so much, I would cut off my leg just to bleed on their shoes, pretty much...anything that makes them unhappy can't be all bad...

Yeah, another 4 years of crap is awesome if it makes some people who are already insanely rich a bit upset.

The GOP and FOX lit up the grass roots movements with gasoline.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think it will be good to see the Republicans take over. Then we can watch America get screwed over in some new way. Then in 2012 or 2016, which ever race you're looking at, we can change parties again, since we'll be sick to death of whatever party is in charge.

Back and Forth, Back and Forth.

Anyone remember something good that has been decided/passed for the people by either party?

Can't really think of anything in all my 40some years.

We really need to start thinking differently like "Us vs. Them" and I'm not talking Dems vs. Reps.

We need to get off the party train.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by SunnyDee]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
May be the GOP is gaining support because of the current state of the American economy and Americans are worred about the increase public spending? Could this be their fear;

bank·rupt (bngkrpt, -rpt)
n.
1. Law A debtor that, upon voluntary petition or one invoked by the debtor's creditors, is judged legally insolvent. The debtor's remaining property is then administered for the creditors or is distributed among them.

Now, I'm not an American citizen (but I'm 1/8th though!) but surely the public needs to embrace politician's, who understand you cannot keep spending and must bring fiscal discipline to nations finances?

Or, if you disagree, member you can get a . start on building the shanty towns - that will spread, once America is declared bankrupt?

well that might be pertinent if the GOP actually performed as advertised -

I actually think it is funny how this cycle has worked, the idiocy of it all...

This extreme economic disaster began with creating a new avenue for profit, which was speculative financial products and a virtual end to capital reserve standards. Not to
mention insuring this garbage which created a whole other market.

Basically it was a get rich quick scam that fleeced America TWICE -

Anyhow I give up caring - I hope the GOP takes it all - in fact I think liberals should stop running for four years -

We can see what is what - so we will get war and hopefully the first Trillionaire

Life is good!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Well military and health are the two biggest demands on the public finances. Privatise the entire education system.

Sorry, but I got to comment on this, privatizing education would only mean that the wealthy will be educated. The rest of the country would be more moronic than they already are. And there is enough idiots already who kiss Glenn Beck's ass. We certainly don't need more of a section of society locked out of all but the lowest paying jobs.

Education already took too large of a cut in the 1980s under the vaunted Reagan. Believe me, I am a product of the Reagan era education policy.

Military spending is something that does need to be cut. 200 billion isn't anything for military spending. Hell, the brass at the Pentagon blow through that much coke in a weekend.

But America deals in issues, that is the way that politicians get votes, by pandering to groups on "the issues" now the GOP has a streamlined way of going about solving issues without solving them at all.

1) Start a war
2) Blame Democrats
3) Blame Illegals
4) Start a war
5) Blame Democrats for Illegals
6) Start a war

It's pretty cut and dry, this way with minimal effort the GOP can solve issues without solving anything.

[edit on 9/6/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
private educational system worked fine for couple hundred of years

its not til the federal government got involved did america start making idiots.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I don't understand this.

Why would the Republican party, or conservatives, create another party, to achieve greater popularity ?

Aren't ''Tea Party'' candidates largely conservative ? So, any split in the vote between Republicans, and Tea Partiers, should largely be welcomed by Democrat supporters !

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I don't understand this.

Why would the Republican party, or conservatives, create another party, to achieve greater popularity ?

To appeal to the independent crowd. But it's just a lie.

Aren't ''Tea Party'' candidates largely conservative ? So, any split in the vote between Republicans, and Tea Partiers, should largely be welcomed by Democrat supporters !

Palin: Tea Partiers "Have to Pick a Party"

"Now the smart thing will be for independents who are such a part of this Tea Party movement to, I guess, kind of start picking a party," Palin said. "Which party reflects how that smaller, smarter government steps to be taken? Which party will best fit you? And then because the Tea Party movement is not a party, and we have a two-party system, they’re going to have to pick a party and run one or the other: ‘R’ or ‘D’."

Sarah Palin to tea parties: Pick a side
Palin Tells Tea Partiers: You 'Have To Pick A Party'

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
To appeal to the independent crowd. But it's just a lie.

The republicans don't appeal to the independents. Independents voted out he republicans en masse in 2006 and 2008.

The thing is that the independents are realizing that it is the democrats that suck far worse.

Anything non-Obama, non-Pelosi, non stimulus puffing dem, non union bailout crony is far more appealing. It just so happens that this group happens to include republicans.

Or maybe all the independents are recently born again racists.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Or maybe all the independents are recently born again racists.

Why pull the race card? No one has pulled the race card in this thread?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Prosecution doesn't necessarily mean being sent to prison. And privately run joints don't lose money as they operate on a contractual basis being paid for by the taxpayer and that's the wave of the future, with the federal pen's being sold to Blackwater like companies with no supervision what so ever. www.abtassociates.com...

Prosecution could mean conscription into public service or to fight the never ending wars the conservative GOP neocons love so much.

Cherry-pick something else. I think the neocons got you by the short hairs!!

Well, privately run prisons make money for their parent corporation and the stockholders...but the government still loses money paying the Correctional Corp of America or Wackenhut a fee for subcontracting out the correctional infrastructure to them...and as you recall I am not talking about corporate profits, but about the government needing money, a problem which extra prisoners, for whom the government would have to shell out money, would only exacerbate... (private prisons are profitable because the government pays, the prisoners aren't laying eggs or digging up truffles that the guards can gather and sell for profit)...

And then conscription into public service...public service programs are also a cash outlay... if you feed the conscripts bread crumbs and whip them, you still have to buy bread and whips (and the government thus also loses the tax revenues it would have collected from the conscripts' previous incomes)...public service programs are very generally short-term unprofitable, since otherwise somebody would already be doing the (whichever) job and making a buck off of it long before the government came around to say it needed doing...all this is obvious, yes?

And then your final prong of prediction was that malcontent thought criminals will be conscripted into serving as soldiery for the endless rightwing foreign wars...Again, this USA country is already broke and getting broker, foreign wars cost money (Zimbabwe ain't invading nothing, with that thrillingly high inflation rate), and very generally most thought criminals I know would make temperamentally and physically lousier-than-average soldiers...thus again costing more money than leaving them alone would cost... For example, I find it easy to picture Amy Goodman holding a bayonet, and wanting to kill people, but I just don't think she would be very good at it... But then again maybe she's a kendo master, I don't know, she might be less useless than she seems...a wolf in sheep's clothing, as it were...

[edit on 7-9-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The GOP will take both the house and senate in Nov. and usher in a Palinesque theocracy in 2012. A distorted Christian Fascism looking for enemies under every bed. The www. will be deemed an invention of the devil, will be strictly controlled and be a pay as you go entity.
Taxes will not go down because new wars need to be paid for. And there will be less freedom as the Patriot Act will be all dressed up in Red, White, and blue again, "for your protection" Severe travel restrictions, Domestic spying on an unprecedented level with the prosecution of "thought crimes". And the Draft will be implemented once again, also all promoted as your patriotic duty, with huge rallies and Kid Rock and Ted Nugent playing the theme music. The Department of Homeland Security will be changed to be a function of the Military.

Never underestimate the neocons and their PNAC. It's very much alive and They know exactly how to manipulate the fools under the guise of patriotism and fear. The scapegoat gambit is being played as we speak.
Does this seem familiar to anyone?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The only thing that will derail this Right Wing conservative juggernaut is if they mess with Social security and Medicare. Old folk vote!

Actually it should have been

Fear mongering much?

You left out the prediction where liberals starting with you and the others here on ATS (because THEY have been watching YOU) have your PC's taken away before being sent off to one of those camps we keep hearing about. After that, liberals start disappearing from the camps as full-scale soylent green production kicks in ...

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Just like we all still long for the good old days of Carter?

[sarcasm]
With Republicans in power and a new "theocracy" running everything, abortion will become illegal and many libs likely will find themselves with kids they can no longer abort out of existence.[/sarcasm]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You're blaming Glenn Beck and the Tea Party for the advantage the Republicans have in the upcoming election? That's a bit ironic considering the liberal media machine did everything it could to villify former Pres. Bush to get Obama elected, don't you think? Don't you think this poll lead has a lot to do with the brashness of the Democratic party during the '08 election, over-promising to fix the problems 'caused by the Republicans' and then failing to deliver on those promises? The Democrats set themselves up for failure in '08 when they made such grand and overblown accusations about how bad Republicans were and how saintly their own party was - they set the bar so high and promised miracle-like results if they got their way. Well, in '08 the Democrats got their way and had a super-majority. What's been the result? Well, our number one concern, the economy, hasn't gotten any better. Jobs are still scarce and are still being offshored, despite promises by Democrats to make things better. To top that off, Obama and Congress fail to put their focus on the economy, which needs to be the focus day in and day out until this country is healed. Instead, Democrats focused on their agenda items like pushing Obamacare (which the majority of the nation didn't want). Yes, healthcare reform was needed, but Obamacare isn't the answer. Seriously, man - the Democratic party needs to take some friggin responsibility for dropping the ball since the '08 election and quit blaming the Republicans, Fox News and the Tea Party. Democrats had all the power for a long time and they failed to use it!

*Edit to fix grammar*

[edit on 7-9-2010 by black cat]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join