It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why people don't like the United states of America.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

S&F buddy. thanks for sharing.

would that title even fit? or would the title get cut off?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

lol, not sure but I think it shows my opinion..

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Why people don't like the United states of America.

Very well written and researched. I don't agree with everything you suggest, but I like the time and effort you put into it.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The real problem is a strong American mass-media. Every country has dirt, but the American mass-media is so wide-spread, people think what is shown is what Americans are really like. Hence you have things like believing Americans love war and love to sue. Even Americans believe that what is shown to them by the media is representative of the majority.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
There are two ways to fix that.

1. Adopt a Non-Interventionist Foreign Policy.
2. Leave all International Organizations (WTO, NAFTA, NATO, etc...)

Then we can't push anything on you and you can finally shut up already. You people abroad keep bitching and complaining about us but it's your governments too that are in on this. The only reason your country has so much American influence is because your government lets it. (This obviously does not include ME countries we are blowing the # out of for no good reason except imperialism.)

But since you are Dutch you could always start telling your politicians to leave NATO, WTO or just not deal with the US. But no... it’s always up to us to fix the problem. Isn't it bad enough that we actually have to live with these politicians!? Who are as unresponsive to our demands as a deaf and blind dog!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

We here in the Netherlands are expected to know the law. We can not us an excuse that says : Oh dear... I'm sorry. I didn't know.

We here in the USA also are expected to know the law, and ignorance is never an excuse. Why do you think Americans are allowed to say 'oh dear....I'm sorry, I didn't know'?

That doesn't work here either, FYI.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
You people abroad keep bitching and complaining about us but it's your governments too that are in on this. The only reason your country has so much American influence is because your government lets it.

That's true, I think from the end of WWII our government is in bed with yours. And they supported a lot of decisions the American government made in the past.

Originally posted by 547000
The real problem is a strong American mass-media.

You got an important point here. What we see here in The Netherlands isn't representative for the American people. We got a lot of TV shows from the US on or television and they direct to a certain view of the US. When I believe what I see on TV, than I would think that living in the US is dangerous with all the violence (supposedly) going on. Now I know that there are certain places where it's really dangerous, but that's not in the whole of the US. We got those places over here too.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Bigotry is nothing new. Everybody loves to hate. It makes us feel better about ourselves.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Until I joined ATS I never realized how obsessed people over the world are with the U.S.

Is "obsessed" too strong a word?

Hm. No, seems to fit rather nicely.

Oh, well. I supposed we are a rather fascinating bunch.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

Laughing Cat, your avatar is another reason why a lot of people hate Americans, it says all there is to know about Joe Average’s US mindset.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by airspoon

Thank you.

That is exactly what I intended to point my finger to. I thought that I was clear about that.

It seems I have to spend more time in my presentation.

You were clear. And your presentation was fine. I'm sorry to say but you will always have these people, and let me say I'm not speaking of air, he was simply backing you up. No I mean these other people putting you down, putting words in your mouth that you didn't say, and asking questions that you already answered. That is simply one result of that "patriotism" you were talking about.

I agree with almost everything you said, and I AM a patriot, but a real one. I am part native american, so this is my country, and I love it. What I do NOT love is the government, as many others including you have said. Also, I hate the blind, brainwashed fools who can't see the truth in what you have said.

But like I said, unfortunately we will always have to put up with them. Just do like I do, and ignore them.
Works perfectly.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Yup, yup and yup! I'm an American and I agree with you. However, let us not confuse ordinary everyday Americans with the political liars and thieves running the show and the multi-national corporations that pull their puppet strings. They are the cause of these issues. And no, you cannot blame the American voter as "elections" have been a sham for the past several decades.

Kozmo, you bring up some interesting points. You write that 'we' should not blame ordinary Americans for the policies of the people running the show. Your comment suggests acceptance and passivity about 'your' own system. This is something that needs to change. You must reconquer your own country before conquering others.

I don't believe that the American brand of Empire has contributed much, if anything, to countries invaded. Former colonial powers at least built infrastructure, such as roads, schools and hospitals. The American Empire prefer to blow # up. Yours is a very destructive form of Empire. In fact, the US Military is the hammer.

You can't be a Republic and an Empire. Remember the Pilgrims? The Pilgrims had two desires:

*A country without a king
*A church without a pope.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Hi.

Please do not think I'm blaming the American citizen. If I was able to do what you said I would at least try, but the Dutch are in a similar situation. It seems we are all barking at the wrong tree. When I talk about the empire I'm very much aware of my country being just a part of it

However...

When it comes to change in Americas you are among those who can make it happen. I am not. Of course this also is the case back here, where I can make a little difference and you can not.

Don't blame me for pointing out stuff that actually have taken place. I don't blame you.

I could shed some more of the crap my country did. Like Indonesia where Dutch soldiers were send to take back control by force. Believe me when I say that the people I know that have been there have experienced worse things the in the 2 WW.

My country also experienced terrorism, from a group we took home with us.

However... This is nothing like the current hate that is directed to America. I don't like that. Especially now I know a bunch of Americans.IMO the only thing that is capable of taking away the hate is by talking about it. I've been U2U ing with you a while ago, if anything came out of that then I hope that it is me not thinking different about you, then I think of my neighbor. Who is a nice guy to say the least

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I'm sorry

I posted that as an example of something different all together. Don't just read that one sentence.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Please share where you do not agree. As it it is the reason for this thread.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

We can no longer keep laying the blame in others laps. We the people were supposed to as our jobs and no one else's were to keep the Fed in check.

We did not do this because we became fat and happy and let them manipulate us.

We re-elected George Bush in 2004 after he proved to all of us what side he was on and it was not the side of "We the people..."

We the people let this happen, and its We the people that are the only ones in the world that are able to stop this machine from hurting mankind any further.

We the people are responsible and the sooner this sinks in the sooner this American nightmare will be laid to rest in order to let the American dream come true once again.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'm sure all the conspiracy buffs on this board know that The world is being run by a small Kabal of International Bankers people who have no national affiliation or citizenship

they own all our countries and manipulate them according to where and when it will make them the most money

they makes all these wars and political overthrows for money

so hate the ones who did this but not America I love my land I have no political loyalty at or government loyalty

I don't hate on any countries and as some have brought up other nations commit foul crimes against humanity have perspective and put the blame where it belongs

we don't have a say in how our country is run and neither does anyone else

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I don't understand why people are upset over this thread. We shouldn't just ignore the fact that people hate America, nor should we pretend that we are liked. Sometimes we just have to face reality and if we can understand our own faults, then we can take measures to correct those faults if we so desire.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Look I can put this whole thing to rest very, very quickly...

I blame MTV. I blame MTV for everything.

It's MTVs fault that the world hates America.

Don't believe me? Watch an episode of Jersey Shore and see if you don't find yourself feeling like you want to drop some bombs on a small country before it's over.

The world would be a utopian paradise if it wasn't for MTV.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Did you know I was actually on that show? Well not "on" on it, rather I was filmed walking across their "set" this summer. This summer, my children and I happened to go to Seaside Heights for a weekend trip and all of the sudden I found myself in line behind one of the characters while the show was being filmed.

I personally have never seen the show but I have heard of it. They act like it is reality but the whole thing is staged. They take multiple "takes" and almost everything is planned out. It is anything but reality.

As far as your point, I have never seen the show so I wouldn't know though from what I hear about it, your right. These kids have not a single worry in the world, other than an occasional bad hair day, while this country is supposedly at war and our foreign policy effects almost every corner of the world. In a way, this is what makes this country so great but on the other side of it, it is so sad and annoying to boot.

Sometimes it amazes me how one portion of this country can be sitting in a foxhole somewhere knee-deep in handgrenade pins while another portion is having a fot because their is wrinkle in his undies.

--airspoon

[edit on 6-9-2010 by airspoon]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join