It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture to occur next week..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudbreak

You better RSVP as soon as possible. The man upstairs needs to know how much manna to serve up.

And a pub may not be the safest place to avoid the Rapture. JC likes his wine, you know.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Darn it, I worked hard all year and was planning on taking vacation in a couple of weeks. Someone needs to delay the rapture. I have wondered though if only 140,000 thousand are taken and they get taken by aliens, if that would have something to do with the 140,000 names that are on the surface of Mars on the first rover mission equipment. We could be the invaders of alien property. If the sky suddenly turns black and I see aliens, I'm going to duck and cover.

Now if I hear supernatural trumpets and my crazy mother says the 3 days of darkness she talks about are starting, I may take my vacation early and just stay home. Of course if the power doesn't go off within a couple of days, I'll say what a waste of time that was. Supposedly demons that could mimic the terminator with voices and everything that could mimic your own spouses and friends will be let loose to ravage the Earth except for those who stayed inside behind locked doors for 3 days. Actually this 3 days of darkness story doesn't seem as far fetched if some crazy electromagnetic disturbance hits the Earth and lasts for 3 days. It would really suck to have no power afterwards though. I guess I would have an extended permanent vacation since I won't have a job if the power stays off for months or years.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by orionthehunter]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
If anybody has looked at the artical it states that 9TH SEPTEMBER (THURSDAY) IS THE DAY OF RAPTURE!

3 DAYS REMAINING!!!

[edit on 6/9/10 by boo1981]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
and the best part here are the pathetic excuses why rapture did not happend when next week turns.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by raivo
and the best part here are the pathetic excuses why rapture did not happend when next week turns.

Yes we will most likely get an excuse, "that we got the math wrong so its now been moved to 2012!!"

Sorry could'nt resist that one.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Ok, I read the link. I suppose in only 4 days, I can reaffirm my belief that Jesus is not coming back until either 2055 or 2056. I thought I read or heard somewhere that was the date and I'm sticking to it. If a rapture was supposed to happen 7 years earlier which I don't believe in, then that would back the date up to 2048 or 2049. Another 38 years would give China the time to build up a big powerful military and to launch invasions across southern Asia after Russia invades the Middle East. Right now it all seems too early with only 7 years left. I think the linked source for this thread has all their dates off. Of course putting the date as far out as I have it probably wouldn't sell too many books. I guess if you went into details about future battles or speculated on them, it could be interesting. I can imagine the Battle of Armageddon would be a massive collection of forces. Of course I could always be wrong.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I think that everyone here is forgetting a more certain date that the rapture is supposed to start.

may 21, 2011. I have heard about it many times, from religious and non religious alike. Apparently there was a code in the bible and someone was able to do the math as to when the rapture is suppsed to begin. May 21, 2011 was the date.

Look it up, it actually does have a following.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx

Look it up, it actually does have a following.

So did Marshall Applewhite but you won't see me sporting any black nike's and face hankies anytime!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Is there any really good people out there?

I 'm guessing everyone will be 'LEFT BEHIND'.

That way they can sell more books on how to survive while the anti christ is in charge. And we will have one last chance to mend our ways.

This is as believable as the bible.

Happy rapture day everyone.

( I keep hearing a weird sound in the distance the last few nights. Its like somebody tuning up a trumpet. Anyone else hearing this?)

[edit on 6-9-2010 by JohnySeagull]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Is anyone keeping count? How many times has the rapture been going to happen.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Thank God I don't have to go back work next week!

I know I'll blow all my savings over the next few days!
---
And go to the flat upstairs and slap my neighbour with a fish!

Gotta love those Rapture type sites, they always have like flaming letters, and other cool word art, real classy.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by alien]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

My rents due Thursday, I aint gonna pay a whole week if its only for 2 days!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

What if the rapture already occured and there were so little good people that no one really noticed anyone missing.. DOH!

Just saying...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Will I need to pack a bag?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
While I don't believe the Rapture will be in 4 days...no one knows when that will be, I would not be so quick to dismiss the basis for this thought...The Bible...as gibberish.

Much in the Bible is coming to pass...just as it was written 2000-2500-2750 years ago.

Ezekiel 38-39 talks about an alliance....one being between Persia and Put...Iran and East Africa or Sudan and Ethiopia.... they just signed an aggreement last week. Persia/Iran will ally itself with Gog/Russia, Gomer/Turkey, Lybia by name, Egypt...hasn't happened yet...but Mubarak of egypt has stomach cancer and the Muslim Brotherhood is waiting to take over... it will follow.

Perhaps the resurggeance of a Roman Empire as foretold in Daniel...ie The European Union. They are in the process of reworking their military for a more streamlined, and effective fighting force... and Germany is taking the lead via von Guttenburg, Defense minister of germany. Further, the re-emergeance of extremist political parties in germany, Belgium, nederlands on the back of the anti-Muslim tide...with the coercion and support of the Catholic Church.

Anyway....these things and others are giving rise to the realization that the return of Christ may not be so far away... by next week...I don't know.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

As I understood, the rapture is first and then the tribulation will come. The porpose of the rapture is to rescue the people who are not supose to go thru the tribulation.

In simple words, the rapture will be the best evac plan in mankind history. To be effective, an evacuation need to be done before the disaster.

Maybe the day the rapture starts, we'll see big motherships landing all over. Many questions will be answered in that moment I guess, but it won't matter anymore.

Maybe we won't see something different and we'll notice it only by the unexplainable absence of some people in our families.

I just know in my christian heart, rapture will begin soon and I wish all my family is on the list. I believe nobody can tell when it will start.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I love how the site linked in the OP is pushing sales of the book "Signs of the End" complete with a countdown marker...."3 DAYS UNTIL TRUMPETS"

I wonder if they will withdraw the book from sale this weekend, and if not what will the countdown marker be saying?

"BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!!"

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I just noticed this statement at the bottom of the site in question

This web site looks for the best scenario of the coming time in light of the Bible and history. It is not an absolute prediction.

I guess that's the authors get out clause and licence to continue selling the book

[edit on 6/9/2010 by Argyll]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I just thought of something. I think is was Friday afternoon on my way home from work, I saw a nicer, newer model SUV with the "shoe polish" writing on the back window. A lot of folks do it this time of the year with their favorite sports team, game scores etc. (especially High School kids). But as I got closer at a red light, I saw that it said "JESUS WILL RETURN THURSDAY'. I hadn't thought much about it since, but your post made me think about it.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
what if the rapture took place Sept 11, 2001?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join