It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami-Dade cop Frank Adams: Colleagues lie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This cop seems to be on a crusade to highlight the police abuse in Miami-Dade. He seems to have an impressive record and even his daughter is on the force.

The biggest issue I have is why he has waited so long to come out PUBLICLY with this? Seems he has been whistleblowing internally since 2002 and nothing seems to have come out of it.

soft-spoken 15-year department veteran watched four fellow cops kick, choke, and punch an unarmed subject eight years ago, he says, it was every bit as vicious as the infamous Los Angeles incident. The only difference: There wasn't a video camera to catch it.

he says the state's largest police department has become a menace, regularly abusing and humiliating the people it's sworn to protect — and then lying about it. He's risking his career by speaking with New Times to expose its failings.

www.miaminewtimes.com...

In this article, Frank Adams talks about quotas and provides proof.

Frank Adams -- the renegade cop who claims to have witnessed a pattern of abuse, dishonesty, and cover-ups in Florida's largest department -- this won't shock you: He says his bosses are lying about quotas, and he has documentation to show it.

blogs.miaminewtimes.com...

Here Frank Adams give five reasons why cops pull people over in Miami-Dade.

Five reasons cops pull you over

I support law enforcement but I am a believer that law enforcement should do a better job of weeding out those who abuse their power of authority.

Any comments welcomed.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This should just go to show that there are still some good cops out there. In fact, I don't even blame the police for our current situation of human rights abuses by cops. Instead, I blame the system in which the cops operate. Anyway, I applaud this officer, so long as his intentions are pure.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Miami cops are dirty and have been for a long time. I know firsthand how low they can go. If they did come around to my neighborhood they were doing things like planting drugs on people, roughing people up for no reason, falsifying police reports. They don't have a good reputation...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

fellow veterans will probably agree. every speciality, every discipline, every branch of service, and every profession of training seems to have it's own jargon and own language. All disciplines are also collectively (superego) interested and have invested interest (motivator$) for preserving their own profession.

for this officer to do this is a credit to his profession, and also places him in an ethical and moralistic conundrum, a paradox. he risks self preservation, professional pursecution, isolation, and perhaps his life, to do what it is he thinks is the right thing to do.

i can respect the choices this officer has made, he is a testament to the force.

may the force be with you,
et

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Good for him for reporting abuses by those who are a disgrace to the profession. It's been my experience, when one comes forward, others follow.

Unfortunately, some young impressionable officers are convinced, most often by those who abuse their authority, that fellow LE are the only people they can trust and they'd better have the backs of those around them, because they are the only ones who will protect them.

I'll tell you it is not a comfortable position to be in, after reporting illegal or unethical behavior by someone and have to face their "friends", on a daily or nightly basis.

As for Adams's list of five reasons for being pulled over. He left out the number one reason... You've violated a traffic law!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

As for Adams's list of five reasons for being pulled over. He left out the number one reason... You've violated a traffic law!

I agree. IMO, most cops aren't looking to frame somebody.

My prediction is that this cop will ultimately retire due to the pressure he will feel from his own department.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Or he will be left to hang when a deadly situation occurs.

I read that article ealier, notice the part where NO charges were brought against the 4 criminals yet Frank Adams was suspended for investigating fellow officers?

There are not many peace officers left. A few, but not many.

The majority of them now are jackboot statute enforcement officials, aka tax collectors for the bureau of police operation fund.

That is a huge component of the police departments now, they operate on the funds they collect from fines and the like. Nice to know that the government has institutionalized and legalized mafiaesque protection and shakedown rackets.

Oh well, the people are awakening to the system of corruption that is inherent in our system.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower]

new topics

top topics

join