It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture to occur next week..

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Just one little problem for the crowd that don't believe in the rapture.

Revelation 7.

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Where did all the people come from?

They were not there at the start of the vision. They had to get there some way?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

LOL!

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

The fig leaves Adam and Eve wore were rebellion against their slave status,the clothes of a slave are nakedness.

They rebelled against their master by covering themselves,and were kicked out of paradise.

Was their master naked?,were they simply emulating their master?..

?

Whatever......................................

I can't help but wonder if everything is opposite of what most bozos' believe to be the truth .

All I know,is that I don't know,and nobody is going to convince me that I should believe anything blindly,just because they are convinced something they have never seen to be true,is true.

Bla Bla Bla................into eternity.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Rumor has it that Colbert is going to hold his "Truthiness Rally" in DC on 10/10/10, and Colbert is a devout Catholic. I suspect that God is a fan and would enjoy the show.

On that point alone, I can't accept that the rapture is happening today.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I think we'll just 'blink' out... just go without any hullabaloo
and some day, further down the road, a strange-looking
critter will land here, do his business in a nearby bush and
notice the remains of a signpost sticking out of the ground.

Kneeling down in his silver suit, he'll use one of his many
arms to clean the dust away and read the sun-faded words.

Later -back StarFed HQ, he'll make his report and wait quietly
in the 'Gray Room' while his Commander ponders his findings.

"This species must've had serious communication difficulties..."
his boss will say "... I mean, disciplines and the passing down
of advice to the next generation seem foreign to them"

Our explorer will nod his agreement and then glance over at
the signpost that now hovers in a large glass jar.
"But why state in such bold lettering?" he'll whisper to himself.

The Commander will reach for the joint that he'd made up earlier
for himself, and leaving the room he'll hiss over his shoulder,
"keep off the grass, indeed... who's ever heard of such nonsense"

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

keep going, good story so far

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
Just one little problem for the crowd that don't believe in the rapture.

Revelation 7.

After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Where did all the people come from?

They were not there at the start of the vision. They had to get there some way?

These are the people who came out of the Great Tribulation - the destruction of the universe. They were not raptured at all. The martyred Christians were the only ones raptured just before this happens. The rest of the human population, the great multitude as mentioned, were all left to experience the death of the whole universe where everything will melt with fervent heat.

However, if God did not cut short this destruction, no one will be left alive. But, God is merciful, he stopped the destruction for the sake of his chosen people - the 144,000 Israelites, each belonging to the 12 tribes of Israel. They were not destined to be raptured at all but destined to populate the mellinium kingdom. Apart from them, God also took those who survived the Great Tribulation - the multitude in white robes who during the calamity, repented of their ways.

The raptured saints together with Jesus Christ will then reign for 1,000 years.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Oh good another end of times scenario. One will wait and see, if nothing happens all these prophecies and predictions belong in one place, a dumpster.

I know I for one will not vanish. Will just be another ordinary day on this hell for saken earth

[edit on 8-9-2010 by Laurauk]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Eeeeh!!! I'm just saying that it's possible.
An alternative is that we eventually lose the plot all together
and strap jets to this dusty ball and set off to seek out new
civilisations and to boldly go... but, I digress.

If the Rapture does come and we're requested to queue
to get on the cloud/ship... will there be a small roped area
where a shiny blonde-haired guy... (like the one who was
shot in the penthouse scene in Magnum Force)... asks for
your name and email address?

I suppose the only other question is can you die from being
shot in the penthouse scene?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This is ridiculous but you have to respect that fact that they gave a time and date and they are sticking to it unlike so many other predictions. How many times have we seen the goal posts shifted when someone gave an exact time and date. How many times are we given excuses like "the world isn't ready".

The interesting part will be when nothing happens and they have to explain it. I'm sure they'll find a Bible verse for that

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I agree with you I.R1984... the usual stuff is to delay with
sage-like comments.
I have heard from many here that the universe is a busy
place with strange craft that are airbrushed out of NASA
photos and that though, they may look and smell like
urine particles from the Shuttle, they're busying themselves
with clandestine activities.

It may be these activities that delay the coming of the Rapture,
although it's doubtful that 'The Rap' is stuck in a traffic jam...
that would be silly.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The "rapture" is not to be taken literally.

There is one tribulation, and thats with yourself - the only judgement is from within.

No Messiah is returning, everyone is a Messiah in potentiation.

Is Jesus of Nazerath coming back? No, but the Christ consciousness (not to be confused with Jesus of Nazerath OR Christianity) will come, and it can be through you because you are all "Christs" - a signficant understanding that is long lost in the sea of perversions called the Christian dogma.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11118
The "rapture" is not to be taken literally.

There is one tribulation, and thats with yourself - the only judgement is from within.

No Messiah is returning, everyone is a Messiah in potentiation.

Is Jesus of Nazerath coming back? No, but the Christ consciousness (not to be confused with Jesus of Nazerath OR Christianity) will come, and it can be through you because you are all "Christs" - a signficant understanding that is long lost in the sea of perversions called the Christian dogma.

I agree with you. Thank you so much for speaking such wonderful words?
I have a couple questions for you though.

1. What do you think of Buddha?
2. What would Jesus and Buddha think of each other?
Thanks.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Nobody is going to be raptured. The bible was written by sum nutjob on shrooms.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Its comments like that which are helping me decide wether or not to leave ATS. Its getting beyond a joke now.
The bible was written by some nut job on shrooms? Wtf?
How old are you?
When are the mods going to restrict the ages of people on here? Loose F ing brain dead comments like this are ruining an already failing site.
Ban me if you want like I care. I'm out of here very soon.
What a nobber.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
OKay so i thought the site BS as well as anyone.. then I realized what the first trumpet states
"7The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up."

Considering the site claims that the first trumpet will ring sun down on the 8th ( today) its very coincidental that we have the last of two near collision asteroids passing by with a 1 in 50 chance of hitting just around Sundown EDT.

If you read some of the articles on the site to the right, you will really be amazed at how much *IS* actually ocuring and has occured to support this date... especially now for the second asteroid to pass by around the time listed and the first trumpet relating to "hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon earth" ...
Not saying its gonna hit but who's saying its not gonna break up in our atmosphere if it gets closer than expected... let me know what you think.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

One mother ship can take in 144000. OMG. This is ridiculous.

Obligatory second line and might I say that this is ridiculous. I was with Gog-Magog with you guys even before ATS existed. We must accept all of this for what it really is. Look at the Judeo-Christian Alliance angle for a while, giveit a chance. We are at the loosing end if our Jew brothers do not deliver.

Ah, most of the time, ah, they don't.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Buddha and Jesus would Love and accept each other.

Namaste.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Greetings Brothers and Sisters,

If you stayed behind for after the Rapture, don't be disappointed!

Check out the deal I have for you!

Sure, you didn't get to ride in some shiny new Mothership.

Don't feel left out.

You get to travel the cosmos on your very own eco-friendly pimped out stellar cruiser known as Earth.

Now that the drama is gone, lets fix this old wagon up, kick evolution into high gear and explore the galaxy together!

Check out the Plan at the bottom of this post.

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 11118

Hmm maybe but the way I look at it, is the saying "as above, so below" Basically what is going to be happening above will happen below, what happens inside, will be happening outside. So yeah we will all go through the tribulation within ourselves, and I believe we have already gone through it many times before, in different periods. I also believe it will also happen on the outside ie with nature, which is why they mention earthquakes and so on. Nature will take her course and if she gets pissed enough she will destroy it again. That is my belief and you don't have to believe that.

On a different note, I wonder what will happen to the website when tomorrow comes and goes and the rapture didn't happen. Will the website be taken down? I think people should sue the crap out this guy, for making false claims. if it really does happen well we are in for a rough ride.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join