It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cracking Open the Mind of a COINTELPRO Agent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This topic could be placed in another forum, but it's base is in psychology, so here it is.

How often have you been going back and forth with someone here or elsewhere on the internet with the sneaking suspicion in the back of your head that your adversary, for lack of a better word, was not what they seemed?

Have you heard of the government programs, specifically targeting online sites like this one and others, with express intent to sow suspicion, doubt, and divisiveness?

I, for one, am very interested, to say the least, in this subject. I look at any given comment section or thread on a relevant issue that would stand to have COINTELPRO, the self given name of such described government financed spooks, and deeply wonder which posters, if any, are the snakes in the grass.

We know they are there, we know they are devious, we know they are cunning, but we don't know for sure exactly how and where they operate. Sometimes, it seems they only attempt to go the ad hominem route, casting doubt on their qarry through derision and strawman tactics. Sometimes, they use the guilt-by-association tactic; aligning themselves with their target but making wild and baseless claims, hoping any uninformed readers will see the nonsense and equate it with the truthful assertions.

There are many tactics they can and will use, but a creeping thought has crawled it's way into my thoughts: what if they aren't just trying to keep people away from conspiracy related subjects?

What if there is a whole other layer to this subversion we aren't aware of?

Have you found yourself parousing a thread of seemingly innocuous subject matter that wouldn't stand to have a paid COINTELPRO operative sowing disorder, yet still seem to have the nagging feeling one is there? This thought disturbs me. If they really are in these seemingly unrelated, unthreatening(to the PTB, of course) subjects, then the question of how deep the rabbit hole goes is beyond simple totalitarian control of the physical and basic mental world.

If they really are trying to pry into every facet of thought, this means that the game goes all the way into your deepest subconscious, mayhap your very soul. But why? How? This would go beyond an orwellian state, beyond the nightmarish situation proposed by The Matrix, beyond anything I have ever heard proposed.

Is anyone else picking up on this? I would like to know your insights into COINTELPRO, your thoughts and experiences in dealing with these most mysterious of strangers, and your take on my last paranoiac suppositions of total mindf**kery.

I suspect this could either go unnoticed or produce a highly interesting exchange.

And, concerning potential agents provocateur, please, don't be afraid to chime in, you must have SOMETHING to say on this.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Also, this happens to be my first thread, so mark this date in your Hello Kitty diaries!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Congratz on your first thread - hopefully it'll be the first of many!

Now onto the matter at hand.

Whilst I have no doubt that pages here are scanned for sentiment, gauged for public opinion and scrutinised for similarities or differences by a large number of agencies ranging from government to military to to big press I don't think that there are any people paid to come on here and keep people on the wrong track with their thinking upon particular subjects.

It's a nice thought for a conspiracy site to need to have someone sabotage the search of truth because it would topple reality for us all if it were ever found out. A really nice thought. But have you seen the quality of some of the reasoning used by people who are obviously not shills, disinfo agents or otherwise.

There are clearly deluded individuals who visit here and share their thoughts and meet like-minded people which can only be a recipe for heartache for someone.

Without pointing out specific people or threads I have observed people further establish false premises for each other, change their story to agree with someone who appears to share a similar mindset, deny scientific evidence which doesn't back-up what they are attempted to postulate, overlook their own contradictions, have moderators remove posts which they deem as 'offensive' or off-topic and bash supposed sceptics in a fashion that no one who understands the Human Rights Act would accept as just.

If there is anything misinforming the masses it is those who choose to take their fantasies and lay them out as facts in a text book fashion of delusion. There is no need for paid government shills as there is plenty enough muddying the waters - for free - already.

For me ATS is the home of some great research, some decent opinions and ideas on a wide range of subjects and a source of breaking news which isn't 'too controlled' by what is going on in the main stream.

If you want to read a disturbing story, and one which a place like this may foster, then click here and see for yourself the problems that arise from pretend playing on the internet.

Starred and flagged for an interesting topic.

Hopefully it will receive many people's opinions and further our understanding of the community and why it is the way it is.

-m0r

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I haven't researched this so I don't know if there is any truth to it but I have wondered who runs this site and if it might be these folks you are talking about.

It seems like a good idea to create a site like this and then flood it with crap to take people off the trail of the real issues. And when stuff comes up they don't want us to talk aobut they post plenty of disinfo in those threads to prevent a consensus and to skew the conversation the direction they want. But it is also very possible they don't even need to do any of this because we do it ourselves well enough.

For example.. I believe that all this alien talk is disinfo to simply take us off the real issue which is hidden super technologies like antigravity and free energy. I believe this is tech we developed from finding out what the Nazi's were working on at the end of the war. I think the way they figured they could hide this technology was to offer up something we want to believe far more than anything -- that the government is hiding aliens. It makes a perfect cover for all of it and even makes a good reason they keep it secret -- because they supposedly dont even understand it and can't replicate it on a large scale.

But I can't tell if the people in these threads and on this site are pushing this agenda as disinfo or simply because it's a sexier reality. But these people could be wondering the same about me.. But I do believe there is solid evidence to back-up the Germans developing this tech outlined in The Hunt for Zero Point by Nick Cook -- non-fiction.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Thanks for the kind words and thought put into your reply!

My problem with what you stated is that, though I regretably cannot provide reference, I have seen and read information laying out the existence of of said agents. Their numbers and variety are unknown, but I will not side with doubt on this issue. They might not be ever present, but I myself have come into contact with individuals who smack of skullduggery. After some digging, with admittidly only several successes, I found them to be "ex" military.

Your statements on infighting are spot on, seeing the ridiculous exchanges here and elsewhere can drag at the heart. People are very deluded often times, their psychological problems highly evident in their simplest of word choices.

Now, as for my assessment of your response in total, it seems you would have me to believe that there are no COINTELPRO slithering through the weeds of the net, and that is exactly what I would suspect to hear from one of them, and your well-spoken demeanor and fluid logic would have me think that, if I were to be so bold, you are exactly what I asked for in the last paragraph of my original post.

Or you could be an individual of stout intellect testing my resilience, in which case I believe I have responded at least modestly satisfactorily.

Then again, you may just be what you appear to be: another inquisitive member with skepticism and interest in politics of truth.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
You may well be close to the mark in some respects....Nazis technologies etc....
However i dont discount the ET hypothesis as well......
The disinfo business is a lot bigger then we give it credit i believe.
I definately think that TEAMS of POLITICAL CRONIES,and others as well, work the net to produce public perception seven days a week.
It is obvious what huge results can be obtained for such little effort and expenseCompared to buying ad space, TV spots, and other propaganda mediums,The web offers vast coverage and virtually free to boot!
There are many peoples with social and moral agendas, who are seeking to inflict the same upon as many if not all peoples.
These worldviews and such are repeated over and over by amature and professionals who work to move the opinions and perceptions along the paths power blocs wish to see them go....
GOOD BP, NESSESSARY WAR......ILLEGAL ALIENS,9/11, and countless other subjects are discussed on thousands, perhaps millions of web sites world wide.
A dedicated staff of blogger/poster type propaganda workers could concievably create a groundswell for or against any subject.
Of course this is in conjunction with MSM too.....
Cherry picking the news for the right stories to set an emotional tone for the audience is another one thats obvious to many.
I believe that THEY are out there, and THEY whoever they are, get paid well if they are working for the different gov agencies....and corps.....
as well as there are volunteers who work for political parties doing the same type of salting in forums,on facebooks and in discussion groups of all levels.
Any controversial subject or sensitive area probably has teams who do this work.
As long as there are those who are fanatical ebout the subject enough to support it.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by stirling]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 8311-XHT

I agree with you on the subject of aliens. Though I would love for it to be true, I don't believe it is wise to spend a lot of time spouting off on the subject when it is so mercurial. Even if it's true, the final say is left to the government, and there is very little to do about that, so going on about it and mixing it in with much more credible and well established subjects only serves to hurt the search for truth and it's dissemination to the masses.

The high technology you speak of is of utmost importance, in my eye. Nikola Tesla is the key player here, and his direct involvement with one JP Morgan is a red flag as far as elite manipulation goes. He was blacklisted and hidden from widespread acknowledgement, his work destroyed in some cases and confiscated in others. The technology he spoke of could easily put us in space and let us live free from energy restrictions. His whole story is yet another reason to believe in the Conspiracy.
The Nazis most likely were working off his research, though they might have somehow come alongside him in findings, one cannot be sure about this.

I suggest you go about with a critical eye from now on when taking in the opinions of strangers on these interesting subjects. Even if there is nothing to the suspicion, it will sharpen your faculties and keep you entertained.

Thanks for following along!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

The news article you linked to was indeed disturbing and morbidly fascinating. I fear it might turn out to be a successful movie someday.

Your point about TPTB not having to actually do any shilling is valid, though I don't think they'd leave it up to the masses they so very much disrespect.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Yes, I believe the government pooled info from The Nazi's by way of Viktor Schauberger. Nikola Tesla and T. Townsend Brown. I think all three of these guys had arrived at nearly the same point coming from different directions.

It's weird too because Stan Deyo, possbily one of the disinfo agents IMO, mentioned in one of his presentations about how some American scientist got the idea for anti-gravity by seeing a vortex/whirlpool in the water while fishing. I believe he was referencing Schauberger in some fashion because that is where Schauberger got his idea for a propulsion system and then it evolved into the "Bell". But does Stan Deyo know this was obtained from Schauberger or was that a line he was fed?

What I wonder is if all this information about how to develop antigravity and frree energy is available to us but we just can't put the pieces together because of all the disinfo. I just wouldn't be surrpised if the answers are all right under our noses right now and we haven't figured it out.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The OP could be a CoinIntelPro agent trying to garner our trust.
All we can do is assume, most of the people on ATS do not know each other in reality so we can't be sure who would be a CoinIntelPro agent or not.

Hell, maybe CoinIntelPro was a name the government created to throw us off from the real threats.

Congrats on your first thread

Stay paranoid my friend

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theflyingscudman

You are welcome and thank you for the personalised reply.

I think perhaps we need a better definition of what a COINTELPRO does.

Now before we go further I do expect you to think that this could be a method of diversion used to control or derail your purpose with this thread as set out in your OP so I'll explain my thoughts upon it and hopefully you will understand why I ask.

During the Obama/McCain election drive in the US massive campaigns were set up by both parties interested in taking the presidency. Telephone, email, door-to-door and mail was sent out to try and alter people's perceptions upon who they should vote for. It was the most organised PR event that had ever come into being within the US political elections and it was seriously well organised. I remember watching the BBC and seeing tech reporters mention Twitter for the first time, Facebook pages being established and blogging sites being named. In essence a huge educational drive was being put forward to have people sign up and get categorised.

I didn't see the point of Twitter then and I still don't see it's use now - but now everyone (ATS included) has a Twitter or knows people who tweet.

I'd expect this operation, by both sides of the potential winners of Government, to be a COINTELPRO concept. Having millions of people visit a Facebook page, see a funny cartoon, express their thoughts about Barack or John (Or Sarah) all requires signing up, logging in and dropping out. An operation which has huge beneficial affects to the efficiency of the intelligence operations section of the US government regardless of who claims the election is exactly how I would work if I was in charge.

Having someone hang around forums and doing individual postings to only a few people seems like a waste of resources and effort - especially when you look at every single forum in the world. Are World of Warcraft trolls COINTELPRO agents too? They have exactly the same kind of group dynamics we have here on individual threads with exactly the same outcome. If it only when it comes to UFOs/9-11/Masons that we get them showing up?

Facebook received money from the CIA to get it established. There are tons of threads on here about how it operates. I'd expect that the people that you say you saw and the numbers and/or funds associated would most likely be in huge operations which create profiles of every single citizen of the world rather than someone to hang around in a forum.

So I'm not against the COINTELPRO concept at all. I believe that the CIA/NSA or whomever definitely pays out money to control the web. I just think they do it to a scale that conquers all rather than throw a few people, who will fight anyway, a false clue or two to keep them away from 1 particular truth out of millions.

I hope I have come across clearly here. If you have any questions I'll happily elaborate.

As for my being a skull digger I knew from the content in your initial post that some scrutiny would be applied to any responses - especially first responses and expected to at least have some suspicion cast upon me.

I like the way that you reflected 3 times upon who or why I would respond in the manner that I did and would like it to be noted that whilst being a spy or agent of an intelligence agency would be cool, having a stout intellect pretty sweet, I'm just a regular Joe who tries to investigate the unknown as best I can without getting too excited about the fantastical over the mundane.

Again, I'm sure this thread will have many sorts of opinions in it and I hope to see all aspects of the COINTELPRO angle explored.

-m0r

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Well said, very well laid out points and whatnot. My contention is, though there are only several visible participants in the exchange, the back and forth could potentially be viewed by innumerable readers trying to make sense of the issue. Though the act of jumping on threads in hopes of capturing the minds of potential truth-seekers sounds like wishful thinking, I put little past the people at the top who just so happen to own the world, the money, and the resources necessary to carry out such convoluted mind-games.

This subject needs much more consideration and viewpoints such as yours, not to mention posters who can actually type a response that would make it past any form of editing(thats me complimenting on your writing.)

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
HOW TO SPOT POLITICAL SHILLS AND GOVERNMENT SPONSORED TROLLS

Ah, freedom of speech! Nowhere is it more natural to freely exchange thoughts and ideas than on the boards of teh interwebs. Scattered amongst the rantings of dolts and tirades of children, one can often find a level of real back and forth communication and exchanging of ideas, rarely found in the real world anymore, since now when people gather together in a public space, they more often than not are busy texting somebody a REALLY IMPORTANT MESSAGE, or chatting to their spouse discussing what needs to be picked up at the grocery store. But I digress! That whole free speech thing? THE GLOBALISTS DON'T LIKE THAT BECAUSE YOU MIGHT BE TALKING ABOUT THEM AND THEIR SEKRIT PLANZ!! Or perhaps the fact that one day they decided to blow the #%&$ out of the economy and the WTC, and that has given them reason to suspect that the pitchforks and torches might be marching their way any time now, and they would like a quick heads up so they can catch the next flight to their lairs in Uruguay and the UAE. So, we get paid government trolls to go along with the already existing infestation of shills whom I shall identify forthwith!

The first thing you need to remember, is that there are three major categories of these feculent little turds. I shall identify each arch-type, where they can usually be found wallowing, and some of the strategies that they are fed by their particular tribal chieftains.

TYPE ONE--THE RELIGIOUS KOOKS

This variety of lurker (who work exclusively on a volunteer basis) is generally a harmless little critter. They interrupt the flow of conversations with the tried and true method of spamming biblical verses in comment sections ranging from body builder sites to gaming boards and, of course, 4-chan. They are a nuisance that most, if not all of us are familiar with, and the Humans of Earth have more or less adapted as a species to filter out their soul saving, cut and pasted diatribes. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that you haven't even noticed them recently, as your scrolling wheel muscles now developed in such a way that they unconsciously move your cursor right on past their posts. But they are still there, I assure you!

TYPE 2--THE POLITICAL SHILLS

Now THESE buggers can be a tricky lot, and they come in almost endless varieties. Among the lower end of the spectrum, you will find creatures such as the "Knee-Jerk Repub/Dems", the "Lone Patriots", and the oft misunderstood "Hairy Pitted Progressive Chick". These, among others that share their habitat, are under the impression that they are politically aware, because they read at least two news sources daily that subscribe to their particular brand of left/right fluff, and will not hesitate to insert their inane five sentences into your otherwise Golden Thread of Knowledge. Ignore them or give them a quick cyber-shoo!, and they will generally go away. If they persist, ask them a detailed question that would have required them to read something more substantial than an article on the Huffington Post to answer, and you will see them no more. In the middle range you will find the "Paid Blogger", who will defend their ill-researched articles from your pointing out mistakes in their work like a mama badger. You will be on their territory when you engage in battle with these ferocious beasties, so it's best to bid yourself a hasty retreat if things get too heated. On the top of the political food chain is the dreaded "Twelve Pronged AIPAC Attack Formation". YHWH help you if you comment with anything other than boot licking zionist fervor on any article regarding Bibi mocking America or the IDF slaughtering 10 year olds who looked at them funny. The pure volume of cries of anti-semite/self hating jew thrust upon you will momentarily stun all but the most experienced web warrior. These are a mix of volunteers and paid professionals, and will keep your name on their permanent records! Cont...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
TYPE 3--CASS SUNSTEIN'S GOVERNMENT SPONSORED ACRONYM PATROL OF GREAT JUSTICE

So as I have saved the best for last, you may think that I, as a patriotic American, might have a thing or two to say about the recently announced plan for alphabet agencies to infiltrate chat groups and web sites, devised by a Harvard educated law professor who moonlights as Obama's sub par Czar of Public Relations at the Ministry of Truth. You would be right.

Thus far, Sunstein's main claims to fame have been his positions on topics such as...

Taxes---"we should celebrate tax day"

Marriage--- "Under our proposal, the word marriage would no longer appear in any laws"

Gutting the First Amendment--- “In light of astonishing economic and technological changes, we must doubt whether, as interpreted, the constitutional guarantee of free speech is adequately serving democratic goals.

The Internet--- "may weaken democracy because it allows citizens to isolate themselves within groups that share their own views and experiences, and thus cut themselves off from any information that might challenge their beliefs, a phenomenon known as cyberbalkanization."

Conspiracy Theories--- "Government agents (and their allies) might enter chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine percolating conspiracy theories by raising doubts about their factual premises, causal logic or implications for political action."

Paying off "experts" to tow the government line---Sunstein and Vermeule also analyze the practice of secret government payments to outside commentators, who are then held out as independent experts; they suggest that "government can supply these independent experts with information and perhaps prod them into action from behind the scenes," further warning that "too close a connection will be self-defeating if it is exposed." Sunstein and Vermeule argue that the practice of enlisting non-government officials, "might ensure that credible independent experts offer the rebuttal, rather than government officials themselves. There is a tradeoff between credibility and control, however. The price of credibility is that government cannot be seen to control the independent experts."

SO YEAH, THIS GUY IS FREAKING AWESOME, AND I WELCOME HIM AND HIS MINIONS INTO MY SO CALLED LIFE.

So now we not only get have the spooks from the NSA, CIA, and FBI reading our every word, but hey, they will now stealthily infiltrate my beautifully constructed thread about Lizard People to nudge my thinking along towards a constructive and non threatening outlook on the denizens of the Hollow Earth. Sweet.

BUT THERE IS AN UPSIDE!!

And that is, how smart do you really think these yahoos are going to be? I mean, if you graduate from the top of your Spook School, do you really think that they will stick you in the nether regions of ATS? NO! You will get a real job with a sweet badge and a gun. The dummies that get stuck with us are bottom rung at best, along with "contractors" who are actually college students studying criminal justice working their summer job. Not only are they going to fail miserably in changing our minds, but I'd wager that we can turn some of THEM towards the Chapel Perilous, towards the madness of the awakening, and they will forever rue the day they messed with this bunch. But they will continue to post here from their mother's basement. I say, GAME ON!!

[edit on 6-9-2010 by erumisato]

[edit on 6-9-2010 by erumisato]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

... Go on...

I like the Spider Jerusalem avatar, still wishing they's make some sort of cartoon series out of the comic.

top topics

join