It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel is training Kurdish fighters.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Citing the New Yorker magazine, Aljazeera claims that Israeli agents have been training Kurdish fighters as a counter to Iraqi Shia militias.

We'll have to wait and see if other media confirm.

www.aljazeera.com...

Edit: New Yorker linc
www.newyorker.com...

[edit on 22-6-2004 by BOHICA]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I've always seen the Kurds as a people who were brutally decimated by the people in power in Iraq. Perhaps training them to better defend themselves in such situations might not be a bad thing. Maybe if the oppressed are given the knowledge to defend themselves a foreign coalition would not be as necessary. Wouldn't that keep everyone happy? No persecuted Kurds and no occupying Americans... ?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
No arguments here. They seem to be the only ones motivated to take charge, however misquided, of their destiny. Except of course for the Iraqi insurgents.

But what about the Turks? They seem to be a little sensitive about the Kurds having too much power, if any at all.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Yea, this has to do with the different factions of Islam/Muslim in Iraq. Should be interesting to see how they get along after the war, last I heard the Kurds wanted to set up their own territory. I don;t doubt the Israelis are involved, however covertly.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:30 AM
link   
What I found even more interesting was the statement made by the former Israeli Prime Minister (Barak) to our Vice President (Cheney), America has lost in Iraq, the only issue is "choosing the size of your humiliation."

www.newyorker.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Kurds Deny Israeli Connection

The leader of Iraqi Kurds deny's any Israeli involvement in Northern Iraq.

Turks are very concerned about the report that appeared in New Yorker magazine.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
They are still Muslims, and it doesn't exactly look good for a Muslim group to state that they are receiving help from a Jewish country to defend themselves against other Muslims. Can't fault them for denying it publicly.

new topics

top topics

join