It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Lights In Arizona

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I could save you alot of time by telling you where I live. Actually, I'll give you the right map, so you can compare. BTW...lights were back tonight.
Actually, it looks like you need to tell me how to attach.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Sorry but from my opinion this is might be a hoax
for many reasons.

A) Video footage too unreliable and inconclusive to make a decision.

B)Video easily set up. Example one sandard meter length of christmas lights tied between two posts then lit up?

From a distance the length of all the lights together matches this and can easily make it out when he zooms in on the lights.

They dont move at all just sit there.

Thoughts anyone.

[edit on 25/6/04 by madwalrus911]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Skepticism is a quality I admire, but you can tuck it away in this case. I shot the video (not very well I might add) so I can tell you with some degree of confidence that it is not a hoax. If I only had that kind of time. What would you like to know? Have to step out soon.
Rob

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Easy wats your real name?

To me it seems too counincidental that that all of a sudden the person who shot the film appears on ATS and Outright says "I SHOT THAT FOOTAGE" if u say u did back it up!
Its like me saying i shot jfk, like as if!

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
You think that is strange and it may be so, but not as strange as logging on to a bulliten board and see a bunch of people trying to figure out who you are, what you do and where you live......this is quite weird to me. Ok, I'll save you some time and hopefully this will provide prrof.
www.worldblend.net...

There is my address... even my phone number pick up the phone and call me. I will answer. Will this do as proof?

Rob

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
For all i know it isnt you, you are somone pretending to be this "ROB"
and no i wont call the phone number, because international rates at the moment are a killer.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
OK try this and this will be absolute proof. Go top my Portfolio link again and go to the bottom of the page.(give me 5 minutes) What do you see? Now do you believe me. If not I am afraid we are at an impass.
Rob

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Thank you very much for joining the discussion. I am sure after reading through this thread you are quite creeped out. Don't blame you. But perhaps you could shed some light, no pun intended
on what happened that night.

Can you describe for us things like which direction you were facing while shooting the video, and anything else you think might help.

Thanks a bunch.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
madwalrus911: wow... you seem pretty hostile. I understand your skepticism, but we had told him about the discussion and were hoping he'd join in. Not sure if you checked, but, he did modify his profile page (just for you) is that enough proof yet? And as for it being a hoax, vists the KPHO link. Besides the KPHO thing, my friend and I saw them while driving down the freeway from probably a couple miles to the SE of his location... christmas lights it was not.

Thank you for joining the conversation Robert (WorldBlend)!

First, to answer your question... I don't believe that there is any way to attach items to posts. You can link things though. If you click the little icon in the above toolbar (4th in from the right, the monitor with painter palette in front of it) you can link to an image so it shows in your post. The other option is just to click the globe to put a "hyperlink" in so people can go view items (but if it's a pic, the first option is the way to go). If you have stuff for people to see and don't have the bandwidth with your webhosting, please contact me via email (I was the one that had sent you the email yesterday, you can use that address), and I will supply hosting for any media.

First off... again?! Last night??
By any chance did you get any video or pix of last night's lights? That would rock!

So, would you say that the lights were in the direction of Palo Verde? Perhaps Luke? If neither, which way would you say? I notice that you were just a little NW from my location (my route was 51-101-17-Bell. My friend noticed them when we were on the ramp going from the 51-101, but didn't mention it for a minute (till we were at Cave Creek).

Were they flashing the whole time you saw them? To me it didn't seem noticeable from where I was... perhaps the slightly higher elevation & seeing them through our beautiful smog made it less apparent (as well as the up and down of the 101 didn't provide a constant view).

What medium did you shoot it on? Video, DV, film?

Is there any way we can get a really high quality copy of that footage (preferably just a copy of the source or in MPEG format)? I live in Phoenix, and can supply CDRs & DVDRs if that would work and you could spare the time (and were so generous of course). Plus I have some web hosting space to perhaps put up a higher resolution version of it.

So, did you only see the lights on the first night and last night (since nuforc mentions the 15th also)? Were they the same? In the same direction? How much movement could you detect? To my friend and I it looked like there was one way off to the right (north) side that was out from the group a bit that came in and joined the rest. Did you happen to see it or was it possibly obscured by the mountain?

Uhm, that's all I got for the moment. But thanks again for joining in!

-ScislaC-

(edited... incomplete thoughts & spelling errors...
)

[edit on 6-25-2004 by ScislaC]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by madwalrus911
B)Video easily set up. Example one sandard meter length of christmas lights tied between two posts then lit up?
From a distance the length of all the lights together matches this and can easily make it out when he zooms in on the lights.
Thoughts anyone.

It wouldn't be that easy to set up actually.. parallax changes would be apparent, even with slight camera moves, and the lights would move in relation to the ridge.

Secondly, the focus pulls cause blurring which is consistent with other lights in the distance, so the lights in this image also quite a way away.

They just look like some sort of rotating/siren type lights up on the ridge to me, though the left hand one does look like it's mounted pretty high up.

Mystery could easily be solved by photographing the area during the day., zoom lens if possible. My guess is there's some sort of contruction work or going on up there and these lights are related to them.

Rob, could you take a photo of the area by day please? Oh and please have a look at the manual for you're video camera to find the fixed focus mode... the zooming in and out and racking focus is clearly unnecessary and makes the video hard to interpret... A cynic might even suggest this was intentional...

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
As you can imagine, I have become a hub for reports concerning this subject. I have well over 100, some more sane than others, but 90% are true acccounts of seeing in my opinion........but not necessrily accurate accounts of what was seen. They are interesting and I can provide access when I have time later in the day.
Because of my science background, Peter Davenport asked I work with a couple folks (scientist & ufolologist....where do you get that degree by the way?) in hopes of explaining them. We are 90% done I'd say and this is in due part to some Video shot by a TV3 reporter as well as an astronomer friend that had his 10 in Meade out last night when they appeared. Oh, also a report by a Helicopter pilot with night vision was of help. The following is as much as I can say now:
*The trangulated distance from the orgin of my video is 75-90 miles away.
So we have reports from folks well over 100 miles away. The orgin is Goldwater Range.
*Word is the new F35 is being tested there currently
*Much of the digital data is consistant with military flares
*The duration or airtime for the lights is much less consistant with military flares
*Luke AFB has been ruled out, I talked with them myself
*Davis Montahn will be getting back to me today
Now you see we are getting a nice data set here to work from. I am a skeptic on this sort of thing and expect an explanation to follow soon. However, one strange thing is a scattering of reports/sightings of a blur or smudge like sighting in the sky. I must admit to seeiing it myself and may have some footage taken of it last night(maybe you could help here).....Yes, the footage was shot in twilight mode, on manual focus and manual shutter. : ) I have an excuse for the first video, but thats for another time, as I must go.
Nice talking with you,

Rob

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
madwalrus: ScislaC invited the worldblend guy to join in the discussion, which is why he's here. as for this being a hoax that seems unlikely -- we've got at least two independent witnesses thus far -- so unless it's a really big hoax (with one guy playing a lot of parts, etc., or multiple people in on it) it's probably not a hoax at all. the bigger question is whether or not this is a UFO (unidentified flying object) or some USL (unidentified stationary lights), and since it appears to have been pretty stationary in the video and ScislaC's question the "flying" part is kinda up in the air right now.

we also have at least one possible explanation: the topo map of the mountain that i think is the mountain in the video has a lot of beacons marked on it (they're the pink dots on the second map) and if they were lit up during the power outage we've probably got an explanation, or at least a likely explanation. there's some issues about identifying the lights as being the beacons, however, because from what i can tell on the map the beacons should go like "down up down up ...." but in the video they go "up down up down ...", which is kinda a problem for the lights = beacon explanation.

it's great that worldblend showed up cause he can probably help settle all this. that being said,

worldblend: thanks for coming by, hopefully with your help we can get this thing resolved pretty quick now. some quick questions:

a) does the map i made on the other page have your filming location about right? i was using the W Corrinne Dr address to get the map.

b) we found the other video on your site where you spot a weather baloon. if i've identified the mountain in that film correctly the mountain that's in view for a few seconds is to the east, not the southwest, whereas if i've got your address and viewing angle about right on my map the mountain in the nighttime video is to the southwest. is this right?

c) there's a guy on here who's pretty good with movie editing that we asked to take a look at your video, but since he's on a mac and macs don't like .wmv files he wasn't able to get it into his software. if there any chance you could get some of the video into a different format -- .mpg is probably best -- so he could take a look at it.

d) is there any chance you can take a daytime photo of the same mountain ridge the lights were on, preferably zoomed in a lot?

as for attaching images, when you're writing a reply put the full url -- http and everything -- in between tags and it should show up in the post. i think there should be no spaces between the tags and the address.

finally, can you comment at all about the lights = beacons hypothesis? if you have a rough idea of where they were can you tell us where? a lot of the people following this are or were locals so we have some knowledge of the local area.

thanks again for dropping by.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
sisonek: The Corrine address is not correct... his real address can be found here (his portfolio page). And as for the direction of my viewing based on your map, I'd say my angle is probably pretty accurate, I'd say what I saw was probably towards the southernn part of the FOV you had on the map of me (but still most likely within it). Given it's now a week & a half ago, I'd have to get on the 101 again to accurately determine where I saw it.

Hopefully he'll have the time to reply later with all kinds of good info. I'm glad to know that he's been doing quite a bit of investigating as well.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
ScislaC: thanks for figuring out his real address...that one was in the phonebook and in the msn map kinglizard put up but i couldn't find it in mapquest so i figured that i'd go with the Corrinne location; since you're saying the lights were at the south end of the FOV thing (which is just a wild guess as to both size and direction) and he was looking down from further north than you were the best guess for now is probably that the lights were probably further to the southwest, maybe somewhere "through" the dip between the white tank mountains and the mountain range at the bottom of the map.

i'm out of ideas for now, though, and waiting for more new info...

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
sisonek: If you were to continue on down that line to the southwest, you can see the town of Buckeye, if you continue a little further, and off of the map you posted, you could see Palo Verde.

Back to more of a due south direction is South mountain, and I believe, I may be wrong, but I believe the Goldwater range is on the other side of those mountains, and west of the Gila Indian reservation.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Rob

word, thanks for coming by. i'm almost done making a big post with some questions for you. i'll cut and paste the questions for you here, but i'm still going to put the post on the board, and it's probably better if the questiosn get answered out there instead of in u2u's back and forth, because that way everyone can see the answers

OK.

so that's my thinking; how does it sound? i'd really like to see the new map you guys put together -- if you put it on your website put a link in the forum or use the u2u to send me a note.

You guys were just too far west. Not bad sleuthing, you got my address and all that was real good work. (spooky though)

thanks again for coming by, don't mind the trolls -- bulletin board slang for people just here to pick fights -- and hopefully with your help we can get this going.

No worries. its the odd knuckleheads that are sprinkled about, that make this type of forum interesting I would think.

ps: here's the questions i'm gonna ask in the forum:

a) does the map i made on the other page have your filming location about right? i was using the W Corrinne Dr address to get the map.

Umm, not so much. I will be posting an update page soon, in fact I will give you a way to see it before its done and linked. You all can be the first and tell me "hey this is confusing" ...."this makes no sense", beat it up for me.

b) we found the other video on your site where you spot a weather baloon. if i've identified the mountain in that film correctly the mountain that's in view for a few seconds is to the east, not the southwest, whereas if i've got your address and viewing angle about right on my map the mountain in the nighttime video is to the southwest. is this right?

That Video starts on my daughter to the east and pans north

c) there's a guy on here who's pretty good with movie editing that we asked to take a look at your video, but since he's on a mac and macs don't like .wmv files he wasn't able to get it into his software. if there any chance you could get some of the video into a different format -- .mpg is probably best -- so he could take a look at it.

Lets wait as I just got the newest TV3 Video from the producer. They just did a whole big story. They really wanted me to be the focal point of the story, but I had to decline........ I asked myself "Have I ever see someone being interviewed about a UFO they saw who came out looking like roses, or fully sane?". However, the producer and I have become friends and we sharing info and media. Can I post the link here? Ahhhh,,,google estrella lights 3TV

ps: here's the questions i'm gonna ask in the forum:

Close

d) is there any chance you can take a daytime photo of the same mountain ridge the lights were on, preferably zoomed in a lot?

Sure .....I gotta go.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
sisonek: If you were to continue on down that line to the southwest, you can see the town of Buckeye, if you continue a little further, and off of the map you posted, you could see Palo Verde.

Back to more of a due south direction is South mountain, and I believe, I may be wrong, but I believe the Goldwater range is on the other side of those mountains, and west of the Gila Indian reservation.

yeah, that's my impression too. i think we can rule out south mountain if i've got nepenthean placed about right, because if the lights were as bright as ScislaC is saying and were in the south mountain direction then nepenthean should've been able to see them, but didn't; hopefully wonderblend will be back with more info soon, 'cause i'm at about the limit of what i can figure out with the information available to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
ok, great -- guess our posts passed in the posting, eh?

i'm just gonna wait now for the new map -- i'm looking forward to it. my attitude's always "i'd rather know the answer than be the one who figures it out" so even if my map was way off i'm glad i got the ball rolling.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
WOW!

It is the REAL ROB

What a treat. Welcome to the ATS

I heard Dr. Sky on coast to coast am radio talking with George Noory.

I'm not in AZ but I did see The lights! in September of 95.

Here's my story it's also in my blog.

I have seen many Unidentified Flying Objects in these skies near Area 51, but this one takes the cake.

It was a cloudless day in September of 1995. At that time there was no electricity or phone lines available, in this area. We were extremely secluded from other people. Generators and solar panels were our source of electricity. The wells generator was a 5K, due to the depth of over 450 feet.
That morning the water ran out at 9:30 a.m. so I had to go outside and pump some more up from the well. The well is about 100 feet from the house. Just as I was going to pull on the rope I heard an airforce jet and looked up. Airforce jets are certainly not unusual for this area, but what was unusual was there were six star-like objects following it. I ran to the house to get my daughter to see this strange event. I guess I just wanted someone else to verify what I was in fact seeing. Within minutes the jet, with the objects following it went out of sight. They were heading north towards Area 51. My daughter and I were baffled as to what those things were, but I proceeded to pump up the water from the well.
We went back inside and my daughter started doing the morning dishes. We'd talk about those strange lights, following the jet. I brushed it off.... as some military secret project of some kind. After doing all the mornings chores the water ran out again. It was 11:30 a.m.
Just as I opened the door to go outside THERE THEY WERE! Directly above my head at 12:00 o'clock high at approximately 100 feet up. There were anywhere from 150-200 of these star-like objects. I yelled to my daughter to come see this! We both went outside right underneath them. We just stood there and watched in awe.
The objects ranged from the size of a basketball to that of a tennis ball. They could maneuver up, down, sideways, and zig-zag. They were silent and even appeared to be dancing, across the sky. Moving ever-so slowly. I felt (they knew) we were watching them.
My daughter asked, " Mom what are those things?" Moms are supposed to have the answers right? This time I didn't have a clue and responded, I don't know???
I call them a star-like objects, because they were a brilliant white light. These too were moving north which would be in the direction of Area 51. One of the basketball size lights almost lit on our 8 foot fence and was approximately 20 feet from us. It started making a strange noise. An extremely irritating humming sound and was changing from the light form, into what appeared metallic. That's when my daughter and I decided to flee back into the house. I know it was 11:30 a.m. when we went outside. It was 1:30 p.m. when we got back into the house. We didn't say a word to each other and both of us felt afraid.
I guess we were not the only ones in Nevada to see these strange lights. People in Las Vegas seen them too. Garage doors were opening mysteriously, for no reason. The media was told that the Awax plane caused that. As far as the lights go.... The military brushed it off by saying it was army guys, in the nearby mountains using laser beams.
I'm sorry but I don't buy that excuse. We did see these same lights again, during the 911 no fly time. There were only about a dozen of them at that time and they were at a much higher altitude. I just hope they are ours. Otherwise.....we're being invaded folks.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join