It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why there are no jobs in America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Ever wonder why there are no new jobs or expansion of private business in the United States or in many countries around the world? This article I came across hits almost all the reasons why I myself think the government is the NEW mafia.

From this article-This is why there are no jobs in America

Here is a snippet of the article-

I'd like to make you a business offer.

Seriously. This is a real offer. In fact, you really can't turn me down, as you'll come to understand in a moment...

Here's the deal. You're going to start a business or expand the one you've got now. It doesn't really matter what you do or what you're going to do. I'll partner with you no matter what business you're in – as long as it's legal.

But I can't give you any capital – you have to come up with that on your own. I won't give you any labor – that's definitely up to you. What I will do, however, is demand you follow all sorts of rules about what products and services you can offer, how much (and how often) you pay your employees, and where and when you're allowed to operate your business. That's my role in the affair: to tell you what to do.

Now in return for my rules, I'm going to take roughly half of whatever you make in the business each year. Half seems fair, doesn't it? I think so. Of course, that's half of your profits.

Read the rest of the article at the link and tell me what you think. Do you understand the frustration of people that try to run a business now? This is the kind of things they have to deal with.

As we have seen of private business lately, they do not want to expand, they do not want to do anything because of the outright hatred of private business by the governments. Tell me, would you rather work for yourself or for someone else? Would you rather have the choice to start a business or work for someone else?

Hey mods, I noted that this article might have been posted before, but it was 404ed. If there is a problem, let me know. Later.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Some may argue that this is just a paranoid and anti government way of look at it.

Sadly, its just the bigger picture.

S&F

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

That article, as most articles from that website go, is misleading...at best.

There are no jobs because owners decided they needed to save money when the big banks lost the owner's investments and fired their employees. The owners then needed to keep production continuing at pre-recession levels and threatened their employees. Production went up, profits began to rise and the owners saw that they could work fewer people harder and make more money than to rehire their old employees.

None of this big, scary government BS that site is peddling. Simple, unadulterated greed. Thank you free-market capitalism, thank you deregulating officials, thank you modern feudal lords.

Edit: Clarification.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by links234]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
"And with my half of the money I will make roads, so people can come to your place and buy your product, and If someone would like to rather not pay, and just take it, I will keep a force of armed guards on retainer, and when you get into a quarrel about any aspect of the business I will make certain that there is an impartial arbitor availliable, and when your business burns down, I will send in guys to extinguish it, etc, etc, etc..."

Now please get your ass off government subsidized phone lines and start living in the woods!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

Wow, the government puts in phone lines. Where did you hear that?

The government does not pay anything, we pay for it, most of the time 5 times over.

First they say tax on gasoline is for roads. Then registration. Then licensing. Then this, then that.

Cognitive dissonance.

Do not complain about the lack of jobs in the US. If you do, you are a hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

None of this big, scary government BS that site is peddling. Simple, unadulterated greed. Thank you free-market capitalism, thank you deregulating officials, thank you modern feudal lords.

So that is going to be your argument.

That anyone against the mafiaesqueness of our government are just a bunch of greedy bastards?

Oh well, I guess the government is our buddy and will solve all our problems.

They will pave the streets with gold and give us never ending peace and prosperity by taxing us for our labor and our property.

I am so glad the government is so well thought of by the members of a conspiracy site. It must mean the government propaganda models are working.

Heck, the fed and the government involvement in the current depression must have just been coincidental and correlative not causal.

The government needs not your protection against the big bad WND, I am sure they can protect themselves from these destroyers of the truth.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by debunky

Wow, the government puts in phone lines. Where did you hear that?

www.universalservice.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

Wow, do you even read the stuff you link?

From your link-

Currently, all telecommunications companies that provide service between states, including long distance companies, local telephone companies, wireless telephone companies, paging companies, and payphone providers, are required to contribute to the federal Universal Service Fund. Carriers providing international services also must contribute to the Universal Service Fund.

Hmmm, seems like another tax that the government foists upon companies and calls it a service the government provides.

Any other sources?

I am familiar with construction. The builders and land developers HAVE to pay for ALL utility upgrades and the like, then the different utilities and government entities takeover the upgrades including roads, telecommunications, power, gas etc etc etc. This stuff is so funny when people think they know things. This is when they get into trouble.

Sorry to break this to you, your government provides NOTHING. They do TAKE things from individuals and private companies.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by links234

So that is going to be your argument.

That anyone against the mafiaesqueness of our government are just a bunch of greedy bastards?

Yes, it will be my argument so long as we remain within the realm of reality on these boards.

Profits:
Corporate Profits Are Up...

Retailers say quarterly profits are up...

Companies Wringing Huge Profits...

Productivity:
Productivity up in 4th quarter as labor costs fall

Productivity Up: Bad News for Job Seekers?

All while unemployment continues:
Unemployment Rate from Google

I am so glad the government is so well thought of by the members of a conspiracy site.

I'm not so gullible as to buy into every conspiracy I've come across. I've said in the past, I'm here specifically to debunk people like you with facts, not link to news articles or op-eds or blogs to spin my ideologie and spread misinformation and lies.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Another reason for all the lost jobs is down to the outsourcing of those jobs, especially manufacturing, abroad.

Nearly all of the big manufacturing corporations, from computers to clothing, sent the work abroad for one reason only....money!
The big financial houses / banks are the big shareholders in many of those manufacturing corporations. Now, in order to maximise profits (don't forget, there can NEVER be enough profit), they looked at the workforce, and guess what? Yep, they found they could pay some poor brown skinned person a few thousand miles away a fraction of the wages and zero benefits - plus zero accountability for workplace health and safety too, so even better. The saving on labour pushed up the profits and thus the shareholder return, and of course further enriched the boardroom boys, whose jobs remain back home, despite everyone else's being outsourced.

Problem there is, as more and more manufacturing jobs - well paid jobs - went abroad, so the taxable income of the workforce went down as they had to take lower paid work. Another consequence is that, on a lower income, they can no longer afford to be the good little consumers they once were and so cannot even afford to buy the goods they once made themselves, that are now imported. Thus we have lower wages, lower taxable income which affects the entire economy, a growing trade imbalance....but at least the bankers and CEO's are whooping it up at the club and celebrating their most recent $/£/€ Millions with another large one!

Trying to lay this financial mess on government corparate taxation and control conveniently leaves out the bigger part played by the bankers and financial institutions.

But hey, that's free market capitalism, which is good...... right?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Goverments in countries like here in Australia had Tarrifs in place to protect our manufacturing industry from cheap foreign imports due to cheap labour and non existent safety/working conditions.

Then Australia slowly eroded all that protection to make a "level playing field".

Now you can export to Australia with close to zero tarriffs imposed, like 5% or less...

Funny thing is, when you try to export to the same countries, our manufacturers face HUGE tarrifs from said countries...30,40 50% is not unusual...

They destroyed are manufacturing base...

Ohh how I love our Goverment...

[edit on 6-9-2010 by CynicalM]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Some may argue that this is just a paranoid and anti government way of look at it.

You got that right. Without government regulation, we'd all be sweating away in the factories still for a few dollars a day, watching our children go off to the mines.

If business owners don't like the laws, then I have to question their intentions to begin with.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
There are a variety of reasons for the large amount of unemployed:
- The mortgage mess due to several decades of U.S. government regulations that tried to loan money to people who were so poor that they really couldn’t make the payments
- An increasing number of government rules and regulations which drives employers to look elsewhere for labor, land, and factory space
- Rising education levels around the world
- Very poor countries where people found earning 50-cents an hour six-days a week much more attractive than scouring the dump for food, shelter, and clothing
- Liberal elites and academics who despise working people (oh, yes, they look down their nose at you – all they while proclaiming that everyone should have a college education – that includes the plumbers, the mechanics, the gardeners, etc.). Liberal elites are the ones instituting hatred of corporations – those big bad corporations – take your jobs elsewhere!
- Low or non-existent tariffs – as much as I like capitalism, it’s not always a two-way street – but the situation is a double-edged sword; if I raise tariffs to the point where industry in my country can compete, then I’ve greatly raised the price of the item for consumers – so a $20 pair of sneakers becomes a $60 pair of sneakers – I’m not sure that’s a good thing but I’ve come to the conclusion that in the end, you have to protect your industrial base or face what we’re facing today – no factories where a kid out of high-school could get a job; many more small businesses that have become the norm – but typically don’t pay well unless you’re the proprietor; and increasing amounts of debt. The future isn’t looking very pretty.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It is fact, I've seen many small and semi-large businesses close, and/or lay off a hell of a lot of good hard working productive people, not always because of the economy, but also/or because they KNOW what is coming and what it has already cost them to do business and employ people and decided to get out while they can.

It is sad, because it seems as if the government wants to tax, regulate and control small business until the only option they have is to give up.

In my opinion that is exactly what is happening, in favor of a new cooperative system of monopolized corporate giants controlling all major industry and retail business as well as financial and banking with the US government heavily involved.

Ultimately creating the two class system they desire, a few super-wealthy elite and Government, and everyone else (us).

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Ummm shouldnt the OP be renamed to Problems Starting Your Own Busines as appossed to why there are no jobs?, it never once mentiond the catastrophic economic collapse we are going through, financial insolvency of large multi national corporations, outsourcing, lack of education/skills, demand etc.

And i sort of sympathise with someone going into busines for themselves, start up can be a daunting thing, but what the #, plenty people do it and are succesful and if those people are?, why arent you?

Just seems to be seem people cant be botherd to do there research or lack the basic acumen required to start a busines.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

In my opinion that is exactly what is happening, in favor of a new cooperative system of monopolized corporate giants controlling all major industry and retail business as well as financial and banking with the US government heavily involved.

Ultimately creating the two class system they desire, a few super-wealthy elite and Government, and everyone else (us).

This is the NWO. We already live under its control. These multi-national corporations are more powerful than governments. Global Governance is becoming much more obvious. Global governance means that we will all pay the same price for our goods and services, which these corporations control. It doesn't matter where we live, in the United States, Burma or Costa Rica, we will all pay the same price. Unfortunately, for some in America, there will have to be a drop in the standard of living. Many people will no longer be able to maintain their lifestyles.

If you own stocks and shares, then you are part of the problem.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
Unfortunately, for some in America, there will have to be a drop in the standard of living. Many people will no longer be able to maintain their lifestyles.

That is already happening at an alarming rate, the Middle Class is rapidly declining, and have become more dependent on government than ever before.

I tried to make some points about that here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Most Americans will not wake up to what has been lost until they find themselves unable to advance beyond their current status, no hope of achieving anything more than survival and existence, freedom and liberty will seem like cruel words and no longer have any relevance.

It is what it is, it seems impossible to stop at this point, too many Americans are apathetic, and seem perfectly willing to lay down and take the "change" as it comes.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Do you believe that, those unfortunate enough to have there standard of living decline and are unable to do anything about it should be afforded some sort of special dispensation?

Do you not think some sort of social darwinism scenerio should be allowed to play out where basicaly if you cant deal with whats happening, adjust to suit your needs and deal with it, then # you basicaly, your are socialy weak and not suitable for advancement.

Many banks were afforded such special dispensation, much to the publics outcry, let them go bankrupt was the general thought as it was there own doing that led them there. Surely the same should apply to we the people?

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Johnze]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

I'm not from Australia but I fully understand where you're coming from. Although, I'm not sure that I buy the concept that "government" is the culprit. I truly believe that the real problem is corporate influence over our government officials.

Who do you think lobbied your government to lower those import tariffs in the first place? I'll bet it was lobbyist representing some of your very own "Australian" businesses that wanted to clear the way for their future plans to "outsource" their products.

The original tariffs were in place for a very good reason and they should never have been removed but so long as corporations are allowed to influence our politicians we, (the working class people of the world) should expect to get screwed in the end.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Do you believe that, those unfortunate enough to have there standard of living decline and are unable to do anything about it should be afforded some sort of special dispensation?

It is not a matter of choice my friend. There isn't much ANYONE can do about it at this point. That said, dependence on government has very clear advantages for the government. So, yes, afford them some sort of special dispensation, if control over every aspect of their lives is your ultimate goal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join