It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't our govt/military ever learn?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm starting to study international relations in college this semester. My professor has been saying that the United States is having difficulty with Al-Qaeda because they are fighting assymetrical warfare. Now putting conspiracy theories aside, I have a hard time believing this is the case. People act like we aren't fighting a clearly defined enemy. But we are. We are fighting the terrorist organizations that attacked us on 9-11 and we have a right to defend our allies from them, and, to defend ourselves from them. That's my view.

These terrorist organizations have great PR because they're able to claim that the American government is an evil empire. We are in fact an evil empire, or, at least we have been for the last 200 years (in my opinion anyways). But by going into 75 different countries and invading foreign lands and occupying them doesn't work. All that does is plays right in our enemies hands. We can defeat most enemies but if we are too far spread out we create more terrorism when in reality we're trying to fight the terrorists we are fighting.

By waging war against terrorism to defeat terrorism we create it. Our leaders must understand that the terrorists fighting in the Middle East are no different from the people who were ideologically behind the Soviet Union. I believe we can view the model in the war against terror in a political, military, international, and ideological view much like the same way we could view the Soviets. Once we have more of a deeper understanding about how we view the Al-Qaeda organization, we can more effectively reduce its influence around the world. It will take time... but treating them as just if they were terrorists who wanted to go around the world blowing stuff up won't work.

That's what our leaders need to realize. We're fighting not just a bunch of people but we're fighting people who are fighting for an ideology and who believe they are fighting for a religion. Instead our leaders seem to think that these people are just animals with no brains that just want to go around and blow stuff up...

I've been reading a book about the history of Al-Qaeda (the Secret History of Al-Qaeda) so I've just been wondering why people have such a hard time understanding Al-Qaeda. We shouldn't be intervening in all of these foreign lands and nations. Not because we can't do it. But because it creates resentment around the world- and provides a recruiting boon to Al-Qaeda, and, because it essentially plays right into everyone else's hands. We have a right to help our allies, but, when will our government get it that we can't be an American empire? Empires just don't work. If we try to do many things and intervene too much in too many places our status will erode as a world power, anti-American sentiment will boom, and, Al-Qaeda will gain more legitimacy around the world.

Putting conspiracy theories aside, why won't our government seem to learn that even though this is an asymmetrical warfare that the standard rules of warfare still apply, and, if we do things that are overreaching, that people are going to react in certain ways and do certain things based on our actions?

It's as if the US government works for Al-Qaeda almost.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

It's as if the US government works for Al-Qaeda almost.

Close.... Al-Qaeda (Al-Cia_Duh) works for the US Government.

We have to have war to keep the Military industrial complex working. President Eisenhower tried to warn us, so did President Kennedy. Now we have large corporations that milk the Federal Government contracts for every penny they can get of our tax dollars.

Al-Qaeda is the new USSR boogie man. Only this time the boogie man can be anywhere but never found. Go to www.fbi.gov and look up Osama Bin Laden and see if he is even wanted for the 9/11 attacks. Its all a scam and we bought it hook line and sinker. The bankers and the mega corporations are gonna bleed we the people dry.

Government wants to control every aspect of out life. What we eat, what doctor we go to, how we are treated, and how much we weigh.

Government controls us through fear of the unknown we need to wake up and realize that Government lies.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I agree SWCCFAN, about for need for war, for wars sake. If it can earn a few votes from aZionist lobby, or gain some minerals-strategic influence here-or there, then it’s only a bonus.

Frankidealist35 because your clever enough to see the U.S isn’t achieving its public objectives (like “protect the people”), hopefully you’ll see its because the government has nothing to learn from your post. Why on Earth not use war to create terrorism, if it means the next 9/11 could be more real than the last one?

I think U.S policy has been very successful till 2003 when the absence of WMD's showed our leaders have heart to let our own people die with a deception, in their heads, as the prime motivation for their non-sacrifice.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
We are fighting the terrorist organizations that attacked us on 9-11 and we have a right to defend our allies from them, and, to defend ourselves from them.

If we were actually fighting the "terrorist organizations" that attacked us on 9/11, we'd be fighting the neocons, the CIA and Mossad (whose official motto is, "By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Make War.")

By waging war against terrorism to defeat terrorism we create it.

Almost all "terrorism" is manufactured out of thin air by governments. Been that way since Nero's burning of Rome. It's called the Hegelian Dialectic -- Problem/Reaction/Solution. 9/11 is nothing more than Hitler's Reichstag Fire, a staged event and excuse for the endless "War on Terror." Read the "Report From Iron Mountain" to understand the importance of war for manipulation and control of the population.

I've been reading a book about the history of Al-Qaeda (the Secret History of Al-Qaeda) so I've just been wondering why people have such a hard time understanding Al-Qaeda.

If you want to understand al CIA-duh, read George Orwell's '1984'. Osama bin Laden is the modern-day Emmanual Goldstein, the invincible global bogeyman who can never be captured or killed. The only purpose of al CIA-duh or manufactured enemies like Osama bin Laden is to scare and control gullible people while stealing trillions of dollars for illegal and immoral wars.

Dewd, it's all fake. That's why none of it makes sense to you.

[edit on 9/5/2010 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
They don't learn? Nonsense! They know exactly why they are failing at this and that. The squeaky wheel gets the grease,
What began as a genuine program to defend our young nation has grown into a business, and as we all know businesses must make money. But how?
Keep war going forever!
They will not learn because the ones who are the "deciders" never feel the consequences of their actions or policies. Casualties are faceless figures, never our leaders or their loved ones.
Failure creates a greater demand for everything, so our government constantly fails so that it can demand more power and money.
The feed us yellow cake uranium and terrorist threat stories to enforce their regime of fear and force our acquiescence.
Our best scientists have been stolen by the military to create faster and more efficient methods of killing, destruction and control. Their creations work too well and the power to control the planet is pretty much in their hands,
An overt display would invite rebellion so they prefer not to risk such a thing at present. If we could see all the secret weapons, all the information gathered and processed, the extent of their physical capacity to command men and resources ALL AT ONCE - we would freak out.
No-place above the surface of the earth is beyond their reach at any given moment.
Slowly, methodically, the mechanics of control grow and reinvent themselves making the beast stronger everyday,
Control from above or total anarchy is the choice being laid before us. I doubt it will be too much longer before the urge for liberty outweighs all thoughts of comfort and safety.
9/11 may prove to be the seminal event that shows what lengths government elements may go to in achieving their agendas,
The lies are too thin to last forever. Too many people were there that know what the 911 commission lied and distorted to create a cover story for the real perpetrators to get away.
The trail of bread crumbs seem to lead right to Israel.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The whole reason that we are having *trouble fighting the "war on terror", is because we aren't supposed to be winning this "war". There are political and financial benefits to this "war". Instead of kicking but and taking names, we are having it drawn out and exaggerated. Even if our enemy is asymmetrical, to which they are (if you look at what really is behind it), we should and could easily win. However, it is not in the interest of the infamous PTB to win this war or bring it to a quick victory.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Putting conspiracy theories aside,

Now why would you do that? Is this desire based on a thorough and impartial examination of government deceptions throughout history or a vague and probably implanted notion that "conspiracy theories" are somehow implausible and ridiculous.

I guess you aren't old enough to remember the officially acknowledged and phony Gulf of Tonkin incident (LBJ is quoted in NSA archives as saying, "those Navy boys were shooting at a bunch of flying fish!", which led to another disaster and nightmarish quagmire.

You really think anything has changed?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

People act like we aren't fighting a clearly defined enemy.

Were they wearing a uniform that distinguished them from civilians, or not hiding among the civilians whilst attacking, I would agree with you. But they don't wear anything clearly marking them as the opposing force and they do hide amongst civilians. Hard to know who the enemy is when they intentionally blend in with civilians.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Were they wearing a uniform that distinguished them from civilians, or not hiding among the civilians whilst attacking, I would agree with you. But they don't wear anything clearly marking them as the opposing force and they do hide amongst civilians. Hard to know who the enemy is when they intentionally blend in with civilians.

but Jenna, are you suggesting that there are not Americans on the Government payroll who are dressed in civilian attire in warzones?

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I didn't suggest anything one way or the other. I said exactly what I meant.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

ok then. thanks for the response.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Wow. I've never thought of it quite that way. I guess then that you do have a point. The Al-Qaeda organization does claim to be fighting US intervention around the world but by furthering the battlefield it gives the United States more of an excuse to be elsewhere in order to protect its own interests. It's kind of silly when you think about it.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

No they don't. But this organization did declare war on us. We may not be able to clearly identify it but my point was that people act like they don't know who our enemy really is, but in the end, it's all over the place. They are always saying that they hate the government through many news outlets and through websites on their group's stated goals. Obviously they help the military industrial complex through violence, but, my point was that the enemy is more easily able to identify than people think. People just need to understand it better.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Its just a sugar coated fantasy born of pure madness, with the goal of money, resources, and regional influence.

If our leaders really wanted to shock and awe these guys, this engagement could be over in a week or less. They obviously don't care about collateral damage or civilian casualties, so that should give a hint as to what the true objectives are. Swiftly and decisively eliminating the enemy is not really in the playbook, cause if it were, this war would have been wrapped up 8 years ago. Too much job security is on the line for this to ever end. I'm not talking about the soldiers either. They are sadly just pawns on the chessboard, carrying out secret agendas, of which they will never see the payoff.

Eventually the public will get sick and tired of this quagmire, but then it will be time to open up a new front. Iran and NK are on deck and in the hole respectively.

A point to ponder, what if tomorrow all crime, hate, and killing just stopped forever? Our society would collapse. We are so dependent on the war machine and crime and punishment that it could never be allowed to let peace break out.

top topics

join