It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US troops called in as Iraqi army base attacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

US troops called in as Iraqi army base attacked

www.bbc.co.uk

US troops have been called in to help Iraqi forces battle insurgents who attacked an army base in Baghdad, killing 12 people, officials say.

It marks the first such use of US troops since the end of US combat operations five days ago.

US forces remaining in Iraq can now only participate in operations at the request of Iraqi authorities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
We all knew this was, and will continue, to happen. Evidently Iraqi forces with modern equipment, tanks and jeeps still cannot fend of group attacks by insurgents.

I believe the new Iraqi administration all stated they will US support for "at least a another decade".

Obama's promise about US troops leaving Iraq by August 2010 is about as slick as saying you'll move your family out of your parents basement suite but still continue to have your kids sleep on their couches through the week and feed them... Messes will be bound to happen and you and your wife will get called back to action lol/

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

You have to wonder what they have been doing over there for the past 9 years..

Our Australian troops were mainly involved with training the Iraqi soldiers.

Obviouslt they didn't learn very much..

How many Taliban are left and how well armed can they be??

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM
reply to post by CanadianDream420

You have to wonder what they have been doing over there for the past 9 years..

Our Australian troops were mainly involved with training the Iraqi soldiers.

Obviouslt they didn't learn very much..

How many Taliban are left and how well armed can they be??

Well, gee...it's like if you are alive, you probably are 'Taliban', as there are so many soldiers shooting at everything that moves. Kids, photographers, themselves. How would you like to live in war zone based on a fraud (911)? It's survival, not a political choice.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

Well, gee...it's like if you are alive, you probably are 'Taliban', as there are so many soldiers shooting at everything that moves. Kids, photographers, themselves. How would you like to live in war zone based on a fraud (911)? It's survival, not a political choice.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say..

I was saying with all the time spent training the Iraqi soldiers and all the weaponary given too them, I am surprised they couldn't defend a "base" on their own..

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Taliban? In Iraq? I don't think so. Taliban is in Afghanistan / Pakistan (Waziristan).

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Iraq is in big trouble.
The shiite Mahdi army wasn’t beaten into submission, it wasn’t defeated by the Americans, it simply went home, stored its weapons and waited.

Everyone knew the Americans had to leave one day, one day sooner rather than later and leave the fragile Iraqi army to defend.

The Mahdi army have been recalled and over the next few months there will be small attacks like this.

Probing the Iraqi's and their capabilities.

As soon as America enters, they'll retreat back into the shadows.

Then one day, once they've completed an in-depth review of Iraqi capabilities they will launch a massive attack and effectively take over the government.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Whats in a name?? They are all radical terrorists in the eyes of the DOD..

Actually I thought it was al-Qaida we were attacking in Iraq but these damn enemies keep changing

edit to add: oops, it was me that mentioned Taliban in an earlier post..
Sorry, so many threads and threats I get confused

[edit on 5-9-2010 by CynicalM]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
Taliban? In Iraq? I don't think so. Taliban is in Afghanistan / Pakistan (Waziristan).

Another fine example of ignorance on their part. Yet they want to debate and argue the issue when half of them can't even get the countries or combatants right.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f4fd60bbab2.jpg[/atsimg]

Thanks for clarifying that.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

You just blow up and shoot anyone who doesn't like the fact you invaded their country basically. It's all good.
And yes, one does have to wonder where all that training and equipment has gone when they can't even defend a base....a base for crying out loud, probably one of the easiest places to defend and fortify i imagine.

[edit on 5-9-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

edit to add: oops, it was me that mentioned Taliban in an earlier post..
Sorry, so many threads and threats I get confused

I made a mistake and I'm immediatly declared ignorant??

I think thats ignorance at its best Slayer...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Then one day, once they've completed an in-depth review of Iraqi capabilities they will launch a massive attack and effectively take over the government.

This is their worst fear.

I believe the Taliban did this after the Soviets left?......

top topics

join