It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US has no excuse to attack Iran'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

Soshh, I realise that your post contains information which is relavent to the question I asked, and I realise that your post came before mine. However, the post I wrote took time to write,and was done while I was working.

I realise also that the things that you say justify war are terrible, dishonourable things. I agree. Bloody shameful. But I wonder how many Iranians have died the same way but being led away by US intel, and I wonder how many US operatives have been key in escalating the issue with Iran?

None of what you have said however can possibly match the horror of a war on terror which can only be justified by an incident which has never been properly investigated in an impartial manner, a war which has claimed the lived of tens of thousands of non combatant and therefore innocent civilians, and ruined the reputation of the armed forces of TWO nations at least.

I say again, my post came after yours, but I was writting it for a while. If you feel my post ignores yours then Im sorry , but you can drop the "ffs" attitude. Theres no need. In short, stick a sock in it, calm yourself down, and stop getting het up over nothing. This is a forum on the internet, its not worth getting your underwear in a twist over. Ok ?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I apologise for the attitude, I assumed that you hadn't bothered to read my post. I wasn't as frustrated as you're making out but you can understand why it bothered me after taking the time to write a reasonably large post for the benefit of others.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

NO US has money to strike Iran, those Saudi & Arabic Islands near persian Gulf ready to support all financial part of this WAR... so the issue is not money, the issue is US technically not capable to attack Iran and they can't predicted all catastrophic side effects after this attack.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Prof. Twister]

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSam

'US has no excuse to attack Iran'

www.presstv.ir

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has ruled out the likelihood of an attack on Iran, stressing that the US would have no reason for such a move.

"First of all, there is no reason or evidence to support a conflict with Iran," Ahmadinejad said at a press conference in Doha on Sunday. "Secondly, the US is incapable of taking action against Iran."
(visit the link for the full news article)

I think the latest IAEA report to the UN could justify an attack. They are continuing to enrich urnaium in violation of UN sanctions. But hey, there intent is peaceful, so we should look the otherway.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
didn't somebody try to say osama bin laden was in iran a couple of months ago? i swear it was from our gov't.

we don't ever have a good excuse to invade anyone, we just make them up and do it anyways. i don't see why you're so concerned about this, we'll bomb iran soon enough, just be patient.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Reading some of the comments from bigoted yanks on here, I have concluded I would rather choose Iran ANYDAY over the good ole US of A.....

Iran hasnt attacked anyone in 1000 years.....

can the US say the same....???

50 odd attacks or invasions since WW11......the only cowardly country to use THE bomb....yup, Amerika is ALL class...

Ask yourself.....who are the bad guys here...???

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
The American public never knows if they have a good excuse to invade
another country and go to war. For the last fifty years the leaders of the
military industrial complex and the Federal Reserve war financiers have
made all of the decisions for war in the US, not the congress.

What the people in the US get is propaganda, lies, and false flags.

The US accounts for more than 40% of the entire world's total
military budget. And the misnomer?...We call it defense spending.

Our nuclear threat alone is enough for defense. Hell, our Trident subs alone
are enough for defense. Everything else is for aggression.

We soon will have a private US military that will rival our own in technology
and sub-nuclear armorment. Have you ever asked yourself why we need
ANY private military in a country that spends as much as we do
on defense....Because the Kings need their elite guard. All kings
need an elite guard, outside of law, who answer only to the master.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkLuitzen

dream on. the cia created alquaida. the msm is owned and run by zionists. you have not a clue what goes on.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by benoni
Reading some of the comments from bigoted yanks on here, I have concluded I would rather choose Iran ANYDAY over the good ole US of A.....

50 odd attacks or invasions since WW11......the only cowardly country to use THE bomb....yup, Amerika is ALL class...

and where are you from my dear lucidity?

if you want to pick iran, go for it, we'll just kill you along with them.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

No one expects any different mate, because we know you are a terrorist sympathizer

I bet you will be happy bombing my family to smithereens in Afghanistan as long as it serves your hate against Muslims and Islam

Yeah, that includes my cousins, my grandma, my grandpa is already killed under USSR. My uncles, my aunties..

Yup, that is why we call the US a terrorist nation.. Because of people like you..

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA

What an unusual thing to say... Are you signing up if it all kicks off?

It's not a football team, and you don't have to pick a side.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA

Giving americans a bad name since ever. Poor.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If you think that Iran "driving the insurgency in Iraq" is a legitimate reason for an invasion, explain to me how we can justify the American role in the "Cuban missile crisis", and overall American stance toward Cuba.

If having a communist country within the United States' "sphere of influence" invokes a right to self-defense, why doesn't having an invading army in a country you share a border with invoke a similar right?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I just read this latest report from Global Research and took a few snips ..peace Towards a World War III Scenario? The Role of Israel in Triggering an Attack on Iran
Part II The Military Road Map

by Michel Chossudovsky www.globalresearch.ca...
The Role of Israel

There has been much debate regarding the role of Israel in initiating an attack against Iran.

Israel is part of a military alliance. Tel Aviv is not a prime mover. It does not have a separate and distinct military agenda.

Israel is integrated into the "war plan for major combat operations" against Iran formulated in 2006 by US Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM). In the context of large scale military operations, an uncoordinated unilateral military action by one coalition partner, namely Israel, is from a military and strategic point almost an impossibility. Israel is a de facto member of NATO. Any action by Israel would require a "green light" from Washington.

Tactical Nuclear Weapons directed against Iran

Confirmed by military documents as well as official statements, both the US and Israel contemplate the use of nuclear weapons directed against Iran. In 2006, U.S. Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) announced it had achieved an operational capability for rapidly striking targets around the globe using nuclear or conventional weapons. This announcement was made after the conduct of military simulations pertaining to a US led nuclear attack against a fictional country. (David Ruppe, Preemptive Nuclear War in a State of Readiness: U.S. Command Declares Global Strike Capability, Global Security Newswire, December 2, 2005)

Continuity in relation to the Bush-Cheney era: President Obama has largely endorsed the doctrine of pre-emptive use of nuclear weapons formulated by the previous administration. Under the 2010 Nuclear Posture Review, the Obama administration confirmed "that it is reserving the right to use nuclear weapons against Iran" for its non-compliance with US demands regarding its alleged (nonexistent) nuclear weapons program. (U.S. Nuclear Option on Iran Linked to Israeli Attack Threat - IPS ipsnews.net, April 23, 2010). The Obama administration has also intimated that it would use nukes in the case of an Iranian response to an Israeli attack on Iran. (Ibid). Israel has also drawn up its own "secret plans" to bomb Iran with tactical nuclear weapons:

Electromagnetic Weapons

Electromagnetic weapons could be used to destabilize Iran's communications systems, disable electric power generation, undermine and destabilize command and control, government infrastructure, transportation, energy, etc. Within the same family of weapons, environmental modifications techniques (ENMOD) (weather warfare) developed under the HAARP programme could also be applied. (See Michel Chossudovsky, "Owning the Weather" for Military Use, Global Research, September 27, 2004). These weapons systems are fully operational. In this context, te US Air Force document AF 2025 explicitly acknowledgedthe military applications of weather modification technologies:

"Weather modification will become a part of domestic and international security and could be done unilaterally... It could have offensive and defensive applications and even be used for deterrence purposes. The ability to generate precipitation, fog, and storms on earth or to modify space weather, improve communications through ionospheric modification (the use of ionospheric mirrors), and the production of artificial weather all are a part of an integrated set of technologies which can provide substantial increase in US, or degraded capability in an adversary, to achieve global awareness, reach, and power." (Air Force 2025 Final Report, See also US Air Force: Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the Weather in 2025, AF2025 v3c15-1 | Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning... | (Ch 1) at www.fas.org).

Electromagnetic radiation enabling "remote health impairment" might also be envisaged in the war theater. (See Mojmir Babacek, Electromagnetic and Informational Weapons:, Global Research, August 6, 2004). In turn, new uses of biological weapons by the US military might also be envisaged as suggested by the PNAC: "[A]dvanced forms of biological warfare that can “target” specific genotypes may transform biological warfare from the realm of terror to a politically useful tool." (PNAC, op cit., p. 60).

Iran's Military Capabilities: Medium and Long Range Missiles

Iran has advanced military capabilities, including medium and long range missiles capable of reaching targets in Israel and the Gulf States. Hence the emphasis by the US-NATO Israel alliance on the use of nuclear weapons, which are slated to be used either pr-emptively or in response to an Iranian retaliatory missile attack.
In November 2006, Iran tests of surface missiles 2 were marked by precise planning in a carefully staged operation. According to a senior American missile expert (quoted by Debka), "the Iranians demonstrated up-to-date missile-launching technology which the West had not known them to possess." (See Michel Chossudovsky, Iran's "Power of Deterrence" Global Research, November 5, 2006) Israel acknowledged that "the Shehab-3, whose 2,000-km range brings Israel, the Middle East and Europe within reach" (Debka, November 5, 2006)

According to Uzi Rubin, former head of Israel's anti-ballistic missile program, "the intensity of the military exercise was unprecedented... It was meant to make an impression -- and it made an impression." (www.cnsnews.com 3 November 2006)

Iran's Ground Forces

While Iran is encircled by US and allied military bases, the Islamic Republic has significant military capabilities. (See maps below) What is important to acknowledge is the sheer size of Iranian forces in terms of personnel (army, navy, air force) when compared to US and NATO forces serving in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Confronted with a well organized insurgency, coalition forces are already overstretched in both Afghanistan and Iraq. Would these forces be able to cope if Iranian ground forces were to enter the existing battlefield in Iraq and Afghanistan? The potential of the Resistance movement to US and allied occupation would inevitably be affected.

Iranian ground forces are of the order of 700,000 of which 130,000 are professional soldiers, 220,000 are conscripts and 350,000 are reservists. (See Islamic Republic of Iran Army - Wikipedia). There are 18,000 personnel in Iran's Navy and 52,000 in the air force. According to the International Institute for Strategic Studies, "the Revolutionary Guards has an estimated 125,000 personnel in five branches: Its own Navy, Air Force, and Ground Forces; and the Quds Force (Special Forces)." According to the CISS, Iran's Basij paramilitary volunteer force controlled by the Revolutionary Guards "has an estimated 90,000 active-duty full-time uniformed members, 300,000 reservists, and a total of 11 million men that can be mobilized if need be" (Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran - Wikipedia), In other words, Iran can mobilize up to half a million regular troops and several million militia. Its Quds special forces are already operating inside Iraq.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Yeah here is a great eye opener for those in denial. So far Iran only claims their Persian history and heritage when it serves their needs.

REALITY CHECK!
Great post by brisk002

"Somebody does not know their history. Iran has never attacked anybody? Here is a long list of Warfare history involving Iran, aka PERSIA.

Wars affecting Iran 945-1258

Buyid Conquest of Shiraz
Buyid conquest of Baghdad; Buyid Dynasty ruled western Iran, Azerbaijan, Iraq
Buyids took Mosul
Buyid Dynasty Succession Struggles
Uqaylid Arabs took Mosul from Buyids
Ghaznavids took Khorasan from Samanids
Rayy (near Tehran) fell to the Ghaznavids (previously Buyid)
Seljuk Turks entered Khorasan
Seljuk Turks took Nishapur
Seljuk Turks defeated Ghaznavids in Battle of Dandanqan, annexed Khorasan
Seljuk Turks conquered Rayy area from Ghaznavids
Seljuk Turks conquered Isfahan area
Seljuk Turks took Baghdad (hitherto Buyid)
Seljuk Turks took Shiraz (hitherto Buyid)
Seljujk victory over Byzantinians in Battle of Mantzikert
Qara Qitai defeated Seljuks in Battle of Qatwan
Ghurids destroyed Ghazna
Seljuk Shah killed in battle against Khwarizm Shah
Khwarizm Shah conquered Ghurid possessions in Afghanistan, eastern Iran
First Mongol Raid of Iran
Mongol conquest of Isfahan
Mongol Raid of Anatolia: Seljuk Sultanate of Rum submitted
Mongol Conquest of remainder of Iran, and of Iraq
Wars affecting Persia / Iran 1258-1501

Wars with the Khanate of the Blue (Golden) Horde
Battle of Ain Jalut; Mongol defeat at the hands of the Mamluks
Mamluks repelled Ilkhanid Invasion (Battle of Homs)
Succession Conflict in the Ilkhanate
llkhan Teguder (a Muslim convert) toppled in a rebellion
Anti-Semitic riots in Iraq, Iran
Rebellion ousted Khan Gaykhatu
Rebellion ousted Khan Baidu
Mamluks repelled Ilkhanid invasion
Succession struggles resulted in fragmentation of Ilkhanate
Sarbardar State in Eastern Iran, centered on Sabzavar, conquered by Tamerlane
Tamerlane raided the Khanate of the Golden Horde
Tamerlane conquered fragments of Ilkhanate
Tamerlane raided the Khanate of the Golden Horde
Tamerlane raided Northern India, sacked Delhi
Tamerlane's war on the Ottoman Empire
Shah Rukh, from his base in Herat, took Mazandaran
Shah Rukh took Samarkand
Shah Rukh took Fars
Shah Rukh took Kerman
Qara Qoyunlu invaded Persia
Shah Rukh fought three campaigns against Qara Qoyunlu; temporarily took Azerbaijan
Shah Rukh died; his Empire disintegrated, son Ulugh Beg attempting to establish his rule
Ulugh Beg executed after a rebellion
Qara Qoyunlu temporarily occupied Timurid capital of Herat
Safavid campaign against Armenia, Georgia terminated by Shirwan Shah who defeated Safavids
Aq Qoyunlu conquered Qara Qoyunlu
Timurids failed to take Azerbijan from Aq Qoyunlu
Aq Qoyunlu defeated by Ottomans
Safavid victory over Aq Qoyunlu

Wars of Safavid Persia, 1501-1736

Portuguese capture of Hormuz
Uzbeks conquered Herat, Khorasan
Safavids conquered Diyarbakir, Baghdad, Iraq
Safavids conquered Herat, Khorasan from Uzbeks
Safavid defeat at hands of Ottomans in Battle of Chaldiran; loss of territory in E. Anatolia
Repulsion of 5 Uzbek invasions into Khorasan
Ottoman-Persian War; Baghdad conquered by Ottomans in 1534, Basra in 1546
Safavid conquest of Qandahar, from Mughal Empire
Ottoman-Persian War; Ottoman conquest of Azerbaijan
Rebels ousted Shah Muhammad Khudabanda, enthroned his son Abbas
Qandahar lost to Mughal Empire
Victory over Uzbeks; Herat regained
Ottoman-Persian War, loss of Azerbaijan, Caucasus area to Persians
Ottoman-Persian War
Safavids took Hormuz from Portuguese
Qandahar gained from Mughal Empire
Ottoman-Persian War
Qandahar lost to Mughal Empire
Qandahar regained from Mughal Empire
Qandahar lost to the Ghilzay Afghans
Afghan conquest of Isfahan; Safavid Dynasty terminated
Russian invasion
Ottoman-Persian War; Ottoman occupation of Georgia, Azerbaijan, Shirvan
Expulsion of the Afghans and reunification of Persia by Nadir Shah
Ottoman-Persian War; Azerbaijan lost to Persia
Wars of Zand, Afshar, Qajar Persia, 1736-1907

Persian Occupation of Oman
Invasion of Afghanistan, Punjab, sack of Delhi
Expedition against the Uzbeks
Anti-Persian rebellions in Azerbaijan
Ottoman-Persian War
Wars between Azeri Khanates
Bukhara seceded from Persian Empire
Persian force conquered Fort Mosselstein on Kharg Island from the V.O.C.
Ottoman-Persian War; temporary Persian occupation of Basra
Persian invasion of Qatar
Qajar army invaded Azerbaijan
Russian Army invaded Azerbaijan; withdrew upon death of Catherine II.
Qajars defeated, terminated Zand Dynasty in Iran, Afshar Dynasty in Khorasan
Qajar army invaded Azerbaijan
War with Russia
Afghan-Persian War
Ottoman-Persian War
War with Russia
War with Afghanistan
Persian occupation of Herat, followed by a British invasion of southern Iran
Herat lost to Afghanistan
Anti-Baha'i Riots in Isfahan, Yazd
Persian Revolution

Wars of Persia/Iran 1907-1979

1908-1909
1914-1918
1920-1922
1941-1946
1969-1970
1973-1975

Persian Civil War
Russian Occupation of Tabriz
War with Russia; Russian temporary occupation of Tehran
World War I; Russia supplied through Persia.
Soviet occupation of Gilan, establishmnt of Soviet Republic of Gilan
Separatist entities (Soviet Republic of Gilan 1921; Kurdistan, Azerbaijan, Khorasan) suppressed
Coup d'Etat
Arab rebellion in Khuzistan
Kurdish rebellion
During World War II Anglo-Soviet occupation
Revolt in Azerbaijan
Brief Kurdish secession
Coup d'Etat
Anti-Reform Riots
Clashes on Iraqi border
Iran occupied islands n Persian Gulf, claimed by UAE
Iran supported Sultan of Oman against Dhofar Rebels
Islamic Revolution"

[edit on 8-9-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MarkLuitzen

All across Europe people have problems with the radical islamist and muslim youth and thats why in
Danmark - danish volks party
belgium - NVA and Vlaams belang
austria - FpO
are in the lead and why in french the party of Le Pen is in getting more votes.

All too true. Which should scare the bejeezus out of Europe. This growing anti-Muslim hysteria should scare us all. Some concern over radicalism in European Islam, and American, too, should be a concern. But this foolish habit of coloring all Islam with the same brush is giving rise to an equally dangerous rise in radical fascism/nationalism.

Obviously, you're aware of it, or you wouldn't have mentioned it. But how aware are the average work a day Europeans of this tide?

That a country like Iran, who sees itself as a world player, would support something of this nature...worries me. Not because they'll be successful, but because Europe, and the U.S., may be forced to react is a manner that will result in millions, or at least thousands, of deaths in Iran, and elsewhere. How the mullahs, who are the real power in Iran can possibly think this is a good tactic is very worrisome.

Iran's President? He's a non entity who say and do precisely what the council of mullahs decree, nothing more or less.

[edit on 9/8/2010 by seagull]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I live in the UK which apparantly counts as Europe, and I can say that I am fully aware of anti islamic extremism in my area. Luckily I have been a friendly face in my area for many years, one that many people associate with good vibes, so when I speak out against such hate, as I often do, my opinion gets heard rather than falling on deaf ears.
Its my opinion that this kind of hatred is what lead to the Nazi uprising in Germany, and the camps which killed jews by the truckload. My grandfathers fought against the Nazis, and like them, I would fight against any political system which appeased xenophobic politics. Xenophobia is a disease , and ought to be wiped out as quickly and as efficiently as possible in my opinion. An inability to accept cultural differences , and work around them, is not just a character flaw, it is evidence of an illness which has no cure but total and utter defeat on the field of war. I would make war on my fellow countrymen if they betrayed the sacrifices made by my grandfathers generation. My respect to thier sacrifices in our finest hour, and my love for my nation, demand that it be so .

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
People don't realize how easy it is for Iran to play a Proxy war against US, the same way ISI is playing that same game against in Afghanistan, and look how US is struggling..

And you don't seem to realize that Iran has been playing such proxy war for years against the United States and allies...

You don't know that Iran sponsors terrorism?

www.thedailybeast.com...

You don't believe the above?...

BEIRUT, Lebanon, Aug. 25 (UPI) -- Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah called on the Lebanese government to seek Iran's assistance in providing arms for the Lebanese army.

"I vow that Hezbollah will work fervently and capitalize on its friendship with Iran to ensure it helps arm the Lebanese military in any way it can and Hezbollah ministers will make that same vow before the cabinet," Nasrallah said in a speech on Hezbollah's al-Manar satellite station.

www.upi.com...

edit on 8-9-2010 by ElectricUniverse because: errors

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Would you tell us how we work around and with Islamic extremists?...

You want to go to their territories and try to talk to them?...

Go ahead please, perhaps before your head gets cut off you will realize that you can't work with, or around islamic extremism...

Being against Islamic extremism IS NOT RACIST...

I do find it ironic that you talk against the holocaust yet in the same sentence you say that any talk against Islamic extremism must be eradicated...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join