It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why people don't like the United states of America.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Reptile-
USA = Evil Empire.

So if you live here, either embrace it or leave.

All countries you have illegally and imorally invaded could say the same, so try to contribute with a little bit more to the thread instead of just using one brain cell. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
My friend, I respect what you are saying and you're right to say it.

First of all, let me start by saying that NO country in this world is innocent, especially not America. We are still a young country, and we still have many kinks to work out. Our government is becoming more and more corrupt, and unfortunately there aren't enough people who see this yet to actually do anything about it. There are those Americans who still think the government can do no wrong. I believe this is true for any country, America just gets the most exposure of it. The way we are heading, i believe there is going to be change soon my friend, trust in that. Every day more people are waking up to see that something must be done, and I honestly believe that the final straw will soon be pulled. It isn't as simple as voting in a new government, because our elections are nothing more than a show. When someone new runs for office, they lie and manipulate in any way they can just to get power, and then once they reach their office they completely back down on everything they promised they'd do *cough*Obama*cough* As you may guess, this makes it quite difficult to tell who really has the best interests at heart. Our congress does not listen to the will of the people anymore, and the big corporations/small elite have a crazy amount of influence. America is becoming less free every day. We are fighting an never ending war that the people did not want to start in the first place, our police are becoming more and more power mad and corrupt, and our rights are slowly but surely being stripped away one by one.

Also, I ask that anyone who is focusing on the ways America has messed up to look into their own countries current and past faults more. Maybe you will see that we all have our issues.

On a final note, I ask that you not judge the people of America too harshly for what our government has done and how mass media has portrayed us as. There are many of us who still stand up for what is right, and the majority of Americans are kind, intelligent, respectable people. I love America with all of my heart. It is my home and even with all of the corruption and ignorance, i couldn't leave. One day enough people will take a stand with me and we will reclaim our country from the evil corporate scum that has infiltrated our government and taken control. I just hope it's not too late. People in the Netherlands (or anywhere else) are no different than people in America. Our governments might be different, but mankind is the same no matter where you go. No one is perfect, we are all just trying to live our lives.

Much peace to you my brothers and sisters.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faustian Spirit

Originally posted by -Reptile-
USA = Evil Empire.

So if you live here, either embrace it or leave.

All countries you have illegally and imorally invaded could say the same, so try to contribute with a little bit more to the thread instead of just using one brain cell. Thank you.

I feel like every major country is guilty of this at some point in time. Invasion is by no means strictly American, in any way.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Queen Beatrix does not speak for You?

Careful Sinter.
Whom speaks for You?
You should know the American people have been misled just as the people of the Netherlands.

It sounds as if you are on a 'campaign' of your own.
To 'what' End?
What is 'your' point?
You act as if you know Not how the world works.
You have been on ATS far too long to know better.

Careful throwing stones. It appears you live in a glass house.
I seA U.
U?

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

"Royal Blood" or an 'agent' thereof dependent on it's favors?
'Royal blood' is meaningless if absent of Virtuosity itself.
'I' care.
U?

[edit on 7-9-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Firstly I am not an American citizen.

This thread is an interesting one indeed. Americans seem to be very patriotic (like everyone in their country should be), and self assurred.
This might be the root of the problem, and also why this thread will get many responses from Americans that need to defend their patriotism (totally unnecessary really).

This is just my opinion, and I am not attacking or hating on any Americans or the country. Just and observation:

There is a song by one of my favourite bands, Rammstein, called: Amerika. The lyrics go "We're all living in America, Coca Cola, Wonderbra, Mickey Mouse"

And the lyrics of this song is very true in my optinion. The whole world is living IN America. Worldwide people try and emulate the American way of life, giving up their own heritage and beliefs. Everywhere you go there is a McDonalds, Starbucks, the kids down the street try and dress like the rappers in their music videos. Television is dominated by American sitcoms and other programs. The world is controlled by America.

Then there is the thing about America trying to play the world police in all situations. I am sure most of the countries don't want Americas help when it comes to sorting out their problems, but America's help is forced upon them. Sure if they do need help, there is no problem in asking America, they will oblige.

My personal belief is that the media, tv, papers, internet all mass media is to blame for the way America is protrayed to the rest of the world. I am sure there is millions of really good people in America and that the average American citizen is nothing like the people on The O.C or Oprah for example.

Again, please, dont flame me, this is just my view. It might be flawed or wrong, but its my view non the less.

VVV

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hi, I'm 47 yr old, and i've never been abroad or been on a plane...if i had to choose anywhere i'd like to go in the world, it would be America...the people say it like it is, great music and film industry...and a passion for what they are and love...GBA.....from yorkshire UK.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I thought it was mostly because rich arrogant americans started acting like jackasses to other countries? Well that is what I was told.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I do not dislike the US at all... I've been there (both coasts) and love its people, food, roads and landscapes.

There's something with some military actions taken on the last decade, but IMHO that can't make an overall judgement for a country and its people at all. Even that can eventually be understood from a western point of view.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

You should know the American people have been misled just as the people of the Netherlands.

I am fully aware of it.and I do care. Although I'm not sure if we care about the same things.

You want to know my point ? My point is more like a feeling and I feel that things are wrong in the world and I would regret it if I did not speak up. I think you see things that aren't there. Why do you think I have an agenda ?

Why do you think I care about your royal blood ? Please feel free to u2u me. I would love to hear you explain why I should know better. What is on your mind ?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I am an American and I applaud you! 80% of the people of this "Great" Nation are so caught up with getting everything they want, they'll step on their Moms to get it.
They don't see that the things that they do are wrong, and expect others to pay for it when they make mistakes.
I like to think that I am not like that but I have grown up all my life here. Great thread S+F

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Why do you think I have an agenda ?

This is another american issue: if you're not with us, you're against us, and thus have an agenda. Life ain't that black and white, there's also grey. I, for myself, have NOTHING against americans, they are what they are and far from me to try to change a people. In fact, contemporary culture owes much to the United States, be it through Pollock, Nirvana, Hollywood, Pop-Art, McDonalds, Hip-Hop, hell, YOU NAME IT. You got good, you got bad, and then you got Bush, which by himself obliterates everything said before. But hey, you could start by cleaning the bad image americans have worldwide by being less paranoic, less trusty about your government and accept criticism in a more healthier way. I am not judging you, let alone saying you're evil (like some jock said before), but there's plenty of things you could improve, alright.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Faustian Spirit

I'm not quite sure if you are addressing me with your post but if you are, you are tatally mis understanding me. Besides I do not think this was what the other poster was thinking of.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
It should read

"Why people don't like the foreign and domestic policies put in place by the "so called" elected leaders of the United States of America"

Why do you think that?

The way you put it you make it sound like if the US was under a dictatorship that overtook power without it's citizens consent.

But as far as I know the US is a democracy and these leaders were put into power by the vast majority of US citizens. No?

Also for what I know the military service isn't mandatory in the US. It's a volunteer work. So why people keep volunteering to work (and risk their lives) for the ones you refer to as "so called elected leaders" to implement their "foreign and domestic policies"?

The facts are:
- These are (and were) US elected leaders.
- They were (and are) put into power by the votes of American citizens in a democratic way.
- They and their actions represent the country to the world.
- People must agree with what's being done otherwise they wouldn't enlist to military work and put their lives at risk for something they do not believe in.
- General public (Americans) either don't care or agree with their (leaders) actions.

Nothing against the US or Americans, quite the opposite since I love the US. But I hate this "It's not my fault, I'm not like that, I'm not accountable, I'm the poor victim that has no fault on any of this" attitude.

If you think the ones in charge of your country are a problem then you should either accept that and recognize you're part of the problem or do something to fix it.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

There is a reply on page 4, it is the second post, by Guillotinegleam and I hope everyone goes back and rereads these most significant five paragraphs.

No country in this world is innocent and Sinter, I have some news for you – what is happening in America is the forerunner of what is to happen throughout the entire world, if the vast majority of humans do not wake up fast and unit as a species, forget country, race, gender, color, religion, language – think human species.

We here in America are just at ground zero, we are the guinea pigs of this global experiment. TPTB know that if you can take down America, the rest of the world will follow.

Reread my last statement. Americans have always had a attitude, don’t tread on me, you will not take our guns as long as we have breath, we are strong and self-sufficient, and so TPTB have targeted America first. Topple the foundation of strength and the rest of the “countries” will easily fall into line.

A planet run by corporations is a soon to be a global problem.

America is not run by the people and for the people.

The average American has no say so as to what our Senate and Congress do. Our elections are nothing more than a sham to pacify the people.

Our President, Senate and Congress are run by the large corporations, not the people.

A good example of this is 911. In my humble opinion, 911 was perpetrated by a fraction of the US Government against the very people it swore to protect, in order to have an excuse to make war upon another country without its people uprising in revolt. Nothing short of the average American truly believing we were being attacked could have leaded us into war.

It was a way to manipulate and control the common American. Americans were told and we saw film showing “we were being attacked” and then told lies, lies and more lies.

The real history of this entire planet is probably much different in reality than what we have all been told in school, all of us.

“Of course the people don’t want war. But after all, it’s the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it’s always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it’s a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.” ~ Herman Goering Source: www.snopes.com...

The quote cited above does not appear in the transcripts of the Nuremberg trials because although Goering spoke these words during the course of the proceedings, he did not say this at his trial but privately to Gustave Gilbert, a German-speaking intelligence officer and psychologist. Gilbert wrote a book, I highly suggest, “Nuremberg Diary”.

Our media is where the majority of people get their information from and the media, in America is nothing more than a corporate mouthpiece for the elite that are hell bent on not just ruling America but the planet as well.

The information (news) is slanted in such a way as to misinform the majority of people.

Control the information and you can control and manipulate the people.

Read my location.

America is run by the large corporations and a small handful of elite people that own these corporations.

And what’s more, I believe this is a human problem.

Start researching who the real puppet masters are.

Now read my ATS name.

We, you, I and the rest of humanity are in this together – this is a call to arms for the entire human race, not just the one country you chose to pick on.

I am 58 years old and have watched the rest of the entire planet starting to fall into line.

Again, America is just ground zero, The Netherlands is further down the line but the global elite, some of which may not even be human have your country in sight as well, it’s only a matter of time.

I also suggest you read “Global Conspiracy” by David icke. Radical thinking, yes but these are radical times.

[edit on 7-9-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I suppose we should ignore all that the United States did for the world during WW2. Lets not discuss the positive points that have come about because of the United States influence on world policies, and what our service men and women have contributed to and given their lives for. All this coming from someone who's country gave up and ran 1 day into the fight during WW2.

"The history of the Netherlands from 1939 to 1945 covers the events in the Netherlands that took place under the German occupation that started on May 10, 1940 with the Battle of the Netherlands. The Netherlands hoped to stay neutral when World War II broke out in 1939 but this failed to happen when Nazi Germany invaded the Netherlands in May 1940. On May 15, 1940, one day after the Bombing of Rotterdam the Dutch forces capitulated. Subsequently the Dutch government and the royal family went into exile in London. The occupying forces were supported by a minority of the Dutch. Active resistance was carried out by a small minority which grew in the course of the five years of the occupation. The Germans deported the majority of the country's Jews to concentration camps. In doing so they were assisted by the Dutch police and civil service"
en.wikipedia.org...

At least our country doesn't turn tail and run, sure we have our faults like any other, but God Bless the USA.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I think a lot of the negativity about the US comes from people making judgements based on stereotypes.

Having said that, there does seem to be quite a superiority complex going on with Yanks, but can you blame them? From the moment they can speak and hear Americans are told their country is the land of the free, the greatest nation in the world and the world's saviour. It's not at all surprising really.

I don't hate Americans, what's the point, save my hate for those who really deserve it, paedophiles and the evil in the world.

However I do think that there is a glaring contradiction in the American mindset. For a country that holds the Constitution up as an absolute and is fanatical about their Rights, they sure prance around the globe not giving a damn about the constitutional rights of other nations and their citizens. But hate them, no, I don't even dislike them, the world would be a bloody boring place if they were all Canadian!!!

All the best ATS, especially my US brothers and Sisters!

[edit on 7-9-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Americans ourselves are disliked because we are so oblivious to what's going on in the world and the consequences to our actions. It's kind of tragic and would be funny otherwise, but Americans are known around the globe as ignorant. --airspoon

Sad it's like that too... I think it's mostly because while MSM are dumbing down younger generations (like mine) with reality TV, they also only report on local news, news going on only in America. Of course we have a few rare channels that report on world news but not without making the U.S. look like it's the most civilized in the world.

One of the few things I love about the U.S. (besides air conditioner, going to Walmart in PJs and no one cares, and diversity) is our love for animals.

Honestly though, most Americans are good people. Gullible and usually wrong but they try to do what they think is right.

But yeah, we are pretty ignorant. Hopefully the mixing of many different cultures will change that...

[edit on 9/7/10 by ohsnaptruth]

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Now see, this whole post from you is another reason why people don't like Americans. You bring up the typical thing that most patriotic Americans bring up in a situation like this. "Where would the world be after WW2 if it wasn't for America"? "At least we saved your country from destruction", "We did not turn tail and run away"

I know they are not all your quotes, but I am trying to quote things i have heard before uttered by like minded individuals like you. You are insulting the guy by even bringing that up. Yeah, maybe his country didn't fight, and yeah maybe your country with a huge population advantage did fight, but surely it's not necessary to be so in-your-face about it.

You are merely providing more evidence now why many people don't appreciate or like America.

VVV

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Sigh. I love the "yeah, we done bad, but you'd all be speaking German if it wasn't for us!" posts. I appreciate you posting this, Sinter. I just spent 4 years living in your country, and I really was impressed with the way the "normal" Dutch person was well versed in history and was not afraid to engage in a little introspection.

Which was why I fell in love with the Dutch to begin with. I was visiting the Rijksmuseum and they had an exhibit about the East India Trading Company. There would be a big picture of some old Dutch Captain, and the caption would say, "So and so was known as The Butcher. He enslaved thousands of indigenous people and worked them to death. He was a brutal slavemaster.... But he made us a lot of money."

Seriously. I not only laughed my ass off, but I immediately fell in love with the Dutch's brutal honesty. The Dutch DEFINITELY know their history, and they aren't ashamed of it. They also learned from it, unlike America.

If you just had better weather...(and food) I would still be there. I was one of the people that said, "If Bush wins again in 2004, I am done with this place", and I actually did it. I came back to America because of the aforementioned weather and food, not because I think Obama changed anything for the better. All Obama did was prove that They are all on the same team, and Resistance is Futile. I might as well be comfortable and well fed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join